• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC - Devil May Cry announced (Capcom X Ninja Theory) - [Update: Unreal Engine 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Alright.

I don't want to just unilaterally shit on this thing based on a few screens and a trailer. That's too Gamer. But, what is with the slow as animations in the trailer? I realize that it's just CG or some heavily post processed in engine canned animations, and not indicative of gameplay, but jeez. When he runs up to the three monsters and starts shooting? He's moving like Gears speed. When he's spinning the monsters around on his sword/whip/scythe thing? Very slow and deliberate.

That, if nothing else, is so far from what I'm looking for in a DMC game.

USD

I actually thought the trailer wasn't bad.

But 60FPS or I'll be playing this when I can find it for 10 bucks.

farnham

Banned
StuBurns said:
Is that confirmed? It really doesn't resemble him at all, outside of his choice of jacket.
its confirmed that his name is dante. i cant confirm or deny wether he is the whitehaired dante we know.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ok, the trailer looked good, but pistols should sound more punchy.

looking forward to it

Well, how does everyone like it?
They changed his look and probably voice, and it looks like they are trying to make him into a 'youth-culture Xtreme!' self realized parody of himself.

This is the same shit they tried to do to Cole in Infamous; IF you all fight back now you still have time to change it!

FFS, exactly the same shit; just give this douche a go-gurt and skateboard.

StuBurns said:
I didn't like the trailer, who is the new guy?

"In Dante's cameo appearance in Viewtiful Joe, set non-canonically after Devil May Cry 2, Trish asks if Enzo "stole [Dante's] clothes again.", seemingly implying that Dante's major change of character in the game was due to Enzo impersonating him."

Radogol said:
Trailer's fine.

And I don't see how this Dante is anymore "emo", "gay" (seriously, guys?) or "extreme" than the previous one.

Hes a Hipster. A PBR drinking, meth smoking,my chemical romance listening, Hipter.

Also the game is made by Ninja Theory whos best game was a mediocre action game that people only liked because nothing was out on ps3 at the time it came out.

Cmagus

The problem is definitely the character design.I mean the game looks good it's just the character just feels like if this wasn't devil may cry it could be another game and you wouldn't be able to tell.Also in the trailer it looks like his sword has some kind of stretchy thing that can grab and throw stuff maybe like neros arm which I really liked in DMC 4.

I thought the animations in the trailer were fine. I'm just worried it's going to turn into some heavenly sword/GOW shit were it's all about the spectacle and has little to do with combos.

USD

Why are people saying he's a hipster? It's pretty obvious from the trailer they're going for a 70s punk feel.

Well he has the silver hair but he's colored over most of it.

It's either a reboot or we're supposed to believe the original Dante impregnated Helena Bonham Carter and this new Dante is the result.

they think that they are apealing to the Western Audience with this style change,
I in the West do not approve

I like my wise cracking hero Capcom characters like old Dante, Gene from Godhand, ect, ect

the emo phase... I thought that was dead.. why resurrect it? because freakin' Twilight was at the box office at the time? fuck that

Acidote

A friend of mine just did this:

nd3AX.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
BobTheFork said:
Well, how does everyone like it?
They changed his look and probably voice, and it looks like they are trying to make him into a 'youth-culture Xtreme!' self realized parody of himself.

This is the same shit they tried to do to Cole in Infamous; IF you all fight back now you still have time to change it!

FFS, exactly the same shit; just give this douche a go-gurt and skateboard.
Plot twist shoehorned after the fan outrage: this guy is just convinced to be Dante, but after a short tutorial the real Dante kicks in, cuts the kid in half, and replaces him as the real protagonist.

I hope the action is fast pace, because that trailer showed the action to very slow. Love the environment and all. But this is not DMC. Is like making a CastleVania game with no Castle's.

Radogol

YuriLowell said:
Hes a Hipster. A PBR drinking, meth smoking,my chemical romance listening, Hipter.

And the first Dante wasn't back when he debuted?

White-haired Dante was an obnoxious prick 10 years ago.

This is how obnoxious pricks look now.

YuriLowell said:
Also the game is made by Ninja Theory whos best game was a mediocre action game that people only liked because nothing was out on ps3 at the time it came out.

What does this have to do with what I said?

Not being a "serious" gamer i usually find most of what GAF complains about amusing.

But that is honestly the worst redesign of a character i have ever seen. What the fuck were they thinking?

Jocchan said:
Plot twist shoehorned after the fan outrage: this guy is just convinced to be Dante, but after a short tutorial the real Dante kicks in, cuts the kid in half, and replaces him as the real protagonist.

There also must be tons of butt rock that play at that exact same moment.

robor

Oh wow, a profound quote at the beginning of the trailer, that's never been done before, how neat.

: \

Toski

Devil May Cry doesn't need a protagonist reboot. If they just made a game focusing on the business of Devil May Cry and stop Dante going off on grand adventures they might of had something. Making Dante into a meth addict could work if they'd turn him into a vampire or some shit, but not a demon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom