• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC - Devil May Cry announced (Capcom X Ninja Theory) - [Update: Unreal Engine 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

wwm0nkey said:

Hmm, well at least it looks better than tha god awful Suda/Mikami project. The enviroments are nice and enemies too. Dante's horrible looks could actually fit in within the theme of the game.

But Ninja Theory is involved, so I expect nothing.

just saw the vid on Kotaku, so it's Dante and probably some dumb way to reboot the series which I have quabbles with the manner they are butchering the character's iconic look and voice

I understand the coolness probably of trying to tap Dante's early beginings or origins but they are doing it wrong with this character redesign and I don't subscribe to it

imagine redesigning Solid Snake into a suburban slack jawed Civic driving tard who pops his collar.. yeah like that

zoukka said:
Hmm, well at least it looks better than tha god awful Suda/Mikami project. The enviroments are nice and enemies too. Dante's horrible looks could actually fit in within the theme of the game.

But Ninja Theory is involved, so I expect nothing.

No this is worse then the Suda/Mikami underwhelm trailer.

they should rename it to twilight: the video game

also, wasn't there a thread the other day asking "how come we never got a twilight video game"? man...

Haunted

Eccocid said:
I actually liked the dark hair.
Gray haired characters are so common lately. They all look same.
For once Dante looks manly!
Skinny teenage heroin addicts are the manliest of them all.

m_3dd9fe7c65464295a14918f0cb10427e.jpg

sad-face-thumb343186.jpg

britney_crying.jpg

Grecco

I doubt this is Real Dante seing as how they have the iconic Dante in MVC3.

Most likely his son. Which makes me wonder what Dante did to have such a wussy awful looking son.

Zenith said:
ARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. THE MUSIC, STOP IT, STOP IT!

Also why is his voice deeper than his older selves?

I was about to knock the music and then I remembered DMC3's battle theme. So I can't say anything since that's my favorite DMC.

oh comeon guys, its not that bad.

I'm just happy to see its not stereotypical anime design (unnatural hair colour, excessive belts) or stereotypical western design (crew cut, steroids).

He looks a little eccentric, a little flamboyant. I approve.

IrishNinja said:
which wasnt really a bad game, and in comparison, DMC hasnt done anything to stand out as a series in years...? not getting the HS hate, stumps nailed most of the issues (i didnt awfully mind the sixaxis scenes, but then not much was good with that tech in '07...)
I'm glad you liked it, Irish. In my opinion, the game is a fucking clownshow even compared to DMC4. I have literally no confidence that Ninja Theory are capable of making a game *I* will enjoy to any great extent. As I said in another thread, it's about the same to me as announcing that Iizuka and Sonic Team would be developing a new DMC.

V_Ben

Banned
Ok, I actually liked the look of the trailer. I'm willing to be won over completely by actual gameplay footage.

StuBurns

Banned
farnham said:
Is that confirmed? It really doesn't resemble him at all, outside of his choice of jacket.

YuriLowell said:
I hope Capcom outsources Zone of the Enders 3 to Rebellion.
Given Nojiri's connection to both Rebellion and KojiPro, that could actually happen.

Radogol

Trailer's fine.

And I don't see how this Dante is anymore "emo", "gay" (seriously, guys?) or "extreme" than the previous one.

Shaka

BlazingDarkness said:
Doesn't look like Devil May Cry, therefore i like it!
I have no Idea how that wasn't DMC through and through.
Besides the look of the character. Cry some more guyz!:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom