• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump (through Judge Jeanine): "Paul Ryan needs to step down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

This is all just so surreal, so fascinating, and so horrifying. Not that Obama's presidency wasn't historic in many ways. It wasn't historic in the way I typically recognize as "historic." That is, shit going completely off the rails. The fall of the Roman Republic, the Mongol conquests, WW1 and WW2. You know, disasters. That's what I think of when I think history.

Never in my life have I felt like I lived in "historic" times.

Right now, I feel like I'm living through "historic" times.

May you live in interesting times.

bplewis24

Neo Member
Every Trumpadore that has ever given me an argument for why Donald Trump deserved/need/was qualified to be president was because he's a "business man, and darn it thats what this country needs is us a good bidness man to fix our econuhmeee" and now.. NOW they walking it back saying "who could expect a businessman to understand the nuances of government"....

my brain..

They precisely defended him on the grounds that his lack of experience wouldn't be a hindrance, and in fact was a positive (for reasons you mentioned, along with him being anti-establishment), and are now using it as a limitation for which he cannot be blamed.

You can't make this up.

bplewis24

Neo Member
If he went quietly into the night I would lose what little respect I...
Oh wait. I never had any respect for Paul Ryan. Fuck that nerd.

Ryan doesn't even qualify as a nerd. I'd kill somebody to have an actual nerd in his place. A nerd might understand math, logic, economics, and many other things that Ryan is clueless on.

Paul Ryan is an Ayn Rand fetishist that masquerades as a "policy wonk" and a "budget expert" in a party of idiots and anti-intellectualists. He's Rand Paul with a little more spit and polish and less social libertarianism.

cakely

Let me get this straight .. the orange shitstain tweeted to his followers so they could watch someone on Fox News say that Paul Ryan needs to step down.

Tiny hands, tiny testicles, I guess. If you want to say something important, you should say it yourself.

PKrockin

I thought Trump's response to his failure to get Obamacare repealed was already bad enough. After all, he stated his intention to stand by and watch Americans' health care explode while telling them to blame Democrats. That's pretty nuts. But here we go, deeper to a new low of cowardice. Can't wait to see the next round of approval ratings.

Kurdel

Banned
Anyone who hasn't watched the judge Jeanine video holy shit you must watch it.

The over the top theatrics and delivery is probably the only way they can try and manipulate their audience into keeping Trump support alive.

Reminds me of news reports from dystopian sci fi, or North Korea.

edit: Watching again, she looks drunk, but nails her script. Such a weird video.

marrec

Banned
Shit like this is only going to improve Ryan's position among the Washington elite, Trump is so bad at playing this game :lol

Slaythe

Like what?

Trump is a evil hateful person all he know is destruction.

That's not exactly true.

He is a complete moron that has no idea what he's doing and listens to evil assholes because they're the only people that support him due to the chaos he created.

That doesn't make him any better, but let's set the record straight.

Kirye

Holy fuck her fake ass voice is GRATING. I lasted a minute.

I want Paul Ryan and Trump at war with each other though, would be great to see nothing else removed due to their incompetence.

Loudninja

That's not exactly true.

He is a complete moron that has no idea what he's doing and listens to evil assholes because they're the only people that support him due to the chaos he created.

Seriously?Look at the crap he did long before running for president.

I dont get why pretend like he does not want this stuff.

Wallach

That's not exactly true.

What? He was sued by the feds in his first business venture because he refused to rent apartments to black people. He took out a full page newspaper ad calling for the death of four young black men who weren't actually the perpetrators of a rape. He's spent his whole life since scamming poor people at every opportunity and leaving them to pick up the pieces because he knows they will have no other choice while he can just continue to skate along on his father's fortune. He's been scum his entire life.

Aurongel

"I want to be clear," she concluded. "This is not on President Trump. No one expected a businessman to completely understand the nuances, the complicated ins and outs of Washington and its legislative process. How would he know which individuals upon whom he would be able to rely?"

Well, he wasn't elected to the position of Businessman of the US. He was elected to the presidency instead so this defense is moot.

jtb

Banned
That's not exactly true.

No. Trump is a terrible human being AND a moron.

Nafai1123

Banned
What a pussy-footing cowardly piece of shit.

Too scared to speak up for himself as POTUS? Jesus fucking christ I weep for this country and its complete lack of leadership.

Obama come back plz.

Trakdown

Every Trumpadore that has ever given me an argument for why Donald Trump deserved/need/was qualified to be president was because he's a "business man, and darn it thats what this country needs is us a good bidness man to fix our econuhmeee" and now.. NOW they walking it back saying "who could expect a businessman to understand the nuances of government"....

my brain..

These seem to be the same people who vote for the candidates who run on the "Government is the problem" platform. Just think about that: They're basically interviewing these people, asking why they'd be a good fit for the job, and the answer is "The job is harmful and so is the franchise and it needs to be eliminated". And somehow, that gets you elected.

Also, I love how the job was too important to give to somebody with years and years of policy experience, and now it's "How's he supposed to be expected to be on his game 64 days in?" Shit, I wish I got that kinda leeway at my job.

barit

"nobody expected a businessman to understand the complicatred ins and outs of the legislative process"

Haha the best! "I can't do my job because I don't know shit about my job"

Fuck, every other person in his position would've been shreddeed multiple times by now.

bplewis24

Neo Member
Anyone who hasn't watched the judge Jeanine video holy shit you must watch it.

The over the top theatrics and delivery is probably the only way they can try and manipulate their audience into keeping Trump support alive.

Reminds me of news reports from dystopian sci fi, or North Korea.

edit: Watching again, she looks drunk, but nails her script. Such a weird video.

That's just a regular Saturday for her.

On another note, from CNN:

He didn't answer their specific questions about the bill, according to three members of Congress who attended the meetings. He didn't offer any arguments for why they should support the legislation other than to give him his first legislative victory.

Trump repeatedly focused instead on the politics of the broader situation, the people said. In the Oval Office, he quizzed the Republicans about the margin of victory in their districts last fall. His victory, not theirs.

Some leader they picked.

Dai101

Banned
That's not exactly true.

IDuQ3gN.jpg

What? He was sued by the feds in his first business venture because he refused to rent apartments to black people. He took out a full page newspaper ad calling for the death of four young black men who weren't actually the perpetrators of a rape. He's spent his whole life since scamming poor people at every opportunity and leaving them to pick up the pieces because he knows they will have no other choice while he can just continue to skate along on his father's fortune. He's been scum his entire life.

Don't forget about him getting his mentally ill father to write Fred Trump II's heirs out of his will, then revoking the health insurance of a disabled baby when Fred Trump III sued.

Azuran

Banned
That's not exactly true.

Fuck me, now we're rewriting history to make Cheeto look like a man who's being taken advantaged of?

He has always been a piece of shit who believes every dumb thing that comes out of his mouth. He has always been racist, sexist, xenophobic, and loves taking advantage of poor and uneducated people to make a quick buck. He's also a terrible businessmen and negotatior, and has terrible taste in interior design.

Oh yeah, and he eats his steaks well done with ketchup.

Darkgran

"I want to be clear," she concluded. "This is not on President Trump. No one expected a businessman to completely understand the nuances, the complicated ins and outs of Washington and its legislative process. How would he know which individuals upon whom he would be able to rely?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is 100% on Trump. Don't try to fool us with your turn it up to 11 voice Jeanine. You are the same person who blamed EVERYTHING on Obama and now you want to change the course just because your beloved pussy grabbing orange turd is failing.

Eat a Dick.

Chumley

Banned
How fucking pathetic do you have to be to blame someone else for all of your failures yet take all the credit for any successes gifted to you (like the jobs numbers Obama is responsible for)..

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Republicans are never going to win the White House again if they screw this up. They have ONE chance. So naturally they are fighting with themselves. They also have no fucking idea how to govern.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Note: Paul Ryan didn't want to be Speaker of the house, wasn't the first choice, and only reluctantly agreed after the Freedom Caucus said they'd behave a little bit. Acting like Ryan is a sinister actor hell-bent on sabotaging the Republican Party couldn't be further from the truth -- he's a dedicated Republican who took one from the team by stepping in when the freedom caucus tossed Boehner, and whatever the fuck happened with McCarthy that he cancelled taking the job 5 minutes before the press conference announced him. And let it be noted that he also obediently ran as VP for Mitt Romney, a losing candidate no one thought would win.

So, yes, by all means toss him and get Speaker Steve Scalise or whoever the hell is dumb enough to take the worst fucking job on earth. Joe the Plumber? Does the speaker have to be a member of the house? Probably not, rules are dumb and nothing is true.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
God, just thinking about the fucking nincompoops they have further down the list:

- Pat McHenry: Absolute zero, no charisma or leadership at all
- Kevin McCarthy: Was selected to be speaker after Boehner, quit the job five minutes before the press conference announcing him as speaker. Presumably someone has a video tape of him getting a gay abortion or supporting gun control or something.
- Jason Chaffetz: Literally looks like a baby wearing an adult's suit
- Kevin Brady: Surely too moderate if Paul Ryan is too moderate
- Justin Amash: Doesn't get along with Trump, is about 20 years too young
- Mark Walker: Is a friend of Trump's and is a hard-right idiot, but also got elected in 2014 so probably hasn't figured out how to vote yet, let alone how to be the speaker
- Pete Sessions: Big Trump fan, also famously said the Republican Party was like the Taliban, in a good way.

So how is it not Steve Scalise? Who, by the way, is an odious Trumpite and unrepentant moron who got famous talking about how he agreed with David Duke on the issues but had a better chance of winning (and do you really want a Louisianan, knowing that the whole state is filled with people who have fridges full of dead bodies and bribe money?)

Amazing.

Their entire party is filled with political opportunists who pretend to be in lock-step behind common principles but who will eat each other when push comes to shove.

I love it!

I am starting to think everyone has russian ties but me

This is something someone with Russian ties would say... I'm on to you komrad.

Ahhh no, the President is extremely powerful but trump has:

• No Idea how the government works

• No allies politically because he's never held office

• Doesn't have the backing of any major group in the House or the Senate

He doesn't but he still has the confidence of most of the right of the party who voted him in and until there's a sizable turn by their constituents they're not going to risk angering their core voting blocks.

Does anyone have enough votes to become speaker on the Republican side? Are we going to multiple ballots for the first time since the 20s? We also need to realize there is a real possibility the next speaker may become the next president.

oti

Banned
Yep, sounds like Bannon is pulling the strings here. Breibart has been obsessed with getting Paul Ryan out.

It makes perfect sense for Trump to do this. Any politician would do this tbh. He can't seem like the problem here, his whole Spiel to his delusional fan base is being the trade master, the guy who gets things done. Throwing Ryan under the bus would be perfect for him and for Bannon's little chess game.

Monocle

Begging people via Twitter to watch a crazy lady on Fox News make excuses for your failure of a first major legislation is truly the essence of a successful presidency!
Such a thing has never been done before now, because no president has been so successful before now.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
That's a -- uh -- hell of a congressional shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom