• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX RESPECT announced for PS4

Roubjon

Ah, don't know that too well either. If someone has a primer handy, I can just reference or use that.

Title, I was thinking 'Press X To Pay Respect'.

A quality meme will bring in all the new comers. I approve.

Also, is making a HK PSN any more difficult than a JPN PSN? I could have sworn it was an annoying process, but if you all say otherwise then I guess I can just buy some HK PSN credit and download it.

cj_iwakura

A quality meme will bring in all the new comers. I approve.

Also, is making a HK PSN any more difficult than a JPN PSN? I could have sworn it was an annoying process, but if you all say otherwise then I guess I can just buy some HK PSN credit and download it.

I wouldn't think so, I think I made one for kicks on PS3 a while back. That might be the easiest way, in fact...

I have no experience in the matter, but a friend recommended seagm.com for getting HK PSN credit. I imagine there are multiple choices out there.

Skittles

Ah, don't know that too well either. If someone has a primer handy, I can just reference or use that.

That's one good option.
|OT| Put some respeck on my game
DJMAX |OT| RESPECT my game
|OT| Now with less portable

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Apparently there's no preorder on the HK store. Which, by the way, was CRAZY easy to setup compared to my JP account.

E: Anyone know how much the game will cost? Play-asia has a small sale on HK cards...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trophy list is now up.

"Accomplished 999999 combos."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AND IT'S 6 NINES INSTEAD OF 5.

Edit: Wait, this has online? There's a trophy for playing 10 online matches. Sure hope I can actually find people to play it with (i.e. we can help each other out).

Skittles

Trophy list is now up.

"Accomplished 999999 combos."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AND IT'S 6 NINES INSTEAD OF 5.

Edit: Wait, this has online? There's a trophy for playing 10 online matches. Sure hope I can actually find people to play it with (i.e. we can help each other out).
Jesus fucking christ that's absurd and it's only a silver. I'm scared of the mission mode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My only guess/hope is that they got rid of the x5 limit & you can now go higher, maybe up to x9? Because jesus, it's a pain to get 99999 in the previous games & Superbeat Xonic (yet I still did it because I'm a madman), but now they want you to get 10x more than what is normally expected?

Just for the love of god, if you're going to bring back that stupid combo grinding, 1.) there better be a very good unlock associated with it, & 2.) don't bring back the utter tedious grinding of unlocking new songs & such like in the previous games, which was easily the worst part of Portable 3 & especially Fever.

I do wonder what the "hidden BGAs" are & how they're found.

Roubjon

Awesome I made a HK account. Will a 500 HKD PSN card pay for this? And will my US Playstation Plus enable online through my HK account?

Also, fuck that combo grind. I've done it in every game and this times it's 10x worse, which is insane.

Well...

8WrPr56.jpg

MattAces

Awesome I made a HK account. Will a 500 HKD PSN card pay for this? And will my US Playstation Plus enable online through my HK account?

Also, fuck that combo grind. I've done it in every game and this times it's 10x worse, which is insane.

500hkd should be able to cover it. And activate your HK account as primary, then you can play the game from your US account and get trophy.

Listonosh

500hkd should be able to cover it. And activate your HK account as primary, then you can play the game from your US account and get trophy.

I dont think you need to do that. I've downloaded games (albeit free ones) from the JPSN and was able to play them with my standard american account

MattAces

What do you mean by activating my HK account as primary to play from my US account?

Whenever you create a new user on PS4 and signing in a PSN, there will be a bunch of introductory screen and one of them will ask if you want to activate this console as "Primary", if you cancel it, it will be activated as secondary.

The difference between Primary and Secondary is:
Secondary is an account that is temporarily registered on a PS4, for example you went to a friend's place and you want to play your own digital game/progress for that time being, so you activate it as secondary. After you are leaving, you can just delete it.
Primary is meant to be among family members, where your brothers or sisters have their own accounts and everybody is sharing the same PS4. By activating primary, all of the contents are shared across accounts as long as it's on the same PS4.

You can only have one active Primary or Secondary at the same time, you can deactivate it anytime too.

I dont think you need to do that. I've downloaded games (albeit free ones) from the JPSN and was able to play them with my standard american account

That means you've activated it as Primary. It's just one of the starting screen when you are creating a new user that some people skipped it, which will cause the PS4 to assume it as secondary. I always see the same complaints around here that they couldn't play any contents from other account, so just an extra note for everybody :)

You have to set your PS4 as primary in an account for other accounts on that same PS4 to access that account's paid content.

This is a per-account setting, not a per-PS4 setting. If you only own one PS4, there is no reason not to set every single account as primary unless you intentionally want to deny other accounts on the same PS4 access to your content.

MattAces

Thanks!

Yo I get to play a new DJMAX game tomorrow. JC, I've missed your fresh beats so much.

This is my most hyped 2017 game since it was announced. Thank god it's finally here.
O2Jam was like the first ever video game that I was addicted to and since then I've been a huge fan of the music genre. Played Portable 3 and others religiously, and of course the recent Superbeat Xonic too.

cj_iwakura

This is my most hyped 2017 game since it was announced. Thank god it's finally here.
O2Jam was like the first ever video game that I was addicted to and since then I've been a huge fan of the music genre. Played Portable 3 and others religiously, and of course the recent Superbeat Xonic too.

I'd love to see O2Jam on consoles. I was playing a hacked DDR in PA that has a ton of great songs from O2J, they didn't get enough attention.

MattAces

I'd love to see O2Jam on consoles. I was playing a hacked DDR in PA that has a ton of great songs from O2J, they didn't get enough attention.

Man... o2Jam music selection is one of the best ever. V3 and Brahms.
Wasn't a huge fan of DJMax portable 1 and portable 2 songs but at least there's Whiteblue in it and the new songs are really good. Hopefully Portable 3 DLC drop soon, I need La Campanella and the newer Whiteblue.

Deft Beck

Wasn't a huge fan of DJMax portable 1 and portable 2 songs but at least there's Whiteblue in it and the new songs are really good. Hopefully Portable 3 DLC drop soon, I need La Campanella and the newer Whiteblue.

There's also a new song by the composer of WhiteBlue in RESPECT.

So which psn store is this on?

Korean PSN and Asian region PSN.

Register for the Hong Kong PSN; it's in English.

MattAces

There's also a new song by the composer of WhiteBlue in RESPECT.

Awesome! My favorite new songs so far from revealed MV are Don't Die, UAD and The Obliterator.

Don't Die is so damn good, by Paul Bazooka. Loved Kitty From Hell in Superbeat Xonic, so this is going to be great, plus it's great to see Don't Die is one of the end game song where it's extremely hard.

Roubjon

Is this the first time proper leaderboards will be in a DJMAX game? I know Black Square and Clazziquai had these weird website ones.

cj_iwakura

Andamiro started licensing some O2Jam songs for Pump Prime, but nothing fantastic yet. The best thing they did was get a track from EZ2DJ. (Another possible treasure trove.)

How did this sneak up on me? I know that Play-asia has HK PSN cards, but I have this wonderful collection of physical DJ Max games that would feel incomplete without some RESPECT!

I guess I'll order it with my next paycheck. *sigh*

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Just as a head's up for anybody in the UK - I had some problems ordering from Play Asia by Credit Card.

My first CC got picked up by fraud prevention when I tried buying last night and despite confirming it was me making the purchase I still couldn't complete this morning. Second CC (completely different provider) went through but they made a follow up phone call shortly afterwards to check it was a legit transaction.

Might just have been unlucky, but I thought it worth flagging. Strange that two separate companies would suddenly decide it was suspicious.

Listonosh

You have to set your PS4 as primary in an account for other accounts on that same PS4 to access that account's paid content.

This is a per-account setting, not a per-PS4 setting. If you only own one PS4, there is no reason not to set every single account as primary unless you intentionally want to deny other accounts on the same PS4 access to your content.

Oooooh, I thought one account could be set as primary only. I didn't realize multiple accounts could have the same PS4 as primary.

Glas

Hey guys i've made a PSN Community, it's called "DJMAX Respect Global Community"
With this we can invite each other easier when making lobbies

Tapejara

I haven't been following this at all since the announcement, but holy crap the UI looks so good. Watching a stream and I'm seriously impressed with how much work went into the UI alone.

Roubjon

I haven't been following this at all since the announcement, but holy crap the UI looks so good. Watching a stream and I'm seriously impressed with how much work went into the UI alone.

DJMAX never misses a beat regarding fabulous UI design.

Top Bottom