• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4: PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Comparison Vid

RavenFox

Banned
FFChris said:
Yes, and yes. 21 minutes for no load times? I dunno, sounds pretty good really.
*sigh* I guess. I remember when I got Wing Commander for PC back in the day. So I shouldn't be complaining lol

Bebpo

Banned
C- Warrior said:
Hey, Christian Svenson over at the Capcom USA forums clarified some things (capcom-unity.com)

1) The install time for the PS3 is exactly just shy of 21 minutes. And yes, there is a recap of the DMC games with cutscenes and text. So it's not just a review build thing.

2) THERE IS NO Xbox 360 HDD install, however -- the game does cache data. So the load times are (naturally) faster than without it.

If caching on the 360 is faster than a PS3 HDD install when it comes to loading, well...I don't know. But it's been confirmed that DMC4 does utilize the 360 HDD, it just doesn't do a full install but people have said that MS won't let devs do that regardless.

Also, there is some new footage that shows Nero's Devil Trigger in motion.

There seems to be 6 difficulty settings. Mission select is obviously back, and you're ranked on mission clear time, stylish rank, and orbs attained.

It seems they eliminated requirements on ranking dependent on items used or not.

PS: He also (once again) mentioned that this time around, DMC4 PC will be done by the same internal team doing the console versions. It will not be outsourced like DMC3, RE4, Onimusha were.

Hey, have they said anything about how they're going to handle the JPN -> US difficulty changes like DMC3/Oni4 since it's just one global disc with language options for each country?

Draft

Epic install.

Can you imagine the PC version actually being the definitive one? I mean obviously you'll need some hefty hardware but just imagine!

If they don't half ass it and actually let you modify the game and, oh, I dunno, change the button configurations and stuff...

Tiduz

Eurogaime
C- Warrior said:
Hey, Christian Svenson over at the Capcom USA forums clarified some things (capcom-unity.com)

1) The install time for the PS3 is exactly just shy of 21 minutes. And yes, there is a recap of the DMC games with cutscenes and text. So it's not just a review build thing.

2) THERE IS NO Xbox 360 HDD install, however -- the game does cache data. So the load times are (naturally) faster than without it.

If caching on the 360 is faster than a PS3 HDD install when it comes to loading, well...I don't know. But it's been confirmed that DMC4 does utilize the 360 HDD, it just doesn't do a full install but people have said that MS won't let devs do that regardless.

Also, there is some new footage that shows Nero's Devil Trigger in motion.

There seems to be 6 difficulty settings. Mission select is obviously back, and you're ranked on mission clear time, stylish rank, and orbs attained.

It seems they eliminated requirements on ranking dependent on items used or not.

PS: He also (once again) mentioned that this time around, DMC4 PC will be done by the same internal team doing the console versions. It will not be outsourced like DMC3, RE4, Onimusha were.

Where could one find said video? :p

VALKYRAY said:
i don't see no difference

Then you're not looking hard enough. If you take the video and lay it out frame by frame you'll see that in frame #7534 there's a brown pixel on the 360 side that isn't there on the PS3 side. That right there is a tangible difference but watch teh bias media refuse to report it because of all the monies they are getting. It's quite clear there's a massive conspiracy of epic proportions at play here.

Through the looking glass people!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
FFChris said:
Yes, and yes. 21 minutes for no load times? I dunno, sounds pretty good really.
It sounds good until you have to start deleting and reinstalling games to make room on the hard drive. Then it sounds horrifying.

YYZ

SapientWolf said:
It sounds good until you have to start deleting and reinstalling games to make room on the hard drive. Then it sounds horrifying.
man, who doesn't have room on their PS3? Custom HDD FTW.

Dahbomb

Rapidshare link here

Some notes:

*Nero's DT is able to perform Buster on enemies 3 times in a row!
*Nero's DT can launch Phantom/Summoned Swords when [] is pressed. When [] is held down up to 4 swords are released at once.
*Neros DT can charge the Blue Rose up to a second level as well.

