• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you let your dog/cat sleep in your bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVOL 100%

I never had a pet, but I'd like to let them.

I'd be worried that I'd squish them in their sleep, especially if they're small though. That'd be pretty scary.

Cats are super clean. People calling them filthy have obviously never owned a cat.

Pretty much. The only time I've seen a cat messy is when they have an accident or bring a couple pellets out from the litter box. They sleep and clean themselves all day. They are really clean (you should still give them baths and brush them of course). For the really long haired cats we would always have the hair around their butts cut really short so nothing would get tangled up.

DiegoXJ

Both of mine kinda crash with me depending on the situation.

BTW these are Long Hair Chihuahua so they are like 5 and 7 lbs a piece. The girl usually likes to stay in her bed but will come up and hide under the covers if its chilly out. The boy likes to sleep on my legs. I am a light sleeper and do not move an inch while sleeping, so they are used to snuggling with me for safety as the Ex-Gf and lady friend since then have been more mobile in their sleep. However if I am having a restless night, or start moving about a lot they jump off and go to their respective crates/beds.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Our dog usually sleeps in the living room, but we let him sleep in the bed with us if fireworks / thunderstorm are going on, as they freak him out.

He does have access to the bed during the day while we're home, or out though.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Our cats won't even get into bed with us usually unless they have groomed themselves. Their routine is normally grooming --> sleeping.

About OP's question. I am not a light sleeper but I always feel my cat when I'm asleep with him, it actually wakes me up some enough to not roll onto him.
Or lay my feet on him. But not everyone is like me so good luck.
Cats do bite when squished my grandfather is proof of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom