• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think The Last of Us Part 3 will be announced this generation?

HighPoly

Banned
Hi guys!

I'm waiting for my Xbox Series X, cause I bought on Amazon, but let's talk about Playstation Studios...

Well, Do you think ND will make any Last of Us sequel?

Well, there are so many years between Joel's doughter death and the Ellie meeting... ND could make a spin off, with Joel...

What you expect from Last of Us franchise?

sorry about my poor english, I always speech without any translation app, cause I love to practice another language...

Last edited:
Yes. Next Question.
9Hei0Dv.jpg

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Hi guys!

I'm waiting for my Xbox Series X, cause I bought on Amazon, but let's talk about Playstation Studios...

Well, there are so many years between Joel's doughter death and the Ellie meeting... ND could make a spin off, with Joel...

sorry about my poor english, I always speech without any translation app, cause I love to practice another language...
Your English is fine.

Now - first forget about Joel. It's over.

As for the game, yes, I expect it around 2027.

It will be quite cringe though. I expect Drück will double down on all of the themes from the second game.

It will be stunning visually and gameplay wise.

Hopefully no intimate scenes. No thank you.

HawarMiran

Banned
would be a bummer if not. Only one game from ND this gen would be a huge disappointment.....

I should mention that I expect them to release a new IP/game before. If it only is TloU 3 this gen i will be fuming

Fredrik

From my perspective it’ll just be tragic to follow whatever struggles he had in a prequel story since it led to nothing and ended in the worst way. Would be more interesting with a new set of characters in a new part of the world with a new underlying story. It’s what they should’ve done with TLOU2 as well, the ending in 1 was already perfect.

Yeah for sure. A New IP and Part 3 will be announced.

I'd say they are aiming to release both this gen but tbh depending how long the new IP is then it may take longer.

I'll be absolutely delighted the day that game is announced.

Hi guys!

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

Do you have a PS5?
Why are you so concerned?

Hugare

After the 2nd season of the TV show, they'll have to announce/release something to keep the franchise on the people's mouths, so of course they will announce it

I believe they will divide the 2nd game in two seasons (I believe it was already confirmed, even), so they will hype the 3rd season with the 3rd game announcement

VulcanRaven

They are not going to make a Joel spin-off game. I think it will be set many years after Part 2. You play as Ellie but they will introduce a new second playable character.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The franchise should just die already.

Why?

Look, even if I disagree with people who disliked the direction the story went in for the second instalment. I'm completely at a loss as to why they'd find fault with the gameplay as it was a straight-up better version of the first game.

Watch some high-skill play examples of the combat, and tell me what's the problem with that. Its top quality stuff.

Bottom line is that between the Uncharted's and the TLOU's you can see with clarity what sort of game ND have skill and experience making, so even if its a new IP that's next for them, it's likely going to fundamentally similar mechanically because it'd be stupid to start over from scratch.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
They're in a dead sprint trying to complete it before the show catches up. Yes its coming. Soon. They can split TLOU2 into 2 years / seasons. So the game really needs to be close to complete in 2 years, and released in 3 at the latest. They are probably crunching their asses off.

Last edited:

Schmendrick

After the shitshow that was Part 2`s story....I hope not.
I hope ND will put their technological prowess to better use than continuing this cringy woke nonsense.

Last edited:

Pelta88

TLOU is PS' go to ip to leverage when heading into a new generation. But I expect the momentum it generates to be a greater than what we're used to. TLOU went and got itself an entirely new (TV) audience. Judging by their various reddits dedicated to the tv show... Which turned non gamers into gamers simply to experience TLOU in it's OG form... And because they couldn't wait for season 2...

I expect that level of momentum to be a different beast entirely.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
After the shitshow that was Part 2`s story....I hope not.
I hope ND will put their technological prowess to better use than continuing this cringy woke nonsense.

Meanwhile, its graphics/tech/animations, attention to detail and emergent gameplay are still top-notch/top of the class.

I'll never understand all this hatred, it's like the Druckman dude pissed on your loved one's grave or something 😁

It's fiction, the "twist" that happens at the 1hour mark is - IMO - justified due to Abby's history and also, it's more off-putting/unrealistic having Ellie, a 50Kg 17 year old manhandling all those soldiers compared to the built-like-a-tank character that is Abby.
Now, unless the "bigot sandwich ®" line and sex scene is what triggers people so much by drawing a line there and then...I don't know what to say.

Wanna talk about "woke" ? Look no further than the TV show but the game ain't "it".

Shmendrick, this isn't a dig towards you man, it's just that I keep reading about it frequently and I just don't get it.

Cheers

Last edited:

Alebrije

Yes , Will be a PS5's final year Game and a PS6 port , and two years later Will have a remaster.

Will be like Xbox Hellblade but instead of gods or imaginary beings Ellie will see Joel like if he were real, at a point of the Game she makes full transformation to men , he becomes Joel and starts a hunt for Abby.

Starring

440px-Elliot_Page_8126099_%28cropped%29.jpg

Last edited:
To me, it's so easy to give us the game that people will love. But will they do it.

Fuck Joel, they rammed him with a golf club so he's done, fuck Ellie she borderline tortured Abby at the end and lost her fingers, fuck Abby she killed Joel and is going back to the piece of shit fireflies.

Give me TOMMY. That's the only logical conclusion in my mind. Joel and Ellie (Part 1), Ellie and Abby (Part 2), Abby and Tommy (Part 3) - The End. You could even make it more depressing. Tommy kills Abby and in the final minutes of the game, Tommy locks himself in a room with like 10 different ways of committing suicide. lmao.

Last edited:

Schmendrick

Meanwhile, its graphics/tech/animations, attention to detail and emergent gameplay are still top-notch/top of the class.
So I´m praising their technological prowess and you reply with that...huh? what?
It's fiction, the "twist" that happens at the 1hour mark is - IMO - justified due to Abby's history
How exactly did you get to the conclusion that I was talking about the golf situation? Forgotten the whole pointless lev storyline already? Not that most of the interaction and decision making of the other protagonists wasn`t anything short of retarded either....worse writing than an indian soap opera.

.I don't know what to say.
Sums up my reaction to your reply. Sorry but you just assume stuff and reply with things that have nothing to do with what I wrote or meant. It just leaves me confused.

Last edited:
Top Bottom