• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4 Famitsu scans - I said WOW

C- Warrior said:
*Dead Rising number of enemies at 60 frames per second? I said wow*

*Blades are back from DMC1, booo -- I hated those ****ers, except they had the most kickass intro cutscene ever*

*Graphics blow LP and DP the **** away, but thats probably because the team is more talented, and the engine is more updated. Plus, DMC's art design seems to be a lot better than LP's snowy and industrial locales, DMC4's just seems more organic.

*That castle in the background makes Castlevania'a castle it's bitch.*

wtf?

HOw is that posssible?

JB1981 said:
by the time the ps3 version hits, i'm sure it'll have "rumble" and it's own brand of achievements (trophies).

dont forget a DMC theme room in Home and maybe clothing for your person in Home based on what Nero and Dante wear, and maybe even a DMC level in LBP.

raYne

Jonnyram said:
Yeah, it's hard to get excited about this now that it's not PS3 exclusive any more
16x16smileysadgi9.gif

icecream said:
I can't explain it, it's just how I feel.
Indifferent2.gif
:lol!

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
C- Warrior said:
*Dead Rising number of enemies at 60 frames per second? I said wow*

*Blades are back from DMC1, booo -- I hated those ****ers, except they had the most kickass intro cutscene ever*

*Graphics blow LP and DP the **** away, but thats probably because the team is more talented, and the engine is more updated. Plus, DMC's art design seems to be a lot better than LP's snowy and industrial locales, DMC4's just seems more organic.

*That castle in the background makes Castlevania'a castle it's bitch.*

Have you ever even played the Fulll version of LP on a decent HDTV? I find it hard to believe if you think these graphics "blow" it away. IMO gears followed closly by LP are the best looking 360 games. I see NOTHING here that "blows" LP away, not even close.

KTallguy

Banned
tinfoilhatman said:
Have you ever even played the Fulll version of LP on a decent HDTV? I find it hard to believe if you think these graphics "blow" it away. IMO gears followed closly by LP are the best looking 360 games. I see NOTHING here that "blows" LP away, not even close.

Just wait.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
the picture of Dante and Nero(top left, first page) makes my penis hard enough to crush diamond walls!! :eek:~

Norse

after watching that video at gametrailers, that looks to play alot like ninja gaiden....if its that hard I will have to skip it as NG kicked my ars.

Norse said:
after watching that video at gametrailers, that looks to play alot like ninja gaiden....if its that hard I will have to skip it as NG kicked my ars.

DMC3 can be both harder and easier than NG:B.

Reason being is that DMC3 is much more customizable and "rpg" focused -- allowing a more level up system.

So, if you can't beat the game the proper way, (i.e, with skills) =p, you could always level grind a bit and stock up on items and proceed onward. (WoW) style.

I was actually just being sarcastic at the dead rising numbers at 60 fps. Although there does seem to be one screenshot that has an ass-load of enemies.

The framework engine is great, we know it can do numbers (dead rising) and we know it can do detail (lost planet) coupled that with the DMC4 dev. team talent and it's art design and I think by release DMC4 will make LP's look like it's little bitch.

The Jason

DMC4 blows away lost planet graphically because of it's art direction, art direction has always been a strength for the series, the architecture and environments have always been superb.

Norse said:

just play DMC special edition on easy mode the first time through, it's really not too hard, or play DMC1 on easy the first time through.

keanerie

tinfoilhatman said:

But does LP run at 300 FPS?

I don't think so.

Jonnyram said:
Yeah, it's hard to get excited about this now that it's not PS3 exclusive any more
16x16smileysadgi9.gif

Pretty much. Well, it was already using the framework engine, so it wasn't like I expected much from it. It's ok, and I'll probably wait for the game to drop in price or I'll try to get it used.

TemplaerDude said:
... yes.... terrible shame isn't it that more people get to play what may be an awesome game.... terrible... terrible...

I don't give a flying **** about 360 owners, so yeah, it's a shame.

Logan Cano said:
Pretty much. Well, it was already using the framework engine, so it wasn't like I expected much from it. It's ok, and I'll probably wait for the game to drop in price or I'll try to get it used.

Honestly, Capcom's framework engine is built on a multi-platform spec from the ground up. It uses the PC as it's base, the 360 and PS3 versions are both essentially ports at some level. Anyone complaining about a 360 version is silly as the engine wasn't fully targeting PS3 to begin with. Not that it doesn't look great in it's own right, but it changes nothing in it's development. People should have seen this port coming a mile away.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Honestly, Capcom's framework engine is built on a multi-platform spec from the ground up. It uses the PC as it's base, the 360 and PS3 versions are both essentially ports at some level. Anyone complaining about a 360 version is silly as the engine wasn't fully targeting PS3 to begin with. Not that it doesn't look great in it's own right, but it changes nothing in it's development. People should have seen this port coming a mile away.

Yeah, so the 'true' version is actually the PC version, see my PC thread.

O_O

Ceb

Brobzoid said:
the picture of Dante and Nero(top left, first page) makes my penis hard enough to crush diamond walls!! :eek:~

I think that's a render. If not, nice improvement.

Zenith

Banned
Logan Cano said:
I don't give a flying **** about 360 owners, so yeah, it's a shame.

If you don't care then why is it a shame? unless you do care and are just an extremely bitter fanboy, but that doesn't come across in your posts at all...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Ceb said:

I didn't really think it was the in-game engine, if it is that's even more astounding. The Dante design seems really awesome and building on DMC2's design, which is pretty good in it's own right.

Ceb said:

I think that's part of a cutscene, and those run at 30 fps, not 60 so it seems they can get a little more juice for the cutscenes which is running off the real-time engine.

Look at the pic with dante walking towards the screen inside the castle/church etc.

C- Warrior said:
I think that's part of a cutscene, and those run at 30 fps, not 60 so it seems they can get a little more juice for the cutscenes which is running off the real-time engine.

Look at the pic with dante walking towards the screen inside the castle/church etc.

Cutscenes are really at 30? I more or less expected that, as they did seem to look a good bit better than gameplay, but it's nice to hear confirmation. Don't really care one way or the other, but it's interesting that they took that road as I don't recall previous DMC games doing that.

USD

DMC4 better keep DMC3:SE's turbo mode, or just ramp up the game speed altogether. The gameplay in the trailer looks to be at a good speed, but in the other gameplay videos released around the same time looks like to be about original DMC3 speed (read:slow), so I don't know which one to believe.

Also, Nero is left-handed. Nero>Dante by default.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
First time I've seen some different environments for this - all the media up until now seemed to be purely of that European-lookin' area with the church scene and nastyfireymon boss.

I canny wait. Gives me the butterflies knowing that I have a PS3 ready for this now :D

Oh btw, any word on localisation/disc content? It'll be interesting to see if Capcom do what they usually do for action games, or go all out with the extra disc space...

hukasmokincaterpillar said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. The engine is meant to whore a game to every single platform imaginable, that's why I didn't expect much from this game, even before the multi-platform announcement.

Zenith said:
If you don't care then why is it a shame? unless you do care and are just an extremely bitter fanboy, but that doesn't come across in your posts at all...

Not bitter, but now I'm waiting for a bargain bin to get this game instead of buying it new. Anyway, can we please stop the whole stupid Mother Theresa act regarding exclusives?? If Xbots really did care SOOOO much about PS3 owners, why don't they toss our way Halo 3, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Forza 2 and Lost Odyssey??

Hagi23

veinkman said:
:lol It's great it's on 360 now. More people can play it. And why would anything get cut? Oh my it will be so funny when this game come out and yet again it looks sharper and better on the 360. Not saying it will happen. I bet they will look identical but there are some people still living in the dellusional world where the PS3 isgraphicaly superior or where BR really is needed for games.
Uncharted, R&C:Future and Heavenly Sword all say hi. :)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
*Has anybody said that these pics might have been better to release BEFORE the multi-platform announcement?*

'cause that's what I'm thinking.

m0dus said:
sadly, their greeting was drowned-out by the clatter of Gears of War, Mass Effect, Viva Pinata, and Lost Planet ;-)

What I'm seeing here certainly looks good, but it doesn't "kill" LP graphically, imo. Lost Planet has so much filtering/postprocessing going on (dear god, the explosions), in addition to the crazy level of geometry and lighting, that it's going to be a tough act to follow. This running at 60 fps will certainly give it a run for its money in its own way (considering both games use a vastly different art-style, color pallet, and scope), though, I suspect, sacrifices will have to be made to maintain that framerate. but even after checking out the vids, I think it's way too premature to start making declarations.

I won't rule out the possibility, however :)
:lol :lol :lol

m0dus said:
Are you dense? :)

Do you dare me to post Viva Pinata pics in a DMC thread?

(Regardless of the nature of the game, you would have to be blind not to see how impressive the graphics are.) ;)
Have 800/1000 Gamerpoints sir nevertheless :lol :lol :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
m0dus said:
Are you dense? :)

Do you dare me to post Viva Pinata pics in a DMC thread?

(Regardless of the nature of the game, you would have to be blind not to see how impressive the graphics are.) ;)

And you would have to be something else to think that they (or anything other than Mass Effect) drown out Heavenly Sword, DMC4, Ratchet and especially Uncharted. :)

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I just hope they implement continues. I don't want to have to start a level over again (a la DMC3) if I make a silly mistake.

Other than that, can't wait!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
m0dus said:
Well, having actually played Gears, Crackdown, and LP respectively, there is THAT.

Don't take facetious quips as being honest debate, however ;-)

I played them too, but, I'll follow your advice :)

Top Bottom