• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does PS Vita exist / Lack of Vita games at E3

The shitty thing about the vita is I have to buy it to play P4:G, there better be some decent software on it or announced by then.

Keyouta

Seriously... I was looking forward to buying one as I expected many new announcements of games that I'd be able to play, but after this, I've changed my mind.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Sony seemed on the verge of abandoning the system.

In the past I criticised their strategy of porting PS3 games to Vita and vice versa, but now it appears that was a move out of desperation to bring anything to the system.

What happened to at least throwing up some montages? You say there are 40 vita games coming out through the rest of the year, how about you flash some of them on the screen instead of demoing 6 games for 95% of the show?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
PSV is the PSP2. Next E3 they'll be apologizing like they did with the PSP and release 4 games all year and call it quits. Fuck you Sony.

No price cuts. No new good games. No Last Guardian but 45 mins of a book, god of bore and uncharted zombie. Ughh what a waste.

Prophane33

This was the make or break conference for the Vita. This was where those of us who were on the fence were supposed to see all the games coming up. They were supposed to give us a sizzle reel of unseen and or early announced Vita games to convince us that they were behind the Vita, and third parties were backing them up. Nothing. I'm genuinely angry at Sony. I want to want the Vita. It's an amazing handheld. There are 3 games I want on it in existence or coming, THREE, only one of which was shown tonight; the other two are already out. So Vita sure isn't dead, but it's on life support, and I feel that Sony really lacks confidence in it, at least their showing tonight made it seem that way.

jrDev

Hmph...this thing is going to continue to die a slow and painful death...

I guess wait for TGS? *shrugs*

Erethian

Sony doesn't realize that CoD and AC games aren't something that will sell the system. They need unique IPs and a lot of system sellers. Didn't they talk about showing 25-30 game demos? I'm pretty sure they didn't show even half of that.

It would have been waaaaaay better if they'd at least had, y'know, a trailer for CoD. And a live gameplay demonstration for AC.

But they spent more time talking about Move than the Vita. Move!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm less worried about the 4 games they mentioned and the five minutes spent on it as I am about the sixty total games including digital the rest of the year.

60 games wouldn't be terrible if it was just retail, but depending on how you stretch that with digital it could be a very low number of titles.

My post from the other thread:

I'm going to wait until the show floor opens before I declare doom. For instance, how many Japanese developed games were shown the entirety of E3 so far? Resident Evil 6, and... um...?

In short, there are very likely unannounced games on the show floor, and we may get some awesome Vita games still.

Poor vita.
The thing is The CoD thing was like the Resident Evil for PSP or Saints Row for 3DS, it doesnt exist right now. It could be in development in the near future, but thats its why they didnt show anything.

RedSwirl

I think they're counting on COD to save it, but I'm not so sure after no more than a title at the briefing.

TGS might be its last hope at this point.

Edit: Yeah yeah all the Vita versions of PS3 games, but I still think the system is gonna need something original. All handhelds do.

Sullichin

black ops declassified is such a stupid oxymoron of a name.

can't believe they barely showed anything for vita. nothing i care about. come on.

TheMan

After this E3?No it's officially dead.

I really feel bad for the people that have bought this thing. :(

what a waste. such potential. remember how excited people were when it was announced? how sony seemed to be making all the right moves at first?

and now, what? sony virtually ignored the fledgling console and it's not even a year old.

Mitama

Nothing. They announced zero games. You think I am joking but Im not.

They announced a new color and two (?) new games. The new color comes bundled with one of those.

Noooo way :|. Honestly, I didn't expect this, like at all. Was really hoping for some decent games so I could get a Vita this summer but I definitely won't be getting one now. :/

With Nintendo holding an entire 3DS press conference, and Sony only showing three new games (one being a port) are you bailing out along with Sony?

I know I am.

Now that PSX game support has been announced, I really only look at the PSV as a PSP with enhanced functionality. The price may not make it worth while depending on how you use it, but that is more or less what you are getting. I personally like what it offers and missed out on enough of the PSP (and love the PSX catalog) that the few new game announcements are sufficient, but I would definitely be concerned about its future if my primary interested was in a unique next-gen portable experience.

I think Sony is in a bad way at the moment, and while they are obviously still focused on delivering diverse gaming experiences, they are taking a conservative approach to their offerings and cutting their loses where they can.

The fact that the Vita isn't compatible with the PS2, not to mention the PS1 library off the bat suggested that Sony lack any sort of vision for this device and just pumped it out to compete with Nintendo just because.

iammeiam

The Vita is currently choking to death on a gob of unchewed sandwich, and Sony failed to use the press conference to Heimlich it back to safety. They didn't even try. They didn't show anything for Vita that wasn't paired with a PS3 equivalent.

It's like the Vita is an embarrassing indiscretion they tried to mention as little as possible. Disappointing.

I want to want to buy a Vita, and they didn't even try to make me.

Top Bottom