• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC: Devil May Cry - Demo Thread [Demo out now on XBL & PSN]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
thank you very much.

I couldn't find a single negative thing that he said about the game in this review. Here's a summary (note that I'm translating this so the English might be off):

- Lots of fun variation in the level design. Dante swings between platforms, avoids incoming trains and explores vertical sewers

- The multiple stage transformations throughout the game is well integrated in the story that is being told

- Ninja Theory is taking a more serious approach than Capcom in the story-department

- The controls in DmC isn't as good as in the previous DMC-games - it's much better

- DMC-veterans will feel "home"

- Basically all the changes has been for the better good; combining Devil May Cry's deep, sophisticated action with the modern action-adventure stage-design

9/10

- The controls in DmC isn't as good as in the previous DMC-games - it's much better

- Basically all the changes has been for the better good; combining Devil May Cry's deep, sophisticated action with the modern action-adventure stage-design

Haha, how much cash did Capcom shell out for this review? Story is subjective and the level design does seem pretty great, but better controls than old DMC? EVERY change being for the better? Hell no.

ezekial45

Banned
I couldn't find a single negative thing that he said about the game in this review. Here's a summary (note that I'm translating this so the English might be off):

- Lots of fun variation in the level design. Dante swings between platforms, avoids incoming trains and explores vertical sewers

- The multiple stage transformations throughout the game is well integrated in the story that is being told

- Ninja Theory is taking a more serious approach than Capcom in the story-department

9/10

Very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing other reviews too.

Thanks for writing it out for us.

Dahbomb

I have already played the demo to know that their comment about the controls is horseshit. But then again I am not surprised reviewers love their auto lock on combat and simplified controls.

Will make review thread in a bit.

Review thread is up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I actually cringed while reading the review and putting the summary on here... but whatever.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

9/10
As much as I liked the demo and am looking forward to this, I disagree with several of these points already.

ezekial45

Banned
I disagree with some part of it as well, but then I remember how differently people responded to the demo. One thing we saw from this thread was the series means something different for people. There's a variety of different opinions about the series, past and present. If that's what he felt, then that's fine. I don't agree with all of it, though.

Anyway, there's more coming this week I'm sure. The review copies went out a week before Christmas, so we should be seeing more soon.

luka

Loves Robotech S1

9/10

ugh. such nauseating bullshit.

Top Bottom