• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump (through Judge Jeanine): "Paul Ryan needs to step down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolo

I would still hate the fuck, but yeah he would have some of my respect.

Mostly just that when all of this is recalled....how ever many years down the line, Paul Ryan would have his place in it, and it could be positive if he's willing to go against Trump. At this point, he's already being labeled an awful speaker with Trump turning against him, so this would certainly be the best move for him.

Speevy

Banned
Does this administration end with one of those post reality show wrap ups where we see where everyone is now?

I'm tired of waiting for this shit to end.

This is kind of beautiful actually, Obama's presidency wasn't "historic" to you because him being a person of color didn't mean anything to you.

I don't think you understood exactly what I said or what I meant. But I don't think it's worth trying to explain because I feel like it's all pretty much laid out. Maybe you should read my post again? Or I don't know... do something else?

I'm sorry that you feel that I feel that way. You're still my brother and I'd give you a hug if you were here right now.

WedgeX

Banned
Trump's such a coward. Can't even come out himself and say it.

Boehner saw all this coming. And hilariously Paul Ryan thought he could control the beast.

No one expected a businessman to completely understand the nuances, the complicated ins and outs of Washington and its legislative process.

He is the FUCKING President. He doesn't get a pass due to not knowing how things work.

Vestal

Gold Member
This is kind of beautiful actually, Obama's presidency wasn't "historic" to you because him being a person of color didn't mean anything to you.

I think you missunderstood his interpretation of historic.. All of his mentions are towards moments in history were great Powers have fallen.

Speevy

Banned
No one expected a businessman to understand the nuances of being the president.

*THE PRICE IS RIGHT FAIL MUSIC*

Apt101

It's you or him, Congress. Impeach at first chance. I'd rather deal wit ineffective president Pence or Ryan than volatile manchild.

Vestal

Gold Member
Trump's such a coward. Can't even come out himself and say it.

Boehner saw all this coming. And hilariously Paul Ryan thought he could control the beast.

Its more that I think Ryan got a lot of assurances when he accepted the job, lets not forget that he never wanted this job. The problem is that they weren't calculating Donald Fucking Trump winning the presidency. He had an ally in Preibus in the WH but some reports are saying that aides are pushing Trump to kick Reince out.

Socivol

Did she just say that nobody expected the president to know how to do his job because he was an outsider? Shit like that pisses me off because Obama was extremely qualified and they Republicans talked down to him now we have an idiot in office and it's okay he doesn't know what he is doing?

This just furthers the point that to be black in America you have to be twice as good as your white counterparts and to be white allows you to be mediocre in your job and still be seen as an asset.

I don't think you understood exactly what I said or what I meant. But I don't think it's worth trying to explain because I feel like it's all pretty much laid out. Maybe you should read my post again? Or I don't know... do something else?

I'm sorry that you feel that I feel that way. You're still my brother and I'd give you a hug if you were here right now.

Ahhh, i was watching the game at the same time... I'll take the hug though.

"This is NOT on Mr Trump, he merely backed a shit bill that he didn't read, failed every possible attempt at negotiation, pulled his own bill a mere 60 days into his presidency despite it being his flagship campaign promise that he bragged would be done on Day 1, giving up on it because of his lazy ass.

But this is NOT HIS FAULT"

Koomaster

I fully expect this time next year there will be the stirrings of a Trump Party.
I was only joking but fuck if I don't see this as an actual possibility. Try to primary out the Freedom Caucus and more moderate republicans for Trump diehards. That's a scary proposition.

WedgeX

Banned
Its more that I think Ryan got a lot of assurances when he accepted the job, lets not forget that he never wanted this job. The problem is that they weren't calculating Donald Fucking Trump winning the presidency. He had an ally in Preibus in the WH but some reports are saying that aides are pushing Trump to kick Reince out.

I have never believed this. He wanted to play the reluctant hero. Be remembered just like Rayburn.

BasicMath

No Trump.

You screwed it up. You were the one to make the wire tapping tweet that was easily exploitable by the Dems and the media so all the attention went to that. You were unable to make the push early on. You were scared to commit to it the moment you heard someone say "Trumpcare". Now we're stuck with it. Fuck right off with your bullshit. It's one of the few things I actually want and expect out of you and you failed to deliver.

Vestal

Gold Member
I have never believed this. He wanted to play the reluctant hero. Be remembered just like Rayburn.

Sure everyone saw that opportunity in that regard. But make no mistake about it, he only agreed to the job after a lot of arm twisting and agreements.

John Bohner for all his faults was on the brink of pushing through one of the biggest bipartisan legislation in history, and the FC blew all of that up. So the signs were there wide and clear regarding what would happen to his successor unless there were some solid agreements.. Those agreements died the moment Trump won.

Grym

Is speaker chosen by an absolute majority (218+) votes? Or is it high vote wins if one side is...split?

As have been mentioned in the past, Repubs will only act once their jobs are in the line. Now is that time

Too late, though. The window for healthcare is closed. They're not going to be able to write a new bill, get it supported/marketed, passed in the House, then debated/modified in Senate, then sent back to House, then finally signed by April 15th.

And tax reform hinged heavily on this healthcare bill. Now, they'll need to redo the budget to find the "savings" from this failed healthcare bill in order to keep the tax cuts budget neutral. Otherwise, they'll need 60 votes to pass it.

Which they won't get. That would be two major, cornerstone GOP initiatives defeated less than 100 days in. That's hard to recover from.

hitme

Your president in six months..

kfNs-T.gif

bplewis24

Neo Member
Why the fuck are you a president then if you lack the understanding of the nuances of Washington and the legislative process?

If this was Obama or anyone else, they would be howling over why he doesn't know the nuances.

The GOP (and even Hillary in the primaries to some extent) made one of their main critiques of Obama his inexperience. The GOP specifically hit him for only being a "community organizer" and playing up the idea that he would be weak and ill-prepared for the week-to-week issues that come up in the White House.

But Trump? He gets a pass because _____.

Brinbe

Yeah, no shit. I can just picture their conversation yesterday when Ryan's trying to explain that they don't have the votes and Trump says he still wants it anyway.

Whatever, Trump's a lame duck now regardless.

"I didn't talk with the President. He just told everyone over Twitter to watch me tonight for no reason!"

Donald is such a fucking bitch. Its crazy.

This is actually shaping up to be perfect.

Paul Ryan has more pull than Donald but little donnie doesn't realize it. If he wants, Paul Ryan can start talk of creating a Russia Commission to fuck Trump to hell. I really hope it comes to that. The knives are out tonight it seems.

Congress as a branch has more power than the executive if they actually have the desire and the balls to wield it. The branch itself have been slowly eroding itself in favor the executive so now there's really only the judicial branch to check the executive. One of my main hopes back before Trump was president was that if he was actually going to get the presidency (god dammit) then he would be such a fuck up and hated by both parties that the Congress would try to 'reactivate' some of the checks they have let falter. Like war powers and so on. So hopefully Trump is vindictive and Paul Ryan responds in kind so we can have a real Congress again. A man can dream.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
"I want to be clear," she concluded. "This is not on Little Donny. No one expected a 1st grader to completely understand the nuances, the complicated ins and outs of surgery and its tools. How would he know which areas upon which he was supposed to operate?"

bplewis24

Neo Member
This just furthers the point that to be black in America you have to be twice as good as your white counterparts and to be white allows you to be mediocre in your jump and still be seen as an asset.

Exactly.

Is speaker chosen by an absolute majority (218+) votes? Or is it high vote wins if one side is...split?

I believe it's a majority (excluding abstentions), but it's not a documented rule/requirement.

El_Mau

"No one expected a businessman to completely understand the nuances, the complicated ins and outs of Washington and its legislative process."

I mean yes, you don't expect that from a businessman, but hell you do expect that from the fucking president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom