• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump (through Judge Jeanine): "Paul Ryan needs to step down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
"I certainly have not spoken to the president about any of this."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Probably technically true. Someone else would have served as a conduit.

Furyous

Is it possible for this to get so bad that Republicans impeach Trump to save America's prestige? Is there another President in US history that has managed to piss off damn near everyone this quickly?

Recap of people pissed off:
old people
AARP
Students that defaulted on their loans
College students due to fear of decreasing pell grants
Everyone that watches PBS
Muslims
People from Mexico trying to earn a living the US that cross the border every day
Women
Black people
The entire LGBTQIA community
People that don't want internet service providers selling their browsing history
Environmentalists
Moderates from both parties
People that use Obamacare

WillyFive

Is it possible for this to get so bad that Republicans impeach Trump to save America's prestige? Is there another President in US history that has managed to piss off damn near everyone this quickly?

old people
AARP
Muslims
People from Mexico trying to earn a living the US that cross the border every day
Women
Black people
People that don't want internet service providers selling their browsing history
Environmentalists

Andrew Johnson, probably. Took over after Lincoln died, and immediately started to get rid of all the progress Lincoln did; like implementing black codes and promoting Confederate generals to public office. Pretty much a trojan horse.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

old people
AARP
Muslims
Women
Black people
Environmentalists

Bolded includes the alt-right

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

old people
AARP
Muslims
Women
Black people
Environmentalists

Aren't most of those who the Republican party usually try to piss off?

KoopaTheCasual

A good way to be less involved in world affairs is to drastically increase your military budget.

A good way to address the disparity between imports and exports is to antagonize and even demonstrate open hostility to your trading partners.
Ok let's bring it down a bit. He's talking about his campaign "promises" and said he didn't vote for him or find him savory.

I think everyone in this thread is on the same "Trump is a destructive dumbass" tip. He's just providing context for the one two decent things he said during the campaign trail.

It's funny tho. If people were jazzed about that, they should have supported Sanders, to avoid the baggage of bigoted asshole.

President Donald Trump does not want House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to step down, White House chief of staff Reince Priebus said Sunday

This was strictly “coincidental,” Priebus said during an appearance on “Fox News Sunday.”

Asked plainly if Trump wanted Ryan to step down following the failure of the party to pass a repeal-and-replace bill for Obamacare, Priebus replied: “No, he doesn’t.”

There ya have it, folks. It was nothing more than a mere coincidence!

Guy who is rumored to be losing his job claims that the Trump doesn't want another guy to lose his job. Hilarious.

Who is Gaius Baltar?

The pompous buffoon who didn't know how to govern and actively worked with the enemy?
The guy who beat out a competent woman candidate via slander and scare tactics?

Do you REALLY need to ask that?
Sigh. You are right. But Gaius was at least intelligent and knew about farming.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
CNN right now: "Trump promotes Fox show asking Ryan to resign"

Definitely getting traction.
Lolmao

This is extra delicious if it's true he was just stroking his ego and tweeted because he saw the "wiretapping" promo graphic on fox and friends.

Ok let's bring it down a bit. He's talking about his campaign "promises" and said he didn't vote for him or find him savory.

I think everyone in this thread is on the same "Trump is a destructive dumbass" tip. He's just providing context for the one two decent things he said during the campaign trail.

It's funny tho. If people were jazzed about that, they should have supported Sanders, to avoid the baggage of bigoted asshole.

Sanders wasn't elected, trump was. Actions speak louder than words.

Swass

Watching CNN and the republicans sitting in are trying to convince the audience that Trump had no idea what she was going to say... who is buying this?

bplewis24

Neo Member
Fascinating. That dynamic must have flown right over Trump's head when he tried to bully them to vote his way.

I think his team was aware of the dynamic of the Freedom Caucus. I just think they didn't calculate that these folks wouldn't fall in line, because their districts are some of the most pro-Trump districts around. But Trump is used to telling folks what to do and them doing it out of fear of getting fired, but these folks won't get fired. They are safe.

The disgust in her voice when she talks about Ryan having experience. I have no love for Ryan, but when did having experience at doing a job become a thing to criticise people over?

Just the same anti-intellectual movement that's been around for a while.

There is one thing I hope he can succeed at and that is finally getting the government to invest in infrastructure. America needs that bad. It's the only thing I agree with him on.

Trump's infrastructure plan is not an infrastructure plan. It's basically a tax break to private developers. It would not, in any meaningful way, be a public works program that repairs the nation's crumbling infrastructure. Instead, it would be an incentive to private developers to build new infrastructure in places that would be profitable to them.

The catch, though, is that Trump doesn't really have a plan to do all this. At least not yet. Not in the conventional sense of the word.

What Trump has right now is an idiosyncratic proposal for Congress to offer some $137 billion in tax breaks to private investors who want to finance toll roads, toll bridges, or other projects that generate their own revenue streams. But this private financing scheme, experts across the political spectrum say, wouldn't address many of America's most pressing infrastructure needs

For instance: ”This is unlikely to do much for road and bridge maintenance," notes Harvard economist Edward Glaeser. ”And [economists] have long believed that the highest returns are for fixing existing infrastructure.
"

Seriously, let's not do this thing where we pretend this fucking con man who is deplorable in every sense of the word has "some good ideas" that are in any way altruistic, as if that can be a distraction from the hundreds of ways he's going to attempt to screw us over. At best, he can be a useful idiot. At best. But he has ZERO good ideas. NONE. He has NO IDEAS. He just says things that he thinks people want to hear. And because he is a useful idiot, Bannon and Ryan and whomever else get to him and twist "insurance for everybody" into "access for everybody, but coverage for only folks who can afford it". The same thing will happen with infrastructure, or anything else he can think of.

Surfinn

Watching CNN and the republicans sitting in are trying to convince the audience that Trump had no idea what she was going to say... who is buying this?
There's people in this very forum saying the same thing, so I'm gunna go with.. Probably all of his base and republicans.

There's people in this very forum saying the same thing, so I'm gunna go with.. Probably all of his base and republicans.
I don't get this line of thinking. Wouldn't the whole purpose of Trump posting it it on Twitter would be for his base to believe he wants Ryan out? How would his supporters simultaneously believe and not believe he did it on purpose?

The disgust in her voice when she talks about Ryan having experience. I have no love for Ryan, but when did having experience at doing a job become a thing to criticise people over?

What the fuck is going on over there.

Paul Ryan is terrible at his job and clearly isn't very bright. Failing up the ladder isn't something to be proud of. He sucks and his ideas are bad news for America.

I just got exposed to Scott Adam and his blog yesterday when a gaf member posted his recent article/blog. His followers make me lol, this is the top post on the piece

Every time your premium rose under Obamacare, you saw Obama's face. Trump didn't want that. If he knows anything, it's branding. http://masculineepic.com/in...

This healthcare plan was total shit, had nothing that was promised in it, and so he didn't want to wear the brand like Obama wore the Obamacare brand to his final defeat.

Notice how it quickly went from "Trumpcare" to "Ryancare." Note also the reports saying Trump wanted to do tax reform first all along. Trump nuked this bill at the end by saying he was done negotiating and he would move on, all but guaranteeing its collapse. He set Ryan up to take the full brunt of the defeat while he walked away with a minor tactical loss. All's going according to plan.

Shit blog source

Surfinn

I don't get this line of thinking. Wouldn't the whole purpose of Trump posting it it on Twitter would be for his base to believe he wants Ryan out? How would his supporters simultaneously believe and not believe he did it on purpose?
And don't forget, to reinforce the idea that he's completely and utterly free from responsibility in regard to the failure of the bill.

Sou Da

I would have thought their hatred of brown people was more important.

It is, the /g/ thread about that was a bunch of people trying to sniff out anyone who would dare suggest that Republicans don't like privacy and constantly deflecting with "the left is worse"

Which is worse?

A: The President fed information to a cable TV pundit in an obvious attempt to shift blame for a massive political failure.

B: The President saw an advert for a show proclaiming to have information backing up his false wiretapping claim, promoted said show without confirming any details and thus accidentally sent a strong signal undermining the Speaker of the House.

Surfinn

Which is worse?

A: The President fed information to a cable TV pundit in an obvious attempt to shift blame for a massive political failure.

B: The President saw an advert for a show proclaiming to have information backing up his false wiretapping claim, promoted said show without confirming any details and thus accidentally sent a strong signal undermining the Speaker of the House.
Which is more likely, given who Trump is?

kevin1025

Banned
Not sure if it was mentioned earlier (sorry if it was), but I saw on CNN that Fox News had a counter down in the corner all day yesterday about "new details" in Trump's wiretap claim, and that it would be on Judge Jeanine's show. It was on the screen around the time Trump tweeted.

But then it was about Paul Ryan instead.

So to me, either Fox News used that to make people watch a show about getting Paul Ryan to resign and made Trump look like a fool, or Trump knew it would be about Paul Ryan all along.

Edit: Ah, see now that it was mentioned already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom