• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC: Devil May Cry - Demo Thread [Demo out now on XBL & PSN]

Dahbomb

DMC4 Dante isn't even Dante anymore. He's a parody of himself.

I'll never forgive Capcom for turning Vergil into weeaboo-bait >:-(

I want my badass demon knight back.
ROFL your posts are becoming a parody of themselves.

You can still use Nelo Angelo in DMC3 and the Vergil design is what he's supposed to look like ie he uses Yamato and is Dante's evil brother. Basically the only thing differentiate old Vergil and new Vergil (and DMC1 Vergil) is hairstyle.

Majukun

To be fair, I was one of the guys saying "new Dante is bad" when DMC3 came out. To me, DMC1 is still the best in the series in every respect except boss battles and I've been disappointed in Dante every game since. DmC has me more excited than any of the previous sequels.

well i agree.
in fact,dante as never been a single character...in all his incarnations has always been a slightly different character.the first dante is different in dmc2,the young dante is different than the previous 2,and in 4 i think they kinda misses the point of him,with all the musical stuff and such,it's like the 4th dante never grown up,while we've seen him already matured in the first dmc.

but all of these dante were still better than this...as i said,they missed the point of dante as a character,even if you are talking about the semi-serious dante of the first 2 games,or the silly campy dante of dmc 3 and 4,it's still bad,and it's still not dante

ROFL your posts are becoming a parody of themselves.

You can still use Nelo Angelo in DMC3 and the Vergil design is what he's supposed to look like ie he uses Yamato and is Dante's evil brother. Basically the only thing differentiate old Vergil and new Vergil (and DMC1 Vergil) is hairstyle.
This is Yamato?

user109269_pic9564_12jjst3.jpg

dan2026

With regards to the boos should I always use the Angel dodge (that phases you)?
Any other way I seem to take damage.

Gbraga

So is anyone experimenting with enemy step in the demo or are people just mashing buttons against the easy enemies?

Talk about DMCs dialogue is boring. You either like it or you don't.

I still don't know if you can enemy step Poison :(

But I think you can't :(

Maddness

I love the demo. I think the new Dante has a lot of charm as a character. I wouldn't mind having the old Dante's looks back, but this new one will fit in this universe just fine I think.

The demo played well and I always enjoy Ninja Theory's cut scenes and writing. Made a "must buy" impression on me.

Dahbomb

[ITA]Wolfgang;44556739 said:
I have also seen a "cool parry" in other footage so I guess there are two levels depending on timing.
I think if you parry a boss its Epic parry but if you parry a regular enemy its cool parry.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
[ITA]Wolfgang;44556739 said:
I have also seen a "cool parry" in other footage so I guess there are two levels depending on timing.

I see. I edited my previous post but no one will see it so:

As suggested by another poster, the parry is just a normal attack performed at just the right time. It's not a unique command. In case anyone was wondering.

Found one more, some guy trying to get sss just by parrying and button mashing. He doesn't seem to like the game too much though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEvZJdkHn24&feature=plcp

Two things about that:

1. I can't hear what the hell they're saying; this 'demons' screams make it difficult to hear anything, even during that one grab animation/cutscene (his dialog and Dante's overlap)

2. The Boss HP is bad. From white to yellow to white again. I hope they fix this in the final game.

TreIII

To be fair, I was one of the guys saying "new Dante is bad" when DMC3 came out. To me, DMC1 is still the best in the series in every respect except boss battles and I've been disappointed in Dante every game since. DmC has me more excited than any of the previous sequels.

This much I will agree with. I never really cared for "Dante the Ninja Turtle" in DMC3. As far as I'm concerned, the last time we got to see Dante was in VJ1-PS2.

That said, the same reason I don't like DMC3 Dante is the same reason I don't like his DmC variant. They both come off as focus group-tested and trying to cater to what a mass market thinks as "cool", when what I loved about Kamiya's Dante (and later on, Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta, as well), was that they were based on what Kamiya thought was "cool".

Let's not forget that Vergil in DMC3 uses some of the attacks from Nelo Angelo in DMC. I thought it was a cool thing and made the character more cohesive...

Majukun

to parry you need to attack at the same time as the enemy'
i've made it a couple of times,but didn't get why

vg260

They did not sound like they were written as a DevinatART fanfic that's for sure. You really find it surprising that some people wouldn't like this overly serious dialogue?

I don't want social commentary in DMC. When I rent this, I bet I'll enjoy the gameplay but despise the story and dialogue.

Dabanton

Cool demo certainly got my interest.

I like this Dante he is self aware but not 100% parody he has a nice 'swagger' about him in his delivery as well. Not quite sure why that's upset some folks.

jett

D-Member
Lucifer fucking sucks. DMC4 Dante fucking sucks.

Cool demo certainly got my interest.

I like this Dante he is self aware but not 100% parody he has a nice 'swagger' about him in his delivery as well. Not quite sure why that's upset some folks.

Seems some people see him as some sort of gonnagolistentolinkinpark emokid that cuts himself. The only explanation I have is that those people are legally blind and mostly deaf.

dan2026

Two things about that:

1. I can't hear what the hell they're saying; this 'demons' screams make it difficult to hear anything, even during that one grab animation/cutscene (his dialog and Dante's overlap)

The sound is perfect in game. I heard every fuck clearly.

Dahbomb

This talk about previous DMC games is BORING!!!

Give me some new shit please. This wait at work is fucking killing me.

Lucifer fucking sucks. DMC4 Dante fucking sucks.

Seems some people see him as some sort of gonnagolistentolinkinpark emokid that cuts himself. The only explanation I have is that those people are legally blind and mostly deaf.

Yea man legally blind, how can people think that?

I'm taking Dante exactly how NT portrays him through there Vid Docs, character art, demos and interviews. It is, to me, an unappealing character. The character art of Dante screaming and inserting his finger into a stab wound is proof of this - that's not a self parody.

EDIT: image I'm referencing. This is the image of new Dante that I don't care for.

9e35c0a8fcf34805bf7d34916cceba6a2607a162.jpg

Future job as Ninja Theory damage control?

Capcom Euro could use your help already

I expressed pretty clearly why Dante doesn't resonate with me. But I am legally blind? Mostly deaf? Sorry you're right, I clearly didn't hear the last image I posted correctly.

I'm taking Dante exactly how NT portrays him through there Vid Docs, character art, demos and interviews. It is, to me, an unappealing character. The character art of Dante screaming and inserting his finger into a stab wound is proof of this - that's not a self parody.

EDIT: image I'm referencing. This is the image of new Dante that I don't care for.

9e35c0a8fcf34805bf7d34916cceba6a2607a162.jpg

bieber dante

Top Bottom