Dahbomb said:
Rapidshare link here

Some notes:

*Nero's DT can launch Phantom/Summoned Swords when [] is pressed. When [] is held down up to 4 swords are released at once.
In before someone claims it still isn't Vergil.
I wish Nero would refuse to use guns when DTed though :lol

Oh, and what's Buster?

Dahbomb said:
Rapidshare link here

Some notes:

LOL, so totally NOT Vergil! Haha.

Many thanks for the mirror, Dahbomb. I dunno why mediafire never works for me, but it never does, so thanks.

Zzoram

YYZ said:

I'm pretty sure most people don't buy a new harddrive for their PS3, or even know that they can. That plus laptop harddrives are still relatively expensive for high capacity ones.

How many games so far install to PS3, and how big are the installs? Would the 40gb model get cramped by installs quickly or is it good enough, because that's the one I'll be getting eventually.

MCD

YYZ said:

question:

can i move DRM locked saves (NGS i think) from one HDD to another? and will it still work on my profile?

and sorry for going off topic.

arne

The thing is, I bought/like consoles because I don't have to sit there and wait for something to install. Once or not once. Load time bedamned. That's 21 minutes I could be playing instead of slowly losing motivation to play over the same course of time. Some people are going to invariably think this is some PS3 troll coming from me but it's not.

Devs: leave installing out of my consoles plz (unless it's an MMO for obvious reasons).

Barnolde

Banned
arne said:
The thing is, I bought/like consoles because I don't have to sit there and wait for something to install. Once or not once. Load time bedamned. That's 21 minutes I could be playing instead of slowly losing motivation to play over the same course of time. Some people are going to invariably think this is some PS3 troll coming from me but it's not.

Devs: leave installing out of my consoles plz (unless it's an MMO for obvious reasons).
Uh, it's optional.

arne said:

Say WHAT?

arne

Barnolde said:
Uh, it's optional.

I know, so is every title with a PS3 HDD install (I think yes?). It doesn't matter. I'm of a strong and probably non-popular opinion here in that regard, so I said it and that's that.

spoon!

arne said:
I know, so is every title with a PS3 HDD install (I think yes?). It doesn't matter. I'm of a strong and probably non-popular opinion here in that regard, so I said it and that's that.
......Ok @_@

wolforce

arne said:

OMG!

Barnolde

Banned
arne said:
So you hate choice? No wonder why you don't work for MS anymore.

MCD

Well, installing via HDD might make developers lazy to optimize their shit before release. (like patching)

i prefer cache system myself, small files that are automatically installed and deleted after not playing the game for a while. (NGB on the 360)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Barnolde said:
Uh, it's optional.
This is what could happen if you don't install the game:

Friend1- Hey, do you want to play DMC4?
Friend2- Sure!
Friend1- Don't you think I should install it first?
Friend2- No, don't worry about it!
Friend1- Okay the game is loading.
Friend2- *dies of old age*
Friend1- NOOOOOOOO!

Barnolde

Banned
SapientWolf said:
This is what could happen if you don't install the game:

Friend1- Hey, do you want to play DMC4?
Friend2- Sure!
Friend1- Don't you think I should install it first?
Friend2- No, don't worry about it!
Friend1- Okay the game is loading.
Friend2- *dies of old age*
Friend1- NOOOOOOOO!
smilingBobAchievement.png

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Stealth said:
He said, because it installed for 45 minutes to the hard drive, that it had zero load times, unlike the 360 build.

the irony is, i bet if you added up all the loading screens you see in the 360 version, they wouldn't add up to 45 mins :lol

arne said:

Then the Xbox 360 version (caching FTW) is all yours!

For those asking about the PS3 install -- Ninja Gaiden Sigma did this as well. Why don't you guys create parallels? How much room did that take? How long did that take etc. etc., should be roughly analagous.

To me, a one time install for 20 minutes to get rid of load times to near instantaneous levels (as Shane and the footage puts it/shows) is a clear winner for me.

Go take a shit while you're reading the game manual while it's installing FTW!!!

The 360 version caches, so that means what it means.

Seriously guys, it's just 20 minutes.

Shpeshal Ed said:
the irony is, i bet if you added up all the loading screens you see in the 360 version, they wouldn't add up to 45 mins :lol

It's not 45 minutes, it's 20 minutes.

It's been confirmed by the guys at Capcom USA, and also from a preview that fires editors for reviewing games that we don't speak of.

wolforce said:
:lol

Arne, we still love you! I haven't installed any games on my PS3. I keep them on the disc and that's that. Of course you are right about size though. I have a 60GB and only 27GB left so I'll be buying a larger drive in the future.

I man if it's 50GB on a disc...x_x It's a nice feature to have though and I think for games like Warhawk(I don't know if it has this option or not) it would work nicely.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
C- Warrior said:
It's not 45 minutes, it's 20 minutes.

It's been confirmed by the guys at Capcom USA, and also from a preview that fires editors for reviewing games that we don't speak of.

I stopped on page 1.

I'll get the 360 version regardless because I'm an achievement whore. But it's good to see both versions are pretty much identical.

Yoboman

arne said:

You bought consoles so you didn't have to install?

Really?

You're going to lose all motivation due to an installation?

Really?

spoon! said:
No way. A different version of the same game has gotta fit on a DVD9 remember :p
:lol LMFAO! Totally forgot about the 360 DVD's...Well I don't think there's been a true "50GB game" for the PS3 yet, even exclusives I can't think of any. It's a lot of space :)

Yoboman said:
You bought consoles so you didn't have to install?

Really?

You're going to lose all motivation due to an installation?

Really?

lol.

DMC4 achievement list

Secret achievements are probably 'conquering' moments related to plot. Others, though secret -- are kind of obvious. Like where it says Dante skill tree -- which likely means max out and acquire all of Dante's moves and stats.

Borys

Banned
:lol @ console gamers being shocked by 21 minutes installation time.

Dudes, I told you the PC-zation of consoles is a BAD, BAD thing.

Bugs, broken-ass multiplayer, varying framerate that depends on resolution (480p vs 720p) and now fucking installation times.

I pop any of my PS2/ GCN game to my consoles and it just WORKS. No patches, no resolution changing, no installation.

If you think this gen is bad with PC-zation then you won't like the next one.

spoon!

Borys said:

Bugs, broken-ass multiplayer, varying framerate that depends on resolution (480p vs 720p) and now fucking installation times.

I pop any of my PS2/ GCN game to my consoles and it just WORKS. No patches, no resolution changing, no installation.

BIG COMFY COUCH

...wait what?

Borys said:

Well, call me in the few but I think this "PC-zation" you think of is a good thing. Having the option to install something to make relatively quick load times even faster? Sure, I don't care.

Also, if you're not watching the story recap, I know 99% of you are just going to be posting on GAF during the 20 minute install like you've been doing for thousands of hours anyway. :lol

p3tran

Banned
Borys said:

why borris? you think next-gen consoles will have a first generation slow optical drive again?

Gattsu25

Banned
arne said:
Fanboys, never change.

klee123

PS3 version for me then. Never really have problems with space on my 60GB HDD (got 35 gigs left) so I'll take a seamless experience anyday. Like how one said before, I can read the manual before I play!

C- Warrior said:
lol.

DMC4 achievement list

Secret achievements are probably 'conquering' moments related to plot. Others, though secret -- are kind of obvious. Like where it says Dante skill tree -- which likely means max out and acquire all of Dante's moves and stats.

I love the achievements for human mode, go go capcom.

Also agree that batch 21 minute install is much better because you know you can take a nap or watch some tv in that time. Small but fragmented interruptions are just a waste of time.

ThirdEye

arne said:

I prefer 5 DVDs

antiloop

I rather leave my PS3 installing the game for 21 minutes while I am away eating or something else than to have a lot longer loading times ingame.

Just what I prefer.

Top Bottom