• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC - Devil May Cry announced (Capcom X Ninja Theory) - [Update: Unreal Engine 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogogow

Nirolak said:
Given that Front Mission Evolved just opened with half the opening week of Front Mission 5, I think it's possible that they could still sell 200-300k in Japan.
DMC4 sold 365k (PS3&360 combined) in Japan not 600k as some are thinking. This DMC Reboot could've sold more seeing how PS3 SW is doing much better nowadays.

Capcom is crazy though. DMC4 broke all kinds of records:
- 2.7 million is the highest selling game in the DMC franchise. That's an improvement of 1.4m over DMC3 and more than doubled the sales of DMC3.

- DMC4 sold better than part 3 in Japan (where most PS3 sequels during that time sells less than the PS2 ones and most games still are).

- Its the 9th best selling game in Capcoms history. DMC3 is at no.33.

Good luck with that Capcom x NT :lol

gogogow said:
DMC4 sold 365k in Japan (PS3&360 combined). This DMC Reboot could've sold more seeing how PS3 SW is doing much better nowadays.

Capcom is crazy though. DMC4 broke all kinds of records:
- 2.7 million is the highest selling game in the DMC franchise. That's an improvement of 1.4m over DMC3 and more than doubled the sales of DMC3.

- DMC4 sold better than part 3 in Japan (where most PS3 sequels during that time sells less than the PS2 ones and most games still are).

- Its the 9th best selling game in Capcoms history. DMC is at no.33.

Good luck with that Capcom x NT :lol
Yikes, why did I think it sold 600k? Brain spasm there. You're not counting the Best Hits/Platinum Hits releases, btw. Those add another 32k to the total in Japan. Allllmost but not quite 400k.

Dahbomb

DMC is an international seller, always has been. It sells decently well in all regions which is why it gets to break 2 million in EVERY iteration.

DMC4 sold the most because A) A lot of hype going for it after the success of DMC3 B) Center of the multiplatform controversy meant that it made a lot of headlines C) It was the first next-gen DMC for its time.

The new DmC has none of those going for it and it has some baggage from DMC4. There is no way it's going to be touching those 3 million sales figures. 5 million is a pipe dream.

Been reading this thread silently in disgust since the DmC announcment. I agree with everyone who's against this debacle that's why I made a Facebook page against Capcom/NT's reboot.

It probably won't make much of a difference but I'm hoping to get millions of DMC fans to join and express their discontent.

P.S. If you're for the DmC reboot then stay away pleaseandthakyou.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
5 Million ?

Wii and DS versions confirmed!

Haunted

Segata Sanshiro said:
Yeah, I don't think there's a chance of it going under a million. They'll lose Japan, which is about 600k of that 2.7 million. But I honestly don't expect it to sell terribly worse in the other regions provided it's not a disaster.
Why will they lose Japan? Because of the Western developer? Or because they're seeing a western aesthetic in the Dante redesign?

(I'm basically fishing for any and all Japanese fan reactions.)

VALKYRAY said:
oh, ok. :lol

MechaX

trejo said:
Heavenly Sword was Sony's fault.

Enslaved was Namco's fault.

DmC is Capcom's fault.

the Ninja Theory and Obsidian Defense Forces should get together and hang out sometime. Looks like they'd hit it off.

Unless NT had a habit of pushing release schedules and/or shipping out games in extremely buggy/unfinished states, the two companies are not really comparable. Specifically, outside of KOTOR 2, I think everything that happened to Obsidian was their fault.

Yeah, NT might not be the best of developers, but Capcom's definitely not helping things with this Namco-esque impossible prediction.

bdouble

DihcarEM said:
Unless Capcom change a few things(Dante's design, get rid of that ugly motherfucker) and get more hands-on(combat) and supervise Ninja Theory more.
It's not like they are close to finishing the game.
How do you know they aren't already very hands on with this? Hell read the other thread title. Capcom wanted the change for Dante. From what I've heard Capcom is very hands on with these things. See Dead Rising 2.

Fimbulvetr said:
Well excuse me for thinking the crust is too bland to eat last.
If you were an intelligent human being you would just not eat the crust. If you were a bit smarter than that then you would get a pizza that doesn't even have that crust in the first place.

mr_nothin

Banned
Lostconfused said:
If you were an intelligent human being you would just not eat the crust. If you were a bit smarter than that then you would get a pizza that doesn't even have that crust in the first place.
If YOU were a bit smarter, you'd eat the crust + non crust parts together (delicious!)
:p

Lostconfused said:

Or I'm hungry and would rather have a whole pizza.

Haunted said:
Why will they lose Japan? Because of the Western developer? Or because they're seeing a western aesthetic in the Dante redesign?

(I'm basically fishing for any and all Japanese fan reactions.)
Yo-ge, kuso-ge. The attitude is slowly changing, but it's unfortunately still widely held that Western games are shit. The sad thing is that even if it's good, they may not give it a chance.

Who knows, though. Modern Warfare 2 and GTA4 both did alright (albeit less than 10% of what they did in North America), so if the game totally kicks ass and gets massive Western buzz, it might be alright. More than likely it'll end up somewhere between the 50k cap most Western games hit and 150k just out of pure curiosity.

and if you guys were really smart, you'd roll each piece up into a pizza roll if you're barbaric enough to not eat thin crust.

Haunted

Segata Sanshiro said:
Yo-ge, kuso-ge. The attitude is slowly changing, but it's unfortunately still widely held that Western games are shit. The sad thing is that even if it's good, they may not give it a chance.
Still? Really?

:(

I mean, Wada's recent interview said as much, but I think I just didn't believe it on some level.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hey guys, remember Brave Fencer Musashi? Remember how SE ruined that by "updating" him into someone cool?

Canova

Banned
Haunted said:
Still? Really?

:(

I mean, Wada's recent interview said as much, but I think I just didn't believe it on some level.

Common sense

Japanese/Asian gamers are into action, RPG, fighting games which Japanese developers are very good at. They are not into FPS, TPS which Western developers excel in

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
canova said:
Common sense

Japanese/Asian gamers are into action, RPG, fighting games which Japanese developers are very good at. They are not into FPS, TPS which Western developers excel in

for now western developers excel in this genre also. you've meant jrpgs I think.

tino

Banned
hi guy. Maybe DmC bombing horribly is what it takes to bring down Inanfune. Maybe we have to sacrifice Dante in order to get Inanfunre fired before he hand Resident Evil to Epic or some other shittier western developer.

*insert eagle sheing a tear image*

tino said:
hi guy. Maybe DmC bombing horribly is what it takes to bring down Inanfune. Maybe we have to sacrifice Dante in order to get Inanfunre fired before he hand Resident Evil to Epic or some other shittier western developer.

Are you really saying Epic Games is worse than Ninja Theory? :/

Dragon

Banned
tino said:

Resident Evil to Epic? :lol :lol :lol

Sheva!!! Sheva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tino said:

What a bizarre post

Heezzi

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
You know, it's easy to make fun of people when it's a series you don't care about, but imagine a series you love and are waiting for the next installment on is suddenly handed over to a mediocre developer and the first image you see from the game is the main character completely redesigned. How would you feel?

Same way I felt when I saw that Max Payne 3 featured a bald character from GTA and not dark.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Heezzi said:
Same way I felt when I saw that Max Payne 3 featured a bald character from GTA and not dark.

that means you felt good? because I definitely felt good after I'd learned that they got rid off overused cliched theme and looks.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
subversus said:
that means you felt good? because I definitely felt good after I'd learned that they got rid off overused cliched theme and looks.
you guys.

mr_nothin

Banned
Gravijah said:
Who the fuck is insulting crust on pizza in here? That's like the best part.
Yep, crust is awesome unless it's from Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is tooooo damn greasy. I'm ready to throw up when I finish their pizza.

Novella

Banned
"Heaven and Hell suppose two distinct species of man, the good and the bad.

But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue."

-- David Hume

Now here's a video game about Adam Lambert fighting demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom