• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX RESPECT announced for PS4

If Play Asia doesn't ship my copy tomorrow lord help me I will pre-double dip with HKD PSN credit.

I will actually email them to cancel my order since it was not shipped in the estimated time and buy digital psn tokens

I just can't wait tbh

Can you play Versus against a friend in your friend list online?

wapplew

Muted or PS4 default theme music? Because if so, I will feel so much better for getting a physical. Still waiting for Impulse to ship my copy.

Mute.
It's quite nice, the art work and dynamic background but I expect more from Djmax graphic designer.

megalowho

I didn't know I could do this!? How do I enable it?
Bit of a pain, Vita needs to be on the same account as the PS4 for remote play. Had to use an old memory card, Format > Restore System and login under the HK account during setup to get it to work.

Will have to go back and forth to compare but it got me through Lemonade and Whiteblue. Soundtrack is great, so many tracks I'd forgotten and the new ones fit right in. Menu music is fire too, especially the mission and ranking themes.

MattAces

Mute.
It's quite nice, the art work and dynamic background but I expect more from Djmax graphic designer.

Impulse Sunway just got the stock. But I ordered for online shipment, so hopefully JB will get it today.
17835209_1434128196679190_904448231746358310_o.jpg

Bit of a pain, Vita needs to be on the same account as the PS4 for remote play. Had to use an old memory card, Format > Restore System and login under the HK account during setup to get it to work.

Ahh I was afraid it was remote play. This was never going to be an option for me due to the added latency.

Jiraiza

Will Asian region folks be able to play with Japanese region folks? Maybe I should get the Asian copy too just so I can play with NeoGAF people or something.

MattAces

Will Asian region folks be able to play with Japanese region folks? Maybe I should get the Asian copy too just so I can play with NeoGAF people or something.

Yes, game region/console region/account region has nothing to do with the online stuff, since it's all handled backend depending on your IP.
If you're playing from Japan, you will most likely get matched with Korean/Japanese unless you specifically invited friends from other regions or there's no players around you and eventually it will widen its boundary.

Jiraiza

Yes, game region/console region/account region has nothing to do with the online stuff, since it's all handled backend depending on your IP.
If you're playing from Japan, you will most likely get matched with Korean/Japanese unless you specifically invited friends from other regions or there's no players around you and eventually it will widen its boundary.

Neat, guess I'll just wait for the JPN release. I have a few games to hold me over until then, anyway.

I'm sure I'll cave in and buy it next week.

146 songs and you can unlock each song's video. Then you can make a playlist with whatever videos you want. You can even turn off the video and just have the audio playing. Basically build your own soundtrack.

I'm enjoying the unlock system:

Many stats to look at: play count, percentage of grades, time spent in each difficulty, how many items you've unlocked, your top 10 songs.

More screenshots:

MattAces

146 songs and you can unlock each song's video. Then you can make a playlist with whatever videos you want. You can even turn off the video and just have the audio playing. Basically build your own soundtrack.

I'm enjoying the unlock system:

Many stats to look at: play count, percentage of grades, time spent in each difficulty, how many items you've unlocked, your top 10 songs.

More screenshots:

There's time count? As in how many hours played!?

Dantero

This has actual parts of the song as key sounds, like the old games, right? Not like Superbeat's fixed sound you choose in the menu.

Skittles

This has actual parts of the song as key sounds, like the old games, right? Not like Superbeat's fixed sound you choose in the menu.
Yeap

I honestly did not like superbeat because pig its focus on non face button gameplay. Plus it had cheaper presentation than the previous titles

Is there local multiplayer? I'm in if there is. Can someone explain how I would buy this on the HK psn store and be able to play it on my Pro and OG PS4?

To someone who has pre-ordered the retail copy, this thread has just become torture.

Tell me about it. All these screens and Play-Asia still lists my copy as "processing". They have a couple of hours left until close of business and I'm gonna be very sad if they don't ship today.

Gunkankun

Anyone else getting minor stuttering during gameplay? Loving what the game is offering! Also, why doesnt the dynamic theme have any music? That was kinda disappointing

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hell yes at the game keeping track of achievements & stats.

How many songs have to be unlocked? How's the unlocking process been? Will the game inform you of what you need to do to unlock certain things?

MattAces

Is there local multiplayer? I'm in if there is. Can someone explain how I would buy this on the HK psn store and be able to play it on my Pro and OG PS4?

Yes, two players local battle and online.
Play-Asia is your best bet for the credit.
Create new user/account with HK address, each account can be activated with one Primary console and one Secondary console.

Case 1: If you want to obtain trophies for your main account and save your progress in your main profile (PS+ Cloud), you will have to activate your PS4 Pro as the HK account's primary console, then you can play the game on your main account. If you want to switch to the PS4 OG, you will have to deactivate HK account from PS4 Pro and reactivate Primary on your PS4 OG.

Case 2: If you don't mind playing two separate save file, then activate PS4 Pro as your HK primary console, you can enjoy the game from your main account. While on your PS4 OG, just activate it as secondary, then you wouldn't have to keep messing with the activation when you are switching console, however your progress will be separate, one will be on your main account and the other one will be in HK.

Yes, two players local battle and online.
Play-Asia is your best bet for the credit.
Create new user/account with HK address, each account can be activated as one Primary console and one Secondary console.

Case 1: If you want to obtain trophies for your main account and save your progress in your main profile (PS+ Cloud), you will have to activate your PS4 Pro as the HK account's primary console, then you can play the game on your main account. If you want to switch to the PS4 OG, you will have to deactivate HK account from PS4 Pro and reactivate Primary on your PS4 OG.

Case 2: If you don't mind playing two separate save file, then activate PS4 Pro as your HK primary console, you can enjoy the game from your main account. While on your PS4 OG, just activate it as secondary, then you wouldn't have to keep messing with the activation when you are switching console, however your progress will be separate, one will be on your main account and the other one will be in HK.

Awesome! Gonna attempt this over the weekend, thanks!

Hell yes at the game keeping track of achievements & stats.

How many songs have to be unlocked? How's the unlocking process been? Will the game inform you of what you need to do to unlock certain things?

Yea, the game tells you how you unlock what. In this screen, look at the bottom. For this particular achievement, there are 10 things you can unlock. Get a max combo on 10 songs, and you'll unlock the first thing. Most likely, it'll say to get max combo on 20 songs to unlock the next thing, etc.

If you want a specific calling card or song, you can see what you need to do to get it instead of randomly unlocking things.

Out of 146 songs, I currently have 72 songs.

MattAces

Yea, the game tells you how you unlock what. In this screen, look at the bottom. For this particular achievement, there are 10 things you can unlock. Get a max combo on 10 songs, and you'll unlock the first thing. Most likely, it'll say to get max combo on 20 songs to unlock the next thing, etc.

If you want a specific calling card or song, you can see what you need to do to get it instead of randomly unlocking things.

Oh my god, they really went all in with this game.

Edit: Also is The Obliterator a hard song? Can't find a single gameplay/full song, really hope it's one of those super challenging song.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Words cannot describe how happy this makes me. I seriously enjoyed playing Fever & Portable 3 in high school, but I HATED the unlocking system since it seemed like it took forever to unlock one song or skin. So glad they finally fixed it.

My body just began vibrating. This sounds too great.

I need this fucking game asap. Where the hell is my shipping confirmation from Play-asia?!

wapplew

You guys are not joking about the menu music, so good!
They go all out on presentation, menu animation is crazy, I can watch it all day.

Top Bottom