• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4: PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Comparison Vid

Banned
So if the install is taking 21 minutes, just how much data is it actually putting onto the drive?

How many games like DMC4 will you actually be able to put onto a 40 gig machine before you run out of space and have to start uninstalling/re-installing games before you can play?

sinnergy

andrewfee said:
So if the install is taking 21 minutes, just how much data is it actually putting onto the drive?

How many games like DMC4 will you actually be able to put onto a 40 gig machine before you run out of space and have to start uninstalling/re-installing games before you can play?

Well having just reinstalled Ridge Racer 7 today, which also took about 20 mins. Which installed 5 GIG's, I would say around 4 - 5 GIG's for DMC also.

Come on GAF, the only question that matters HERE is what version will sell better.

The graphics discussion has been decided. Look at the handle.

On to sales...I say the 360 version will sell more because PS3 owners are stupid...what say you?

Nemesis_

It really does look like I'll be getting the PS3 version, simply because it will offer faster load times as well as the familiarity that I associated with the controller.

I might double dip for the Achievements, but as of yet, no deal =p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
antiloop said:
I rather leave my PS3 installing the game for 21 minutes while I am away eating or something else than to have a lot longer loading times ingame.

Just what I prefer.

Same here. Load times always break up the action and longer load times is sometimes frustrating.

I do hope someone times all the additional loading on the 360 and adds it up to see if it comes in at more than 20 minutes! Only then can we REALLY know which is best!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gregor7777 said:
Come on GAF, the only question that matters HERE is what version will sell better.

The graphics discussion has been decided. Look at the handle.

On to sales...I say the 360 version will sell more because PS3 owners are stupid...what say you?

Worldwide: 360 because the installed base is bigger.
Japan: PS3 because the installed base is bigger.

neojubei

TTP said:
Worldwide: 360 because the installed base is bigger.
Japan: PS3 because the installed base is bigger.

Spain, France, Germany and Italy will probably buy the ps3 version. :D

Elios83

Francias Castiglione said:
I do hope someone times all the additional loading on the 360 and adds it up to see if it comes in at more than 20 minutes! Only then can we REALLY know which is best!

:lol
LOL are you really trying to compare annoying loadings during gameplay everytime you change room with a installation process you do once before playing the game?
And what if a replay the game twice or more times? The 20 minutes stay 20 while the in-game loadings you have to stand during actual gameplay double or triple :lol
Of course that's just to say that yours is the worst damage control I've read in weeks ^^''

Elios83 said:
LOL are you really trying to compare annoying loadings during gameplay everytime you change room with a installation process you do once before playing the game?
And what if a replay the game twice or more times? The 20 minutes stay 20 while the in-game loadings you have to stand during actual gameplay double or triple :lol
Of course that's just to say that yours is the worst damage control I've read in weeks ^^''

I can understand why you would believe I meant that, having seen some of the nutters on here, but I can assure you it was sarcasm.

neojubei

Hopefully the game sells well in Japan, especially with those awesome Japanese PS3 bundles. I am so jealous I want one.

I wonder if Sony will advertise for DMC4 like they did with Assassin's creed.

Mamesj

Banned
so basically... no one here has ever installed anything large on a PC and was expecting the game to miraculously transfer in 10 seconds? ahhhh, consoles. giving people all the headaches of pc gaming, without the customization pay-off :lol

Doc Evils said:
the whole graphics Vs thing failed, so needed a new topic for flame warz.

LOL, right on the money. I thought I was clear in my post.

Mamesj said:
so basically... no one here has ever installed anything large on a PC and was expecting the game to miraculously transfer in 10 seconds? ahhhh, consoles. giving people all the headaches of pc gaming, without the customization pay-off :lol

Actually, long load times are much more of a headache in my book. But I'm a PC guy. I guess it's what you're used too.

I'm with the PS3 on this one, I'd rather install and have short load times.

jax (old)

Banned
grabbed the latest trailer on ps3 today - the graphics were so many shades of disappointing. who knows how it'd look in person but I was underwhelmed.

McDragon said:
NGS took about the same time, and IIRC it was about 3 gigs.

Thank you. Finally somebody creates parallels with something that has already done this.

It's not like DMC4 is the first game to do this. Stop acting so awe-struck/dumbfounded by the process.

Jax said:
grabbed the latest trailer on ps3 today - the graphics were so many shades of disappointing. who knows how it'd look in person but I was underwhelmed.

I'm just going to assume you have your PS3 plugged in with composite cables, or you never changed the PS3's display settings to 720p / 1080i.

Because if not, wow -- thats a first. Previews and impressions of DMC4 have it stand toe to toe to any exclusive at 60 fps to boot.

Borys

Banned
C- Warrior said:
Also, if you're not watching the story recap, I know 99% of you are just going to be posting on GAF during the 20 minute install like you've been doing for thousands of hours anyway. :lol

So true :lol

They will bitch about some shitty GameTrailers comparison in the meantime.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Francias Castiglione said:

That only makes sense if you are fcking retarded. You don't sit and watch a install, you hit the button and do something else. Try that with in game load times, you watch them all, over and over...

ypo

I'm sure the install is optional. So if you want X360 level of load time just choose not to install but for those who likes load time free gaming, install away!!

Jirotrom

DeadGzuz said:
That only makes sense if you are fcking retarded. You don't sit and watch a install, you hit the button and do something else. Try that with in game load times, you watch them all, over and over...
there is a vid during the install that I would watch...just saying...

neojubei

C- Warrior said:
Thank you. Finally somebody creates parallels with something that has already done this.

It's not like DMC4 is the first game to do this. Stop acting so awe-struck/dumbfounded by the process.

Hate to tell you but the people who are complaining are more than likely will buy the 360 version.

C- Warrior said:

Thats what pretty all the trolls do.

They "play dumb" even though they really do understand.

Jirotrom

neojubei said:
Hate to tell you but the people who are complaining are more than likely will buy the 360 version.
I actually don't get that... I'm getting the 360 version, the game looks good on both systems. Would the install be great, damn right it would but its not going to kill it for me.

-viper-

Banned
Seriously what is this 1080p hype about?

I'd prefer texture detail, lighting, effects, framerate etc. OVER resolution.

C- Warrior said:
I'm just going to assume you have your PS3 plugged in with composite cables, or you never changed the PS3's display settings to 720p / 1080i.

Because if not, wow -- thats a first. Previews and impressions of DMC4 have it stand toe to toe to any exclusive at 60 fps to boot.

it looks good, but it definitely isnt the best looking game on the console...even if you compare it to HS, DMC 4 as an action game has the edge with 60 fps no doubt...graphically it doesnt look as impressive...its actually closer than expected, but HS has better lighting, more models on screen, and especially much better looking environments

Still, Im not disappointed anymore with the visuals, I think it looks good

neojubei said:

That's fine. The game loads quick anyway.

For all the 100's of previews written for DMC4 since it was playable a year + ago, nobody has complained about the loading.

The PS3 install just makes relatively fast load times even faster. So it's not like getting the 360 version is shooting yourself in the foot.

Pistolero

Elios83 said:

:lol GAF never fails to amuse !

Pistolero

WHOAguitarninja said:
Some people don't.

Some developers proved that it is possible to have the best of both worlds : High resolution and great textures/framerate. Of course, some are more talented and richer than others... :D

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I for one am getting it on ps3, preference of controller plus its the only console at home that is 100% owned by me. So capcom, make dmc5 a ps3 game as well, or i will go CT
(Clown Trigger)
on your ass. You wouldnt want that now do you?
It involves balloons offcourse

Pistolero said:
Some developers proved that it is possible to have the best of both worlds : High resolution and great textures/framerate. Of course, some are more talented and richer than others... :D

IMO Capgod is one of the most talented developers out there.

Mamesj

Banned
Pistolero said:

Team Ninja? 1080p, 60fps, at the cost of heavy tearing iirc.

gregor7777 said:
Actually, long load times are much more of a headache in my book. But I'm a PC guy. I guess it's what you're used too.

I'm with the PS3 on this one, I'd rather install and have short load times.

I agree with you there. but those who don't install because 21 minutes is just too much to spare will probably turn around and bitch about the load times too :lol

Icarus

This thread makes me believe yet again, that if a developer put a $10 bill into every game box, that many at GAF would bitch it wasn't a $20.

The game looks freaking phenomenal on both platforms.

MCD

Mamesj said:
Team Ninja? 1080p, 60fps, at the cost of heavy tearing iirc.

NGS isn't 1080p (if that what you mean)

it's 980x1080 i think

and the visuals aren't really great to cost tearing/framedrops, more like shitty optimization.

Mamesj

Banned
McDragon said:
NGS isn't 1080p (if that what you mean)

it's 980x1080 i think

and the visuals aren't really great to cost tearing/framedrops, more like shitty optimization.

sorry, it says 1080p on the box. I'm not a jaggy-counter :p

Pistolero said:

There are always tradeoffs. Where we prefer those tradeoffs to be is individual preference. Just because developer is able to do X in game Y, doesn't mean that it can be done in some other game on some other engine. If there were a one size fits all engine out there, there wouldn't be the need to developers to go through the expensive process of building and refining their own.

Top Bottom