• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do not buy Batman: Arkham Origins ultimate bundle for PS3 (story inside) help needed

HAve you tried redownloading the season pass?

Go into ACCNT MANAGEMENT > Download list, or maybe services, and see what's there?

Have you also tried deleting the game data and reinstalling?

Edit: Nevermind. Seems it's a thing

Not that? That is a statement, not an exaggeration.
He is making a bigger deal of an issue than it needs to be. The topic could have been Batman Arkham Origin Ultimate bundle issue, not the current title because it implies something bigger than it really is.

So you don't understand what hyperbole is.
So should stick with making Dick jokes.

If it doesn't work, then it's not hyperbole.
The "Do not buy" part is.

BibiMaghoo

He is making a bigger deal of an issue than it needs to be. The topic could have been Batman Arkham Origin Ultimate bundle issue, not the current title because it implies something bigger than it really is.

That really depends on how you read it:

1) "Do not buy this bundle. It has issues"

2) "OMG this game sucks and shouldn't be sold because I cannot play my DLC"

That really depends on how you read it:

1) "Do not buy this bundle. It has issues"

2) "OMG this game sucks and shouldn't be sold because I cannot play my DLC"

I meant for number 1 here and was asking for help here after sony and Wb couldnt help. Thinking a gaf member could.

so talking to the representitive again while asking for a refund on their product that doesnt work and is falsely advertised, they gave me this response

I do want to advise you that According to the PlayStation Network User Agreement all sales made on the PlayStation Network are final. However, I will submit your request for review so that our Network Team can look at your specific situation. Please note, I cannot guarantee a refund will be processed.

welp... here is to hoping.

Percy

Banned
Hmmm... DLC is downloaded and not being recognised by the game? Sounds like what happens when the game isn't from the same region as the DLC to me... but it's hard to imagine how that could possibly have happened here (Unless someone on the PS Store staff was fucking incompetent enough to put the wrong data in the bundle, which I could honestly believe they'd be capable of doing), so me saying that is probably pretty useless to you... sorry.

Does the season pass show under your licenses/services in your account settings?

BibiMaghoo

so talking to the representitive again while asking for a refund on their product that doesnt work and is falsely advertised, they gave me this response

Yeah, don't settle for that. For a purchase to be final, they have to actually provide the goods you paid for.

Tangeroo

Pretty standard response. As far as I know, Sony follows the Spider-Man rule.

ngbbs4fc6d890ecfce.jpg

So should stick with making Dick jokes.

The "Do not buy" part is.

Awesome comeback. I'll stick to making Dick jokes, you stick to being ignorant as to what hyperbole is.

So sony emailed me back just 10 minutes ago. I got my refund back.

Also, I am aware that the game is on sale again this week, the ULTIMATE BUNDLE. Just avoid it if you care. The issue still persists.

stn

Nobody should buy Batman Origins. The game has a bug that corrupts your save, can happen any time. WB chose to release DLC instead of patching the game.

Back on topic: OP - call Sony. Be persistent and calm, you'll get through this. Good luck.

Yeah, but even if you buy the dlc alone without the bundle it will do that?

honestly I would not know. Maybe? I heard of some individuals who bought the DLC while had the retail copy had it working. However, I heard that some who went digital with the game have the same issue as me.

Personally, I do not want to go through that again.

De_Legend

Banned
honestly I would not know. Maybe? I heard of some individuals who bought the DLC while had the retail copy had it working. However, I heard that some who went digital with the game have the same issue as me.

Personally, I do not want to go through that again.

That's understandable.

I tought about getting the mr freeze dlc or whatever but I might hold off then..

chill. I would check even the web store. Load up Arkham Origins store page and see what else comes up as "Free". Sometimes buying the season pass just makes the content become free to download.

This is exactly how it worked for me. I bought Arkham Origins at launch along with the Season Pass. As new content like Initiation and Cold, Cold Heart were released, I could access them by going to the Arkham Origins game page in the PSN store and then going to the Add-Ons. All the Add Ons were listed as downloadable at no charge.

This seems to be an issue where the store is not recognizing that you have the Season Pass installed/activated. I would try deleting all non-save data for the game, and reinstalling it along with the Season Pass.

Edit: Never mind I see you just got Sony to issue a refund, rendering the issue moot.

Top Bottom