• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC - Devil May Cry announced (Capcom X Ninja Theory) - [Update: Unreal Engine 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

onken

Remember just a few months ago when this rumor first surfaced and how we all laughed because it couldn't possibly true, as it would basically be GAF's collective worst nightmare.

Oh such sweet, ignorant days.

Kagari said:
Oh well, at least we always have the amazing that was DMC 1 and DMC 3. I can almost forgive DMC 4 with this news... almost.

Holding out for HD collection of DMC for the PS3.

I'll wait to see more of this game but the initial impression is ew.

onken said:
Remember just a few months ago when this rumor first surfaced and how we all laughed because it couldn't possibly true, as it would basically be GAF's collective worst nightmare.

Oh such sweet, ignorant days.
well it can't be THAT bad

i mean, what are they gonna do, screw up the main character design? even dmc2 didn't do that!

Sectus said:
Fucking fuck fuckingly fuck fuck FUCK!

This makes so little sense! DMC4 is Capcom's 8th best selling title of all time. It was made this generation with an extremely good engine (which still looks better than this new announced game), couldn't they have just made a new one themselves? Do they really want the DMC franchise to die?
They want to kill all of their franchises apparently

vio

I like the idea of having younger version of Dante for this game. Concept art version actually has face that resembles to old versions in some way, but then ingame model looks way diferent, way older...and just weird. RIP Dante.

The ugly Dante is already hard to swallow; they follow it up with ugly bloom lighting and vaseline smeared on the screen. Don't tell me - UE3 engine? Did they just chuck the DMC4 engine?

Eccocid

Actually he reminds me of

5cqc8.jpg

Gwanatu T

SolidSnakex said:
Because they stopped developing games and started outsourcing.

Although the jury is still out on this game, what is the deal with Capcom lately? What was the last game they actually developed, RE5?

Inafune:"We need a western developer for DMC, it needs a bit of their special touch!!"

Inafune's subordinate:"Well....I'd make a list of possible developers"

Inafune:"No need my second rate human, I'm fucking keiji Inafune, humans like you are beyond my greatness and mental processing speed...It's gonna be Ninja Theory!"

Inafune's subordinate:"But....they only made one action game...it wasn't critically acclaimed....it didn't sold well....,shouldn't we look into other possi-"

Inafune:"What I just told you?! HUH!? Get the fuck out of my face and begin the preparations!!"

Inafune's subordinate:"Yes, Mr. Inafune...."

*Inafune's subordinate leaves the office*

Inafune:"Yes...with this DMC is dead....and now....Double Helix for RE6 and, with that only my IP's will live in Capcom!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My final victory over Kamiya and Mikami!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

IrishNinja

Segata Sanshiro said:
Some of us have played Heavenly Sword.

which wasnt really a bad game, and in comparison, DMC hasnt done anything to stand out as a series in years...? not getting the HS hate, stumps nailed most of the issues (i didnt awfully mind the sixaxis scenes, but then not much was good with that tech in '07...)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Would be awful and hilarious if Capcom announced a bunch of new games and the only one not outsourced would be Lost Planet 3. :lol

WinFonda

"Chav" is often used to describe aggressive teenagers, of white working class background, who repeatedly engage in anti-social behaviour such as street drinking, drug abuse and rowdiness, or other forms of juvenile delinquency.
527px-Chav.svg.png

"We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc.

rupuue.jpg

Celsior

I am just thinking, DMC4 really sold best to the DMC fans and they hated it, now capcom has pissed off all the DMC fans, and the mainstream still will not give a shit about this game. This is going to be worse then LP2.

Suzzopher

I swear Inafune just spins a globe on his desk with his eyes close and stabs a knife into where the next IP will be whored out to.

Askia47

Gwanatu T said:
Although the jury is still out on this game, what is the deal with Capcom lately? What was the last game they actually developed, RE5?
Any of the Monster Hunter games, Lost Planet 2, Okamiden, Ghost Trick, a good few

Shaka

Fuck the fans. Bunch of whiny hyperbolic cry babies. The only shit thing about the design is the haircut...and maybe the jacket. And those who bring up Heavenly Sword, can a developer not learn from their mistakes and Improve?

Lain

rockman zx said:

I wouldn't have a problem with this, if he wasn't called Dante and the game wasn't Devil May Cry.
But as it stands, that's not Dante, and the game's screenshots look like shit. He even looks older to me in those shots than he does in that artwork.

This is disappointing on such a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom