• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Neverfade

Do I need to specifically buy a wired controller or will a wireless controller with a play & charge cable do the trick?

Edit: For clarification I'm talking about a 360 controller.

Neverfade said:
Do I need to specifically buy a wired controller or will a wireless controller with a play & charge cable do the trick?

Edit: For clarification I'm talking about a 360 controller.
play and charge wont work, you;'ll need a true wired controller.

Platy

Or you can have one of these

On a related note.... the rumors about a black chopper apearing in your house and gunning it down because you played new super mario bros wii with a 360 controllers are false ... at least for now xD

Reallink

Anybody mind sharing their 360 controller config for DKC:Returns? The actual file or config file text, not just a description of the mappings. I always hate designing my own.

Nabs

my dkc360 config is crazy
dkc360mxih.jpg

I have Shake mapped to Y and Right Bumper
I have Down & Shake mapped to the B button (for blow)
Jump mapped to A and Left Bumper (for those levels where I want to roll forever)
X for Grab
D-Pad and Analog to handle movement

i don't really feel like uploading it

Reallink

Nabs said:
my dkc360 config is crazy
http://www.abload.de/img/dkc360mxih.jpg[/IMG

I have Shake mapped to Y and Right Bumper
I have Down & Shake mapped to the B button (for blow)
Jump mapped to A and Left Bumper (for those levels where I want to roll forever)
X for Grab
D-Pad and Analog to handle movement

i don't really feel like uploading it[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing Nabs, you mind pasting the config file text? While I've never done it, I'm assuming it will work if I just copy it to a shell profile. For instance, here is my Other M config:

[Profile]
Device = XInput/0/Gamepad
Buttons/A = Button B
Buttons/B = Button Y|Trigger R
Buttons/1 = Button X
Buttons/2 = Button A
Buttons/- = Back
Buttons/+ = Start
Buttons/Home = Thumb R
IR/Up = Left Y+
IR/Down = Left Y-
IR/Left = Left X-
IR/Right = Left X+
IR/Hide = !Trigger L
Tilt/Right = Shoulder R
Shake/X = Button 2
Shake/Y = Button 2
Shake/Z = Button 2
Rumble/Motor = Motor L
D-Pad/Up = Left Y+
D-Pad/Down = Left Y-
D-Pad/Left = Left X-
D-Pad/Right = Left X+
Options/Sideways Wiimote = 1.000000

Not sure why it's not more common for these to be shared around, would be a good thing to add to the OP.

Nabs

[Profile]
Device = XInput/0/Gamepad
Buttons/1 = Button X
Buttons/2 = Button A|Shoulder L
Buttons/- = Back
Buttons/+ = Start
Shake/Y = Shoulder R
Shake/Z = Button Y|Button B
Nunchuk/Buttons/C = Trigger L
Nunchuk/Buttons/Z = Shoulder L
Nunchuk/Stick/Up = Left Y+
Nunchuk/Stick/Down = Left Y-
Nunchuk/Stick/Left = Left X-
Nunchuk/Stick/Right = Left X+
Classic/Buttons/A = Button B
Classic/Buttons/B = Button A
Classic/Buttons/X = Button Y
Classic/Buttons/Y = Button X
Classic/Buttons/ZL = Shoulder L
Classic/Buttons/ZR = Shoulder R
Classic/Buttons/- = Back
Classic/Buttons/+ = Start
Classic/Left Stick/Up = Left Y+
Classic/Left Stick/Down = Left Y-
Classic/Left Stick/Left = Left X-
Classic/Left Stick/Right = Left X+
Classic/Right Stick/Up = Right Y+
Classic/Right Stick/Down = Right Y-
Classic/Right Stick/Left = Right X-
Classic/Right Stick/Right = Right X+
Classic/Triggers/L = Trigger L
Classic/Triggers/R = Trigger R
Classic/Triggers/L-Analog = Trigger L
Classic/Triggers/R-Analog = Trigger R
Classic/D-Pad/Up = Pad N
Classic/D-Pad/Down = Pad S
Classic/D-Pad/Left = Pad W
Classic/D-Pad/Right = Pad E
Rumble/Motor = Motor L|Motor R
Rumble/Motor/Range = 500.000000
D-Pad/Up = Pad N|Left Y+
D-Pad/Down = Pad S|Left Y-|Button B
D-Pad/Left = Pad W|Left X-
D-Pad/Right = Pad E|Left X+
Options/Sideways Wiimote = 1.000000

Platy

Can i request a guide for optimized Tatsunoko vs Capcom ?

or a link to the post wich has it ... since the OP don't have a link to it....

sam27368

Banned
Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth dongle for PC that allows for the (official) Wii controller and nunchuck to be used in Dolphin?

Vega$

Banned
Shouldn't this thread be deleted?
I hardly believe anyone is buying a wii or gamecube game and taking the time to make a image of it and play it on their emulator, thus piracy.

apana

Vega$ said:
I hardly believe anyone is buying a wii or gamecube game and taking the time to make a image of it and play it on their emulator, thus piracy.

:lol Good one, you almost had me there.

LegoDad

Vega$ said:

Prolly a trap, but he's a junior so I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

I own a wii, want a picture of it? But now i can buy the game and play it on my CPU at high res instead. It also doesn't work for all games. Shouldn't assume everyone who uses this is a pirate.

Vega$ said:
Half of my gamecube library I bought just to rip them because they were playable on Dolphin...

Haunted

Vega$ said:
:lol oh junior. Welcome to GAF.

Red

Vega$ said:
gtfo :lol

Isn't there a rule that if someone accuses of piracy and we prove otherwise, he gets banned?

JADS

Vega$ said:

Lets see here:
1) Downloading 4.4 GB of data takes me around an hour on my connection. A quick glance at a NZB site shows that most Wii games available aren't scrubbed, so most of them are at the size of a standard DVD.
2)Dumping a Wii Disc usually takes around 20 minutes, highly depends on the game. A game like Wii Sport takes five minutes, others with more data take a bit longer.
I wonder which of these two's takes longer :lol

Mr_Brit

Banned
JADS said:
Lets see here:
1) Downloading 4.4 GB of data takes me around an hour on my connection. A quick glance at a NZB site shows that most Wii games available aren't scrubbed, so most of them are at the size of a standard DVD.
2)Dumping a Wii Disc usually takes around 20 minutes, highly depends on the game.
At least on my connection downloading a 4.4GB file is a lot quicker than the 20 minutes it'd take to dump a Wii game.

JADS said:
Lets see here:
2)Dumping a Wii Disc usually takes around 20 minutes, highly depends on the game. A game like Wii Sport takes five minutes, others with more data take a bit longer.

I don't think time is an issue with some people. It takes me a second or two to buy and download a song off of iTunes. I can't see a pirate being that fast at finding a free song.

But yeah, I would guess most people here are buying the games junior.

Zomba13

Vega$ said:
lol. Why would people download Wii/GC games when they can rip them using their Wii MUCH quicker?

On a relevant note, how does DKCR play? Thinking of getting it and if it runs good I'll play on Dolphin. I've got a pretty decent system.
I'd be using the 360 pad setup though as blutooth just WONT work on this computer. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling and everything with blutooth drivers and no luck. My dongle works fine on my laptop though.

Also, does the newest dolphin revision support Nvidia 3D vision again? I've got an old version that does and a newer version that doesn't and would love to know if there's a newer version that it works with. I was enjoying playing WW in 3D (Soooo goood, Same with SMG)

JADS

Mr_Brit said:
At least on my connection downloading a 4.4GB file is a lot quicker than the 20 minutes it'd take to dump a Wii game.

You got one of those fancy 100/120 Mbps connections? Lucky bastard :D

VGChampion said:
I don't think time is an issue with some people. It takes me a second or two to buy and download a song off of iTunes. I can't see a pirate being that fast at finding a free song.

But yeah, I would guess most people here are buying the games junior.

Agreed. He said that he didn't believe people would take the time to dump their discs. I believe that for the most of us, except for folks like Mr_Brit, ripping the game would be quite a bit shorter. Now of course downloading would be easier since you don't need a softmodded Wii and some people are sadly just cheapskates when it comes to paying for copyrighted material.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Vega$ said:

So you don't believe enthusiasts exist or something?

sam27368 said:
Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth dongle for PC that allows for the (official) Wii controller and nunchuck to be used in Dolphin?
Looks like you picked a bad time to answer this but just go for whatever and if you're paranoid about it not working go for one on this list (obviously find the one you want first).

I find the initial connection to be a bit fiddly (each time) but once thats done you're good to go.

Vega$

Banned
Obviously you guys are missing the point. There may be some people who take the time to rip a game, and play it on their emulator. But the majority of them does not, and i am sure i am right about this. :lol To be honest, and i hope i don't get banned for saying this. But i have a gamecube emulator with about 50 games, and those same games which i have, i download and play on my emulator.

Only because i do not own a Video Capture device at the moment and i do not know how to rip games , neither do i want to learn.

Kenichi

Neo Member
I have been perusing this thread and I was wondering would the xbox 360/ps3 (with motionjoy) work well with games like new super mario bros, which don't make much use of the motion controls? Is there a link somewhere to standard controller button mappings?

Vega$ said:
Obviously you guys are missing the point. There may be some people who take the time to rip a game, and play it on their emulator. But the majority of them does not, and i am sure i am right about this. :lol To be honest, and i hope i don't get banned for saying this. But i have a gamecube emulator with about 50 games, and those same games which i have, i download and play on my emulator.

Only because i do not own a Video Capture device at the moment and i do not know how to rip games , neither do i want to learn.
You should probably lurk a bit and get a feel of the community before you go spouting dumb shit and getting yourself banned.

Mr_Brit said:

Yeah, but you're in a country that cares about its citizens, that's cheating.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Vega$ said:
Obviously you guys are missing the point.
I think you are missing the point. This thread is for people who bothered to rip their games and want to play them in HD. So please stop shitting my thread up.

LegoDad

Kyleripman said:
Amazing, thank you! If it's not a pain in the ass, I would only request a higher resolution :)

Where's a good upload site that keeps the rez? imageshack says no.. photobucket only does that rez for free. They are 1920x1080 rez shots I have. 5.7mb a piece. I'll do the other level tomorrow.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
caliblue15 said:
Where's a good upload site that keeps the rez? imageshack says no.. photobucket only does that rez for free. They are 1920x1080 rez shots I have. 5.7mb a piece. I'll do the other level tomorrow.
abload.de

It will auto-convert bmps to png and has no shitty stuff like photobucket and others.

caliblue15 said:

Imagehost.org looks good, unless you would rather just do a .zip to megaupload.com. I don't think either requires an account.

Thanks so much!

Ettie

DKC and Kirby have pushed me over the edge. I'm going to get dolphin going on my HTPC. However, homebrewing my wii is pretty out of the question. Will any LG dvd drive work for rips, and will it rip both GC and Wii games?

Nabs

Ettie said:
DKC and Kirby have pushed me over the edge. I'm going to get dolphin going on my HTPC. However, homebrewing my wii is pretty out of the question. Will any LG dvd drive work for rips, and will it rip both GC and Wii games?

Nope. There are very specific models that can handle Wii / GC ripping.

LegoDad

Stallion Free said:
abload.de

It will auto-convert bmps to png and has no shitty stuff like photobucket and others.

using this, will have new pics after it uploads. Will do other level later today.

Red

Ettie said:
First google result.

ebay usually has these things for cheap. ~$20 or so.

Top Bottom