• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM (Holiday 2017) and Wolfenstein II (2018) Announced for Nintendo Switch

Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?

Results are only viewable after voting.
This game is currently occupying approximately 80GB on my PS4. I take it people will need to buy a dedicated 100GB microSD card to own this game?

whipihguh

Banned
DOOM really seems like a great choice for a Switch holiday title. It satisfies a massive genre gap on the Switch, and it'd be a fantastic game for new Switch owners who haven't played it yet.

Wolfenstein II would've been even better, but I get that ports take time, and it probably wasn't considered when the game initially went into production. Hopefully it's an early 2018 port.

Seik

Banned
nice boxart for the switch version :eek:

21728119_1924911894192151_7255702058201615713_n.png

Why do I want to buy this, I ALREADY HAVE IT ON PC AND PS4 GODDAMIT!

Wow, I didn't expect a Doom port, let alone Wolfenstein 2. Though, I REAAAALLY doubt they'll be able to compress the full game into a cartridge. Doom and Wolfenstein are like 20-50 gigs on the PS4.

Zophar

If they can put Doom on a Switch cart than there is something super fishy about it taking up 100GB on other platforms.

molnizzle

Can't believe it's actually happening.

I've always thought Doom 2016 would be perfect for the Switch. Game has the most Nintendo-ass mechanics of any shooter.

Day 1 triple dip as long as it's still 60fps.

Trago

How in the actual fuck are western third parties doing more for Nintendo than Japanese third parties?

This is some bizzaro shit.

Magwik

Banned
How will that work?

Isn't Doom like 80GB?

Wow, I didn't expect a Doom port, let alone Wolfenstein 2. Though, I REAAAALLY doubt they'll be able to compress the full game into a cartridge. Doom and Wolfenstein are like 20-50 gigs on the PS4.

If they can put Doom on a Switch cart than there is something super fishy about it taking up 100GB on other platforms.
Texture detail will be lower than PS4/XB1. No fucking clue how they fit all of the multiplayer content included though, unless MP will be a separate download, which seems likely.

I'm not typically an FPS player regardless (and when I am, it's on PC), but I really hope these games follow Skyrim's lead and set a healthy precedent with support for Joy-Con gyro aiming. Otherwise, no sale. Good to have such a strong showing from Bethesda before Skyrim has even been tested, though.

If other platforms are running it at 1080p and up with the highest-quality assets etc. for those resolutions, where the Switch might be running it at - what, maybe 900p docked? - and presumably with lower-quality assets, that 60GB+ can shrink awfully fast.

molnizzle

Texture detail will be lower than PS4/XB1. No fucking clue how they fit all of the multiplayer content included though, unless MP will be a separate download, which seems likely.

Or maybe they just cut MP altogether.

Game is honestly better without it.

Snapmap is kinda cool though, hopefully that stays.

I'm being honest here. If they can port the complete game to a 32GB cart without any download to complete the game bullshit I will buy this.

The game taking up that much space on PS4 turned me off completely.

KageMaru

80% of that is megatextures that absolutely won't be necessary for the fidelity the Switch port will be capable of displaying

Megatextures benefits devices with lower amounts of memory, so it'll certainly be used here. It's a core part of the engine after all =) This will likely be one of those games that requires additional storage than what's offered internally.

Third parties have no excuse anymore.

Yes they do. Just because game X is possible on the platform doesn't mean game Y is as well.

MrKeinov

I guess Fallout is eventually happening if skyrim and these sell well. Definitely picking all up! PRAISE BETHESDA. Unprecedented 3rd party support. \o/

Top Bottom