• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM (Holiday 2017) and Wolfenstein II (2018) Announced for Nintendo Switch

Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trago

I've been playing my Switch more than I've been playing my PS4 or PC.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but depending on how well the port is, I might just start buying a lot more third party games on Switch, or at least double dip. The thought of playing DOOM in portable mode is really exciting.

sinonobu

Banned
I guess Todd Howard was serious when he said he was very impressed with Switch .

And it's also weird to see the biggest support from the long time nintendo doubters while we get bare to none from long time supporters like Capcom

KrawlMan

I wonder how this'll turn out. Good sign for future Switch ports/versions regardless. I'm sure there've been quite a few people on gaf that have claimed that Wolfenstein 2 would never hit Switch because of it's visuals.

I don't own Doom yet, but shooters are just about the only genre I told myself I'd stick to PC on...a bit torn.

Ricky 7

I've been wanting to play Doom but never get time to sit down and play these type of games. I can play these on my commutes, crazy how these current gen games are now portable on such a small handheld.

Blues1990

nice boxart for the switch version :eek:

21728119_1924911894192151_7255702058201615713_n.png

were-not-worthy-gif-11.gif

Yeah, fuck Capcom. Late ports on Switch isn't actual support. Actual support is late ports, like these!

I mean if Bethesda were able to release DOOM 2016 (wink-wink-nudge-nudge) day and date with the other platforms then they're better than I give them credit for.

Sarcastic comment gets sarcastic response :)

I initially thought DOOM looked pretty bad from what they showed, but if they can get it to look like that and keep a consistent frame rate in portable mode then it seems acceptable.

deleted

What a cover :O

If they use all the control options of the Switch with Gyro-Aiming and if it's still 60FPS, this here version is getting bought!

Excited to see direct feed footage for both. This will be a Digital Foundry fest, mark my words.

dafortune

I'll buy Doom and Wolfenstien if they support gyro. My pc cant run those games and I'm not playing that shit dual analog on my ps4 or Switch.

NotLiquid

The fact that we can get Doom on the Switch almost feels like a challenge for other third parties in the field

One of the best looking games with a megaton of a filesize which was commonly thought to not be possible on the platform turns out to be made with enough care to easily scale to a platform like Switch

Time to start optimizing your games, devs

And you know it's gonna sell gangbusters only because come holiday Switch will still be a wasteland.

What?

-Zelda
-Mario
-Mario Kart
-Arms
-Splatoon
-Mario and Rabbids
-Skyrim
-Doom
-Xenovlade
-NBA 2k

Among others. That’s an incredible lineup for a first year system during the holidays

Majine

Banned
The fact that we can get Doom on the Switch almost feels like a challenge for other third parties in the field

One of the best looking games with a megaton of a filesize which was commonly thought to not be possible on the platform turns out to be made with enough care to easily scale to a platform like Switch

Time to start optimizing your games, devs

I've heard that Doom scales amazingly across hardware.

Kimawolf

What a cover :O

If they use all the control options of the Switch with Gyro-Aiming and if it's still 60FPS, this here version is getting bought!

Excited to see direct feed footage for both. This will be a Digital Foundry fest, mark my words.

Oh you know Digital Foundry guys are sharpening their... computers? heh I await the comparison and breakdown myself as well.

Neiteio

Just checked the DOOM footage. That looked a lot better than I thought it would. Lighting looks flatter but the overall art direction is intact. Models also appear untouched. Good stuff. Wonder if they'll hit 60 fps. Game was super-scalable on PS4, X1 and PC.

The Hermit

60 fps is a must for Doom.

I have faith in the devs, so I shouldn't worry.

GG in making those games work on the Switch, it must be a very hard job.

Top Bottom