• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC - Devil May Cry announced (Capcom X Ninja Theory) - [Update: Unreal Engine 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoukka said:
Theme-wise nothing is lost guys. There was nothing great in the DMC lore or characters. Every iteration introduced new shit sidekicks and I'd say Nero is a much worse design than Punk Dante.

Now financially I'm not sure if this was a good decision or not. We'll see, but I'm leaning towards positive vibes about this game. Just because trying new things is good.
That is REALLY not a good thing to say about a franchise but I have to agree. DMC can't really lose anything or get worse. I still think DmC 1 was the best and nothing else had been that interesting. DmC 4 was trying to reboot thing and make a new character, but it failed so we get another new character...BUT HE'S NOT NEW, IT's DANTE! except now he's young so he's even MORE crazy and wild.

Old Dante could care less, young Dante couldn't care less.

I am confused now :| DMC3 is my favorite technical smash em up game ever... but now Dante has gone twilight :|

Damn this has been one weird TGS

DMC by Ninja Theory
Suda51xMikamixYamaoka
Yakuza Mecha fantasy

It's like someone's fanfiction of TGS2010

Elios83

Terrible.
Hipster smoking Dante, slow action, 30fps, Infamous like world....JUST LOL.
Capcom RIP you and your western developers completely suck.

Mango Positive said:
I liked it.

Then again, I hated what little of DMC4 I played (my only experience).

This is the Dante you all loved, right?

Now THAT is emo as fuck. Purists piss me off for some reason. This game looks more fun to play than the other DMCs.
That's the one from DMC2. Most people hate him. And let me nip you in the bud... most people think the Dante from DMC3 looks ridiculous and Nero and Dante from DMC4 look ridiculous.

I'd say most of the freaking out, while manifesting in rage at the design, is coming from the grandpappy of the stylish action genre being farmed out to developers who aren't even fit to ride the shortbus to action-game-school.

Glad you thought that cinema looked fun to play though.

Shaka

Green Biker Dude said:
if you really think most of the fans of the old dmc are buying this, well, i got a bridge to sell you
I actually don't. Folks are entitled to their opinion but the hyperbole:lol Oh man. This why I don't take most hardcore gamers seriously. Personally I'll take a wait and see approach. If it's good it's good, if it's bad that's no hair off my back. The previous DMCs are still there and still great. Platinum Games is also there.

george_us

Well now.

I just can't understand the decision really. You had a great new protagonist in Nero, excellent new combat mechanics in Revving and the Devil Bringer...and yet Capcom's content to piss all that away to a developer who's proven they can't make a decent action game? Why? All they had to do with DMC5 is either nix Dante completely or relegate him to mentor status and give Nero more weapons and abilities. I just don't understand Capcom.

What the hell is wrong with you guys? The original Dante looked like anime bishi shit, at least this one looks somewhat like a human being. Good God gaf loves to hate on any change made.

Acosta

The trailer was pretty bad, the shooting was slooooow and the music made me cringe (to be fair, I use to dislike DMC music, so that's consistent). In any case, doesn't show much of how the combat is going to be, I hope is not as slow but I'm not hopeful.

I don't understand very well why they have outsourced this, what Capcom did with the DMC 4 team?

No_Style

Emo teen angst Dante doesn't fly with me either.

My favorite Dante was from DMC3. Why couldn't they go back to that? :/

LordAzrael said:
What the hell is wrong with you guys? The original Dante looked like anime bishi shit, at least this one looks somewhat like a human being. Good God gaf loves to hate on any change made.

Anime Dudes> Meth Addicts.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Yep, its Devil May Cry alright
means nothing till i see gameplay

I wouldn't expect too much. They are trying to appeal to a wider audience - the new look - with a game in a niche genre; it makes no sense. And I don't even want to think about what that means for the gameplay.

Requeim

Well that could have been a lot worse, i'm so happy this isn't called Devil May Cry 5

feels more like an alternative take one the dmc universe

I never really got into this series, I only played about 5 hours of DMC4, I'm not a big fan of action games like this really.

So as someone who isn't into the series, I have to say this looks pretty cool to me. I can understand why fans of the series don't like it, but as a newcomer i'd definitely be interested in playing this, it looks cool to me.

farnham

Banned
dslgunstar said:
I'd say the new design will probably help sales more in Japan than in the west. They love emo, girly boys over there.

That was part of what made Dante so refreshing. He was just unequivocally 'macho', in that rock star kind of way. Completely self-absorbed, totally aloof, and of course, completely badass once the **** hit the fan.

I want an HD collection for the first 3 DMC games. Hell, **** it, just give me a complete remake of the original game (still the best IMO).
the series sales was pretty much contained to a small group of DMC fans (still like 500k though i believe.) and they dont like the fact that its getting a dev change and they dont like the new character from what ive seeen.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Looks fun. I hope there are a lot of different enemy designs (like DMC1) and that they pose a proper challenge (like DMC1) and aren't just fodder to fill time between boss fights (like DMC3).

YuriLowell said:
No one liked dmc2, or dmc2 dante. DMC1 dante was the best followed closely by DMC4 dante.
Dante looks the best in DMC2. A real shame that they never used that design again. :/

LordAzrael said:
this one looks like a lesbian

Mango Positive said:
images

Now THAT is emo as fuck.

What kind of emo is a party guy who always goes "WHOO HOO HOO" while riding rockets?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaaaaaand there goes Devil May Cry off to my shitter-list this generation. Just like the Silent Hill franchise.

Too bad. But I guess since me, Tiduz and Dahbomb were the only ones who liked DMC4, GAF will probably like this shit fest of a game.

Ninja Theory is the worst company this generation. Can't wait for them to ruin another game with shitty gameplay, shitty framerate and shitty developing.

vg260

No_Style said:
Emo teen angst Dante doesn't fly with me either.

My favorite Dante was from DMC3. Why couldn't they go back to that? :/

Because that's what everyone wanted (i.e. they have no clue)

Shaka

Segata Sanshiro said:
That's the one from DMC2. Most people hate him. And let me nip you in the bud... most people think the Dante from DMC3 looks ridiculous and Nero and Dante from DMC4 look ridiculous.

I'd say most of the freaking out, while manifesting in rage at the design, is coming from the grandpappy of the stylish action genre being farmed out to developers who aren't even fit to ride the shortbus to action-game-school.

Glad you thought that cinema looked fun to play though.
I don't know, didn't people say that about DR2? It could be shit, it could be good either way it's too early to tell. I also get you're not too fond of NT but devs can and do Improve. See GG and other dev I can't recall right now. =P

Well, the new character design is abysmal but it looks like it could be fun to play. I won't write it off but I'm not exactly enthralled by the new direction.

Yoshichan said:
Too bad. But I guess since me, Tiduz and Dahbomb were the only ones who liked DMC4, GAF will probably like this shit fest of a game.

Nah, I liked DMC4 too. Maybe it wasn't as good as DMC3 but I enjoyed it.

ArjanN

I just watched the Asura's Wrath trailer and that looks 10 times more like Devil May Cry than this. Seriously.

News Bot said:
The Devil May Cry anime is still the best thing to come out of the series.

DMC 1 and 3 were great games, and 4 was good.

The DMC anime was incredibly average.

Looks fine to me. I don't have a problem with the character design. If the combat is fun, I don't really care what the protagonist looks like. I'm sure they'll throw in an old dante skin as a pre order bonus or something.

Corto

This TGS will be in the books. And this move from Capcom and all the reactions that it ignited are just the perfect setup for a future serving of crow of epic proportions. It needs to happen... It will happen.

Shaka said:
I don't know, didn't people say that about DR2? It could be shit, it could be good either way it's too early to tell. I also get you're not too fond of NT but devs can and do Improve. See GG and other dev I can't recall right now. =P
Who are GG? If it's who I think it is, you aren't going to convince me all that much with that example.

Look, you could list every example of a mediocre developer overcoming and making a good game, and I could find ten more examples for each of a mediocre developer making another mediocre game.

farnham

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Aaaaaaaaand there goes Devil May Cry off to my shitter-list this generation. Just like the Silent Hill franchise.

Ninja Theory is the worst company this generation. Can't wait for them to ruin another game with shitty gameplay, shitty framerate and shitty developing.
silent hill ? shattered memories was pretty good and the new one looks promising.

Segata Sanshiro said:
You don't have to be an expert to see the poor sales of Western developers' games in Japan, especially kusoge developers like Ninja Theory.
now now. they are not kusoge territory.

Corto said:
This TGS will be in the books. And this move from Capcom and all the reactions that it ignited are just the perfect setup for a future serving of crow of epic proportions. It needs to happen... It will happen.

It wont. It will come out and be the most mediocre action game since Heavenly Sword.

Shaka

Corto said:
BELIEVE

Corto said:

I hope so. My money is on NT and Capcom. This will be a good game.

Corto said:
sure it will

believe in the heart of the cards, ninja theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom