• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does PS Vita exist / Lack of Vita games at E3

MrDaravon

Yeah, I was actually flabbergasted when the press conference ended. Disappointment at no megatons aside, the Vita came out a few months ago and was barely mentioned outside of a few things, most of which we already knew about. Holy shit this thing is dead.

The M.O.B

Bunch of spinoffs and ports..........reminds me of another Sony handheld....

At least demo one of the Vita games instead of "Waggle De Book"

M-PG71C

I expected a little bit more than what we got. Shame. :/

I think the platform will soon be replaced with "PlayStation Mobile". Give it just a bit. It's coming whether or not they want to admit it publicly.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Sony doesn't realize that CoD and AC games aren't something that will sell the system. They need unique IPs and a lot of system sellers. Didn't they talk about showing 25-30 game demos? I'm pretty sure they didn't show even half of that.

Flunkie

Banned
Seriously. The fuck? PSP had better fucking support than this bullshit. My #1 played game on Vita right now is a PSP version of a PS2 port. There's something wrong with that.

Effect

I'm amazed there was nothing regarding the Vita outside of the All Stars, Assassin's Creed and CoD announcements. That's not enough especially since there was nothing shown of CoD and All Stars success is very iffy. AC isn't going to do great in the wake of the console versions. Yikes. Sony doesn't have another conference planned do they? Another Heaven event?

Ponn

Banned
I really see a repeat of PSP with Vita. Atlus, JRPG's and niche quirky machine that can play PSP and PSone games on an awesome screen. If you are expecting anything past that I think you will be disappointed. Games like Assassins Creed and CoD will be surprise not the norm.

VanWinkle

I was thinking during the Last of Us demo that they'd be showing the Vita games afterwards, but the conference ended. We got a logo of a third-party game we heard was coming a year and a half ago, a trailer for a third-party game, and news that one of their PS3 games was coming to Vita.

What.

I said that I would wait to see what Sony showed at E3 before joining the people saying it was doomed.

Yeah, it's doomed. Why the fuck did they even release it?

Assassin's Creed spin-off that doesn't seem to have much back behind it.
Call of Duty exclusive with absolutely no show that it exists.
White PSP, force bundled into the AC title with no price drop.
Expanded option to be a touch controller for PS3 that literally no one will support.
Aaaand, Super Smash Bros: Sony Edition that will be most likely have the dominant version on PS3.

Yeah, Sony doesn't give a fuck.

theBishop

Banned
No Call of Duty footage is a major fail.

It's also annoying that they have the "cross-controller" idea, but only for one game which they already showed 6 months ago.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
From a SalesAge perspective, it isn't shocking to see the lack of 3rd party support.

But where is the first party stuff?

They're quietly edging away from it IMO. Keep throwing games and "portable exclusives" but if it doesnt catch on, no loss since PS3 is the main platform

Defuser

Seriously, what's the deal with Sony when it comes to showing off their handhelds? Every single E3 Sony always take a shit on their handhelds while giving love to ps3 and even the fricking Move.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Guys, I need you to calm down for a minute.
There's been good Vita announcements lately, my dudes.
Sound Shapes is looking pretty cool.
Jet Grind Radio is coming out.
You can even play Smash Brothers on it except with Jak and Daxter.
It'll be alright everyone, they might even release a new Suikoden on it eventually.

Top Bottom