• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you let your dog/cat sleep in your bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Nobody could leave this cute little thing sleeping on the floor. Nobody.

+1
i grew up with dobies & huskies, never did this. now i have a jack russell, and it always happens.

*edit heres my guy

mzwNO.jpg

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
How do you guys deal with your dog's/cat's hair all over the place? It gets on your clothes, furniture, carpeting--I just feel unclean whenever I stay at a house with a dog or cat for too long.

How do you guys deal with your dog's/cat's hair all over the place? It gets on your clothes, furniture, carpeting--I just feel unclean whenever I stay at a house with a dog or cat for too long.

dusting/vacuuming/changing the sheets every week

dog hair gets fucking everywhere. it somehow gets into everything, including inside my computer even through fan filters. its ridiculous. i don't really care too much about it though, if you clean up regularly its not a big deal

alphaNoid

Banned
Dog : Used to, but after having children I will not let that filthy beast (we bath her twice a week) anywhere near my sheets.

zoie3.jpg

BlueWord

Absolutely no way is a filthy animal slipping into my sheets.

I like things clean and neat. The biggest reason I don't own any pets, actually.

kaskade

I don't. Mostly because he'll get up and move causing me to wake up. If he would just curl up in the corner and sleep through the night I wouldn't care.

Jasconius

There's not a lot of space left on the bed with us in it, but my cat will always find somewhere on the bed to sleep. Even when we had two cats they would still find somewhere to sleep. I toss and turn a lot so when I think about it I'm amazed they would rather put up with it and just lie back down afterwards than just sleep on the couch or something.

Usually yes. One time it happened to be sexy time in the living room, on the floor, and when we were done I looked up and our cat was like 3 inches from our faces just staring. All we could do was laugh.

you were being judged on your performance, it's okay, our cat judges us too. she usually looks disgusted.

Hell no. My dog even cries until I close the door on his crate.

Do you people let your dog control walks too?

the walks are for the dog not for you.

lol this is some shit black folks can't relate too. Chappelle-worthy thread.

i'm not white and our cat sleeps with us although she usually prefers under the bed or the window with her little bed.

I hope the people who let their pets sleep in their bed are the ones having multiple showers a day...

Absolutely no way is a filthy animal slipping into my sheets.

I like things clean and neat. The biggest reason I don't own any pets, actually.

Yep.

I'll never understand pet owners letting their filthy dogs or cats into bed.

wow you two should get together and share notes on being judgmental jerks.

Anteater

Sometimes, they don't usually sleep there other than during the day when I'm around, but when I need to take a quick nap I would just sleep beside them.

Quick honest question to pet owners, picture the following scenario:

You take the dog out for a walk, dog poops & or pees. You walk the dog back home & start getting ready to sleep, do you wash the dog before it jumps on the bed with you? I mean it just took a shit, how does that work?

When she was a kitten I couldn't prevent it from happening. Now I miss those days ; (

But not really because cats wade through their toilets.

Dresden

My cat, yes.

usually wakes me up by nudging her face against mine or rubbing against my feet

then she'll start headbutting me if I don't get up

then she starts nibbling on my toes...

RagnarokX

It's like my cat's favorite thing in the world. If I stay up really late sometimes she'll get upset that I haven't gone to bed yet. She likes to curl up in my arms or lay on my chest.

Nope. Doesn't apply to me and my dog. My dog has his spot, and I've got mine.

"Hey, you're in my spot. Move over."

That's a common request of mine. The great thing is, it's become like an actual trained command. He knows how to stay on his side of the bed and he know what "get over" means.
This is my situation with a twist though.

Our dog sleeps in the hall next to our bedroom at night, and in the morning we let him in to snuggle for ~10 mins(on weekdays) or for hours (weekends). We don't really have a problem with him sleeping all night in our room, but we thought it we would be better to make it a habbit that he doesn't spend the entire night with us, so that if we get a child or something changes etc., it wouldn't be a hassle to not have him in the room.

pic
sleepingshikko.jpg

verbum

I do let my dog sleep in the bed. I have dog hair in my house and car. The other day I coughed up a hair ball.
Thank goodness for topical flea treatments, otherwise I'd be scratching all the time.
The women I date usually have a dog so we exchange dog hairs in intimate moments.

strobogo

Banned
I have no issue with a dog sleeping in the bed, I just can't sleep with anything/one in the bed with me. My mom's dogs making that licking your lips sound a lot at night and it drives me to a murderous rage when I'm trying to sleep. Every scratch, sigh, jolt wakes me up.

Almighty

If I am not using it then yes. My dog seems to spend most of his time on my bed now that he is getting old. He is too much of a bed hog so I do have to kick him off when it is time for me to sleep.

Rich!

My cat sleeps on me and my girlfriends bed every so often.

my cat is a housecat, and is very clean. Short haired too, so no worries whatsoever.

I have 2 cats. They're allowed to sleep on my bed, but only near my feet/legs. They don't do it all the time and it's usually just 1 of them (hierarchy thing going on I think). Usually I'm fine with it, and I like feeling the warmth. But sometimes when I feel a bit restless I feel uncomfortable with them sleeping on the bed so I'll just kindly remove them, then they will seek a sleeping place that is nearest.

My cats lounge on the bed all day long. But they can't be trusted while I sleep. "I love you! I'm in your face! I'm kneading on your belly! Let's play!" Maybe if they behaved I'd let them in at night.

I am surprised by the responses in this thread. I think it's disgusting! Animal hair everywhere? What happens when you have sex? Does dog and cat hair stick to wet cocks and vaginas and get pushed into orifices? It grosses me out just contemplating it.

YoungHav

Banned
Quick honest question to pet owners, picture the following scenario:

You take the dog out for a walk, dog poops & or pees. You walk the dog back home & start getting ready to sleep, do you wash the dog before it jumps on the bed with you? I mean it just took a shit, how does that work?
they don't wash them.

lol I am grossed out by this thread. Different strokes, my dog had a bed in her cage. Republican pet owners should be ashamed of themselves. They'll let an animal rub their dirty butthole all over their bed before they allow the government to take 2 cents out of their pocket to give a poor kid a meal.

Mumei

My dachshund slept in my bed for years, though now she got out of the habit and sleeps in her bed now.

My friend's dog slept in his crate until I moved in with them and liberated him from this terrible ordeal. He slept in my bed after that, curled in a little ball next to my pillow. So adorable.

I am surprised by the responses in this thread. I think it's disgusting! Animal hair everywhere? What happens when you have sex? Does dog and cat hair stick to wet cocks and vaginas and get pushed into orifices? It grosses me out just contemplating it.
Brush our cat frequently so she doesn't shed hairs everywhere, also she tends to either not be let into the room/leaves whenever sex begins.

I have no pets now, but when I lived with my parents we had a couple cats. I'd keep the door open for them during the day, but at night I'd kick them out and close the door because they had the habit of jumping up on my desk and knocking shit over (making noise and potentially breaking things). When I was recovering at home from injuries, one night I do the usual room check. No cats. Close the door. At 3am I wake up with a bunch of pain in my chest (I had multiple rib fractures). As I am coming to, I hear this loud purring sound and as I open my eyes I see one of the cats is about 3 inches from my face staring at me. Apparently she hid under my bed behind a box or something where I couldn't find her and then escaped at night :lol

edit: It was this one

4232434147_f73ae5097a.jpg

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The cats will both sleep with me and my wife. The dog, however, is a bullmastiff, and there's no way all three of us can be on there simultaneously with any sort of comfort unless he tries to sleep at our feet, and I'm a roller-kicker. So, he waits until I go to work in the morning and then climbs up onto my spot. My wife says he's a better cuddler than me.

Replicant

Hell NO. I don't want the cat's fur to be all over my room. Not to mention it'd be a nightmare if he needs to go to the kitty litter, which is outside the room. I close my bedroom so it'd mean I have to wake up to open the door, etc. Then there's the possible smell, leftover feces, etc. So yeah, NO.

Greecian-

On the rare occasions I let my dogs sleep on my bed, one of them sleeps by my right leg, and the other sleeps by my left leg. They're pretty small so it's not very bothersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom