• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump (through Judge Jeanine): "Paul Ryan needs to step down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

The funniest thing is that this segment claims repeal/replace was a staple of Trump's campaign, something that Trumpers on CNN were claiming isn't true.

Which is worse?

A: The President fed information to a cable TV pundit in an obvious attempt to shift blame for a massive political failure.

B: The President saw an advert for a show proclaiming to have information backing up his false wiretapping claim, promoted said show without confirming any details and thus accidentally sent a strong signal undermining the Speaker of the House.

B.

rjinaz

Sure Trump just randomly said watch Judge Jeanine on the day she said this.

Yeah that's what I don't like about the "it was about wire tapping" theory. Trump sees advertisements like that all the time and doesn't feel the need to tell people to watch Fox News. Nor was that particular thing worth tweeting about if he had no idea what it was about. Oh she is going to say something about wire tappings! What could it be about?

johnsmith

remember me
Oh god, he's declaring war on the freedom caucus, heritage foundation, and club for growth too. He's not playing Nth dimentional chess, he's just really fucking stupid.

7JhYZdm.png

Armaros

Oh god, he's declaring war on the freedom caucus, heritage foundation, and club for growth too. He's not playing Nth dimentional chess, he's just really fucking stupid.

7JhYZdm.png

Yes trump, continue attacking them get to get them onboard with the rest of your agenda. That's going to work great. Especially since this is your loss.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Ahahaha...

It would be funny (er... funnier), if this kind of behavior wasn't just one step away from some kind of international crisis.

Imagine the first major country to blame Trump on a public platform for some kind of mistake we make abroad. Imagine him trying to respond to that.

7JhYZdm.png

What's amazing is that I thought it would take at least a year for this to happen. Battling the GOP is under 100 days is quite the accomplishment.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The Heritage Foundation was basically betting on Trump so they could run the place for him. They been foaming at the mouth for a while spreading the gospel of Trumponomics.

This child is picking a fight with what it probably is the most influential conservative think thank in America and his most powerful supporter among the Republican establishment, not to mention the organisation that helped to shape his transition team.

Trump is a goddamned idiot. The real question is if his utter stupidity is going to prevent a disaster or if it's going to result in one.

Zubz

Banned
Republicans are just gonna fight each other for the next 3 years, aren't they?

I was sincerely hoping for the GOP to implode last election. I would've been happier if they hadn't slipped in a SCotUS judge and facilitate the rapid growth of nationwide bigotry, but I'm at least happy about the fact it still may happen in the near future.

FuturusX

If the country returns these clowns to power in the midterms...then we should make Trump and his family supreme rulers without end.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
If their tax reform goes as well as their health care reform did, which I fully expect it to given the split in the party, their legislative agenda is cooked.

oti

Banned
If their tax reform goes as well as their health care reform did, which I fully expect it to given the split in the party, their legislative agenda is cooked.

How's the public's stance on tax reform? It's easy to mobilise people once they realise they could literally die because the GOP wants rich people to save money, but without the whole insurance thing I wonder if people understand the repercussions for their own lives a tax reform would bring.

How's the public's stance on tax reform? It's easy to mobilise people once they realise they could literally die because the GOP wants rich people to save money, but without the whole insurance thing I wonder if people understand the repercussions for their own lives a tax reform would bring.

They wanted to do healthcare first so they could save money for tax reform. That way they could cut taxes for the rich while minimizing cuts to popular programs. Now they cant do that so....

Armaros

They don't have the extra buffer from repealing the ACA to give tax cuts for the rich without massive adjustments.

This means they need to find places to save money on taxes, that means getting rid of many deductions, many of the biggest ones are ones for the middle class. Many of those will again be DOA in the Senate for more moderate Republicans in purple states.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
The Heritage Foundation was basically betting on Trump so they could run the place for him. They been foaming at the mouth for a while spreading the gospel of Trumponomics.

This child is picking a fight with what it probably is the most influential conservative think thank in America and his most powerful supporter among the Republican establishment, not to mention the organisation that helped to shape his transition team.

Trump is a goddamned idiot. The real question is if his utter stupidity is going to prevent a disaster or if it's going to result in one.

To be a fly on the wall at these organizations right now.

They've helped elect a total idiot thinking that they could use him push their agenda. They didn't bank on him being an idiot who didn't listen.

I mean it's not like the writing wasn't on the wall guys. Haha.

Tommy DJ

Pretty much.

When the Heritage Foundation called the health care bill a complete failure, I knew it wasn't going to pass. Its like if the IPA in Australia called our Prime Minister an idiot...he'd probably be axed within the year if that ever happened.

But Donald Trump going to pick a fight with some of the strongest conservative associations and think tanks in America? Yeah, there's some chance that there's a 3D chess game being played here. But its more likely that he's way over his head and has the belief that he has significantly more clout and influence than he really has in Washington DC.

After all, this is a man who has threatened hundreds of people and businesses into submission by throwing the most expensive lawyers at them. If you did this with success for more than half of your life, you'd probably overestimate your power too.

bplewis24

Neo Member

I don't think the public has a true partisan stance on tax reform. The answer is probably: "it depends."

Really, the CBO score will be even more important this time around. After it comes out, somebody will release one of those snazzy, simple charts that shows the dollar value and percentage of who is getting the tax breaks, and who is paying for those tax breaks (in terms of who uses the programs that are going away as a result of those tax breaks).

I think in this day and age of hyper-awareness about income inequality, seeing a chart that shows the rich will be some disproportionate share of tax cuts isn't going to be easy to sell to the American public. This is another calculated gamble that the GOP made around 2010-2014: they started blaming Democrats for income inequality when they realized they couldn't escape the issue by saying it wasn't real, or that it was class warfare against the "job creators."

Now, too many people are aware of income inequality, including republicans. They still got Republicans to vote for the GOP in 2016 because "black people and muslims and illegals and abortion"...but in a straight up tax policy discussion, none of that applies. So the question is, can the GOP sell a tax cut for the rich to their base that thought Trump was going to bring back jobs/wages, without being able to talk about "lazy minorities" and "scary muslims"?

My prediction: it will be a lot more difficult than they think. And it's partially of their own doing because they started trying to leverage the income inequality argument for their own benefit around 2012-2014.

My prediction: it will be a lot more difficult than they think. And it's partially of their own doing because they started trying to leverage the income inequality argument for their own benefit around 2012-2014.

Also, let's be honest, do you really think they had a backup plan if the AHCA failed?

Maengun1

7JhYZdm.png

Delicious.

Hey maybe he'll pull Gorsuch, he got that name from all these groups lol. He could still nominate his 80yo moderate judge sister <333

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I just wonder is Pence going to send a message to these groups that he is their man, just needs help in getting Trump out.

Also, let's be honest, do you really think they had a backup plan if the AHCA failed?

They never planned to win, they admitted submitting bills that would never get passed just to say they were fighting.Whatever plan they thought they could enact, Trump blew all to hell with his foolishness.

digdug2k

Is it possible for this to get so bad that Republicans impeach Trump to save America's prestige? Is there another President in US history that has managed to piss off damn near everyone this quickly?

Recap of people pissed off:
old people
AARP
Students that defaulted on their loans
College students due to fear of decreasing pell grants
Everyone that watches PBS
Muslims
People from Mexico trying to earn a living the US that cross the border every day
Women
Black people
The entire LGBTQIA community
People that don't want internet service providers selling their browsing history
Environmentalists
Moderates from both parties
People that use Obamacare
Hey hey hey. This Obamacare repeal shit IS the republican platform. Half the people pissed of by this bill we're pissed off it didn't fuck over enough people. Stop giving Trump all the credit for the gop being full of human sacks of shit.

Syncytia

I'm quite amused that he spells out Planned Parenthood instead of going with PP and shortens Obamacare. I guess he probably doesn't know that PP is a common abbreviation for it.

numble

I'm quite amused that he spells out Planned Parenthood instead of going with PP and shortens Obamacare. I guess he probably doesn't know that PP is a common abbreviation for it.
I think most of his Twitter followers would not know PP stands for Planned Parenthood but would know what Ocare stands for.

Future

Not gonna lie, I expected all republicans to be spineless and vote for this shit

But the bill not getting he votes, AND Paul Ryan looking foolish, AND Trump indirectly attacking him through this fox show, AND Trump antagonizing republicans over it...

Well this. This is just sublime

Dr.Acula

Banned

I think most of his Twitter followers would not know PP stands for Planned Parenthood but would know what Ocare stands for.

Trump probably wants to avoid tweeting "PP" what with the dossier accusations.

VariantX

7JhYZdm.png

Damn. You know these people have cards to play against him in terms of the mounting number of investigations into Trump and his cabinet.

Letthemfight.jpg indeed.

To be fair, I'm not sure I would have recognized PP either, whereas Ocare, though dumb sounding, is understandable

brau

So... just getting around to watching this. Its funny how she says that she did not talk to Trump about any of this. But Trump told people to watch her beforehand. hahahaha.

Oh well. I don't disagree that Ryan needs to step down. But its interesting to make people think that Trump has no weight in the failure of this bill. He is the master negotiator. I'll start to read back through the rest of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom