• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Thrakier

Hmmm...it works in dolphin but it doesn't recognize my WM+ Adapter. Any way to get it to work?

EDIT:

My Wiimote is connected fine but it barely reacts to the button presses...or so it does at first and then it doesn't anymore. WTH?

EDIT:

I'm dieing here. It works for the first few seconds and then it doesn't recognize any button presses. What the hell is that? :(

EDIT:

It's just like this issue described here though it isn't fixed as it says there...

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=4185

EDIT:

Uhm... http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=19550

So seems like I'm not the only one with this problem. Any solution to that?

Red

I don't follow the thread because I don't want to mod my Wii. That was my issue. Telling you to read a giant thread to find out how to do what is presumably a step by step process not something that you do after a few weeks of study is silly. I don't want to fuck with homebrew shit on my Wii because my computer provides all my emulating needs, all I want to do is rip some games and play some Wii games. Fairly easy to provide a link straight to that or detail it in this thread without making people go on a vision quest to learn how to do it. Like a said, I looked at the first page and saw now such links but maybe I glanced over since he didn't even say what you should be looking for.

Anyways, I sent him a PM to ask the OP to clarify things a bit so hopefully it won't be an issue in future.
A simple google search would have shown you the only other way is buying a very specific kind of discontinued LG DVD drive. Installing usbloader on WII is by far the easiest method.

Thrakier

So I got it to work now and now it stopped working again...so it's definitly not my BT thing or the wiimote but something is weird here...no one had problems with a real wiimote so far? Redaing the off. forums there are tons of people with complaints but it seems like there is no fix to it!?

Tattooth

Is there a way to permanently have the Wiimote connected to Windows. I can pair it fine but every time I turn the Wiimote off, or it turns off by itself I then have to pair it again.

MoogPaul

Figured this would be a decent place to ask this question. Is there a Wii sensor bar that will allow for a greater distance than the normal stock one that comes with the system that will work with the system itself? Prefer non-wireless

Figured this would be a decent place to ask this question. Is there a Wii sensor bar that will allow for a greater distance than the normal stock one that comes with the system that will work with the system itself? Prefer non-wireless

Put two big ass candles ontop of your screen and plug some cables into them for show.

Red

Get two industrial floodlights and set them back 800 feet.

Yaska

So you guys think I am able to play even decently without sensor bar, or should I get wireless somewhere? (skyward sword that is). Gonna wanna rock my golden mote!

So you guys think I am able to play even decently without sensor bar, or should I get wireless somewhere? (skyward sword that is). Gonna wanna rock my golden mote!
You can play the intro ok without it, but when you have to start fighting monsters you'll really need the sensor bar.

Yaska

Guess I'll need to setup wii next to my pc then.

Atm I can't even get past the starting screen where it tells me to point the remote at the screen.

Tattooth

Has anyone got Rayman Origins working properly? The fps is fine but there is horrible input lag and the screen ever so slightly shakes up and down, which makes it almost impossible to look at.

Gwanatu T

There are no combination of settings that will get rid of those lines unless you set EFB to RAM but it slows the game down even way more. revision 7719 gets rid of those lines you are seeing in the graphics, I believe the cleaner graphics are worth the slight slowdown, but honestly I think the game runs fine for me and my system is not like others in this thread rocking i7 processors

I've got a Phenom 2 X4 955 at 3.6ghz and I run this just fine. Other games have a tougher time but this one is great.

So I got it to work now and now it stopped working again...so it's definitly not my BT thing or the wiimote but something is weird here...no one had problems with a real wiimote so far? Redaing the off. forums there are tons of people with complaints but it seems like there is no fix to it!?

I've got one official Nintendo Wiimote that screws up after about a minute of having it connected, the thing just goes crazy with the motor buzzing constantly and I cannot do anything other than pulling the batteries out. Not sure if that's just a 4th controller issue or not, haven't tested it outside of that.

Guys, I seem to have some sound problems with Wind Waker, it sometimes seems to stutter and bugs out.

What should I do? I played with the settings and I couldn't figure out what to do.

BTW my specs are:

CPU: Intel Quad core i7 960 @3.2 GHz
GPU: nVidia GTX 560
RAM :8 GB
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit.

Thrakier

I've got one official Nintendo Wiimote that screws up after about a minute of having it connected, the thing just goes crazy with the motor buzzing constantly and I cannot do anything other than pulling the batteries out. Not sure if that's just a 4th controller issue or not, haven't tested it outside of that.

Wait, that happened to me too. Are you sure it's official? Mine looks almost perfectly official. It worked, but only for brief moments or 1-2 restarts. I blamed it on not being genuinge and plan on getting a new one. However...if you say now that this behaviro is to be expected...

jediyoshi

Super Mario Galaxy

dolphin2011-11-2613-2sjeaa.jpg

dolphin2011-11-2614-0g9evn.jpg

dolphin2011-11-2614-2f7eay.jpg

I had no problem on the fifth boss in Skywards Sword, so long as we're talking about the one
at the end of the water temple, the bronze statue thing

so far so scarily smooth sailing playing it in Dolphin.

Medalion

Banned
I can emulate these Wii games at high details decently enough but when I want to record it with a recording program, man does this thing ever dip in FPS and speed, what a shame

spk

How do I get the wiimote with integrated motion+ working in Dolphin? It's detected and the controller is set to "use real wiimote" but I can't get past the calibration screen in the Zelda SS demo

jediyoshi

How do I get the wiimote with integrated motion+ working in Dolphin? It's detected and the controller is set to "use real wiimote" but I can't get past the calibration screen in the Zelda SS demo
The part where you lay it still on a surface? What happens?

Thaedolus

Gold Member

Is it the part where you lay it flat or the part where you point it at the center of the screen? Because if it's the point at the center of the screen part, it needs to pick up a sensor bar. I haven't had an issue with the golden wiimote, works exactly like the regular wiimote with the motion+ add on.

Calibration is the only part where you need the sensor bar, however.

Red

I can emulate these Wii games at high details decently enough but when I want to record it with a recording program, man does this thing ever dip in FPS and speed, what a shame

Are you recording to the same hard drive as you're playing from? I've had better results using a separate hard drive to save movies on. I get no dips when recording SS with FRAPS.

grkazan12

So is System Restore the only option to get the internal Bluetooth adapter on the P8P67 Pro to work. I've tried so hard to get it to recognize anything, but no dice. Desperate for any advice b/c it's pissing me off so much, so annoying.

jediyoshi

Nothing happens it just sits there. If I change it to hybrid it tells me the connection was interrupted and pressing A works, then it continues to sit there
Nothing happens as in the spinning Wiimote icon doesn't respond to movement or the calibration just doesn't complete from that point? Or are you stuck on needing to have the pointer be on the screen?

Tendo

Super Mario Galaxy

Are you able to run at a steady framerate without skips? Are you using LLE? What are your specs?

I've been trying for ages to get it to run smoothly on LLE but I still can't. 2500k and a 260 with 8 gigs of ram and it is so unstable. The music skips and when it does the game stutters.

Gwanatu T

Wait, that happened to me too. Are you sure it's official? Mine looks almost perfectly official. It worked, but only for brief moments or 1-2 restarts. I blamed it on not being genuinge and plan on getting a new one. However...if you say now that this behaviro is to be expected...

I bought all of mine brand new from a store, so they shouldn't be Chinese knockoffs or anything. I'll try it at some point as first player to see if that's the trick.

I had this issue with the final game at first, and it ended up being the battery being low. Man that crap caused all SORTS of issues! I've also had times where I startup Zelda and it doesn't recognize it, so I restart Dolphin and that usually fixes it.

Medalion

Banned
Are you able to run at a steady framerate without skips? Are you using LLE? What are your specs?

I've been trying for ages to get it to run smoothly on LLE but I still can't. 2500k and a 260 with 8 gigs of ram and it is so unstable. The music skips and when it does the game stutters.

I hear that

Vinlaen

Is it possible to play Super Mario Galaxy with only a 360 controller?

I'm guessing it's NOT possible because you need the Wiimote to point at the stars fragments (or whatever they are called) to pick them up...

Rufus

I'm guessing it's NOT possible because you need the Wiimote to point at the stars fragments (or whatever they are called) to pick them up...
You can configure the right stick to act as a pointer. As you might imagine, it's a less than ideal situation.

suikodan

Guess I'll need to setup wii next to my pc then.

Atm I can't even get past the starting screen where it tells me to point the remote at the screen.

I ordered a wireless sensor bar but the sucker sent me a wired one. I was prepared to play SS on Dolphin so I configured everything until I opened the package.

Since I didn't have what I wanted, I took two candles and placed them where I would put the sensor bar... and it worked! I could point the remote at the screen and start the game!

domlolz

Banned

A combination of mouse + 360 controller works fine, basically use the 360 as the nunchuk and the mouse as the wiimote

A combination of mouse + 360 controller works fine, basically use the 360 as the nunchuk and the mouse as the wiimote

How the hell does that work fine? You have to switch back and forth between the controller and mouse every time you need to pick up some star bits/use pull stars/etc.? I'd think you'd be better off just using mouse and keyboard for everything.

Revoh

How can I do this? I'm new to Dolphin, I spent the last couple hours setting everything up, now it finally recognizes my PS3 controller and everything is set up to play in HD. I want to map some buttons of the controller to the nunchuck and use my mouse as a Wiimote.

Revoh

Ok, I ended up configuring my DS3 as a wiimote and nunchuck, I can play SMG without any problem. I can't believe how well it runs on my PC:
- Core i5 2500k @ 4.0 Ghz
- HD6870 1GB
- 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz

I was having some fps drops, then I checked v-sync on and ran D3DOverrider (?) and now it runs at 60 FPS all the time.

Feels good, man.

domlolz

Banned
How can I do this? I'm new to Dolphin, I spent the last couple hours setting everything up, now it finally recognizes my PS3 controller and everything is set up to play in HD. I want to map some buttons of the controller to the nunchuck and use my mouse as a Wiimote.

I'm not sure if you still need this but here are the screenshots of my dolphin config

Wiimote:
I have A and B setup as my left/right mouse click(and my A and B buttons on the 360 controller still but I don't use that for Super Mario Galaxy), middle mouse button for the wiimote/nunchuk shake to activate the star points

UAKlg.png

Nunchuk
I've basically mimicked the nunchuk on half of the 360 controller
OaOb7.png

In conclusion: I really need a bluetooth adaptor

e:Oh yeah, I'd not messed about with Dolphin for a few months but messing about with it recently and I'm super impressed by the controller config, there are so many options.

Top Bottom