• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you let your dog/cat sleep in your bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stet

Banned
Yeah our dog usually sleeps on our bed.

He's really fucking good at sleeping. Never wakes me up either.

Sometimes I wake up and my cat is so still I think he's dead, so I shake him and he just lies there and I freak out because I'm in that period of half-sleep where my brain is irrational and finally I yell his name and he looks up really slowly like he's offended.

Feels good man.

FairyD

I don't have any pets, but I wouldn't let them sleep in my bed. They would have their own place to sleep.

Diablos

well this is the scene I am usually faced with in the morning... yoshi (red) cuddles up to me on my left, then janosh (brown) gets between us because he wants lovin' from both sides. i left myself out of the pic because, well... morning hair

it's kind of annoying, but also OMG so cute

aww

For all you guys who let the pets sleep on your bed.... what happens during sexy time? You put them in the hall and shut the door?

Usually yes. One time it happened to be sexy time in the living room, on the floor, and when we were done I looked up and our cat was like 3 inches from our faces just staring. All we could do was laugh.

Septimius

Always worried id roll of them and hurt them when im asleep.

Currently dont have any pets but when i do/did I wont let them sleep with me.

Maybe a basket or bed in the same room.

You'll feel a bit tense the first nights you sleep with them in your bed, but you quickly learn to relax, even though you know they're there. It just becomes second nature, and you won't know the difference between a night you had the bed to yourself and one where a pet slept in your bed.

dyergram

My cat notmally wakes me up by Kissing my face he sleeps on the rug in the night. Normally after I make the bed he jumps on and has his post breakfast nap:
EE4F0A10-D3D9-4341-BA78-242C5F7502ED-3298-0000093C6B9110C5.jpg

RetroGreg

My cats sleep on my bed. It's weird if they don't now actually. They run in and jump on the bed when it is time to go to sleep. They get in such a routine.

Oppo

Sometimes I wake up and my cat is so still I think he's dead, so I shake him and he just lies there and I freak out because I'm in that period of half-sleep where my brain is irrational and finally I yell his name and he looks up really slowly like he's offended.

Feels good man.

That's funny. I can picture it. "don't you fuckin die on me cat!! Don't... Oh. Dick."

My dog sleeps in like a teenager. We get up and get ready for work, he doesn't get out of bed until he hears the food hit his bowl. Then he sauters down the stairs like some old retired dude.

Kyuur

My cat often 'bridges' between me and my girlfriend while we sleep. She also always manages to do this when we are in an uncomfortable position.

Soma

I'd let my pug sleep on my bed but the little dude snores sooooo damn loud. I can hear him from the kitchen where his bed is. Sometimes I'll let him chill in my room though.

And my other dog is just too big to fit comfortably on my bed lol.

.hacked

I'll let them lay in the bed while watching tv (my wife and I call it "puppy party") but at bed time they sleep on a their own bed.

Once and a while if my wife's out of town I'll let them stay in bed after I turn off the tv but by morning they are on the floor snoozing in their bed.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I don't have any pets yet, but I wouldn't let them sleep in the bed with me because of potential odor/shedding issues. I have no problem with them sleeping in my bedroom next to my bed though.

Zyzyxxz

Sometimes my dog won't sleep unless she's in my bed it use to be a every night occurence now its more like once a week at most.

When I lived at home our beagle would always sleep in my bed. The negative side is sometimes waking up with a dog ass next to your face. Whenever I am on a couch it will also come and charm it's way into sleeping half on top of me, even if it meant being on its back.

Often also just sit and look at me asking me to come join it

3nsxd.jpg

daw840

One of them does, the other is terrified to sleep in our room though and has a chair in the office next door. That's probably because one night he was sleeping under the bed and the entire bed broke and crashed to the floor. He somehow wasn't killed but he's never quite been the same mentally.....poor guy. I think he was lucky enough to be right in between the wooden planks of the box spring.

When I was a teenager I would have my dog lay next to me in my parent's bed when I was hungover and it was awesome. In my own bed though? Hell no. How do you guys not freak at all that dog hair all over your bed?

Red

My cats will sleep next to me or at the foot of my bed if i am alone. If my wife and I are both in bed, one cat sleeps on the dresser and the other on the floor at the end of the bed.

Zajora

My cats used to often sleep on my bed, but when they started getting older and vomiting more often, I sort of "trained" them not to sleep on my bed anymore.

It sounds sad now, but waking up to cat throw up in your bed is not pleasant. :(

If I go to bed, my cat will always follow me there. She likes to sleep all up next to me. While I think it's adorable, I wonder sometimes how many cat hairs I inhale while I'm sleeping.

Cloudy

Banned
Umm no. I think it's kind of gross if it's a dog cos they're outside so much

He's allowed on the couch when there's a blanket over it though :p

darknemus

We've got three cats. One sleeps at her feet (after making a point to climb up on both our chests every single night to 'say goodnight' to us (read: nuzzle) - our derpy cat sleeps on a blanket on my nightstand that's there for her and the other one (her sister) sleeps either on my girl's nightstand or on the floor next to the bed on her side. Our cats rock :)

Stasis

Yes, of course.

We wake up with some combination of our 3 cats in the bed every morning, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

On a related note LOL

I am fucking CRYING RIGHT NOW I CAN'T BREATHE..

http://youtu.be/w4luuBbMUeY

LOL just watch... I literally have tears coming down my cheek lol

I've just been struggling to breathe for about 10 minutes. I can't even begin to explain why I found that so funny. My girlfriend of five and a half years just told me she's never heard me laugh so much in all the time I've known her.

I currently have neither.

I'd probably allow a cat over a dog though. I dunno, they come across as cleaner plus there is the small/light nature of them ^_^

Yeah I let my dog sleep on my bed. Her crate is right next to my bed, she sleeps in there during the daytime or when she's scared of loud noises outside like when its thundering or the garbage trucks are outside or something.

Coins

Banned
I have a black lab that sleeps wherever he wants. He will move from his dog bed, to the couch, and to our bed.

Az987

all good things
I did when my dog was a puppy; 13 years ago.

I'd wake up and he'd be asleep on my pillow right above my head lol, little bastard.

He stinks too bad now and I've been having problems with my skin so I don't want him on my bed.

Vicehii

Neo Member
Yeah, we let our cat (actually our roommate's) sleep on the bed while we sleep as well. The only issue I find is that his 'spot' is always between my feet, on top of the covers. Gets hard to maneuver without angering him.
He actively tries to get under the covers during the winter too, which I sometimes allow. I'd rather the cat be happy, than freezing his ass off and crying all night.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. A cat. He sleeps in the upper left corner of the bed. Won't sleep anywhere else on it, so my head is basically in the right corner of the bed and he's curled up in the left corner. Doesn't do anything irritating, just curls up and goes to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom