• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Boston Major (December 3-10) Final Battle before the New Journey

bbd23

EG is going to lose this

tears.gif

woodland

Amazing how every time I see a teamfight and think it looks bad for Col, they crush it. That's what I get for only watching TI and majors occasionally I guess.

Holy fucking shit get styled on EG. Grats to Col + Monkeys lol

Bad7667

How are any of the losses on RTZ? At Least two of the games were a complete outdraft and I lost count on how many times the 2 supports did not have vision for moonlight shadow/invis.

Zfreek was playing out of his mind along with Cancel just destroying with Mirana. It was a team effort from complexity and their drafts were so damn good compared to EG's. I mean you pick sven dusa, who then makes the space needed for those 2 heroes to farm. Was the plan to pray and hope their early game went well?

shira

How are any of the losses on RTZ? At Least two of the games were a complete outdraft and I lost count on how many times the 2 supports did not have vision for moonlight shadow/invis.

Zfreek was playing out of his mind along with Cancel just destroying with Mirana. It was a team effort from complexity and their drafts were so damn good compared to EG's. I mean you pick sven dusa, who then makes the space needed for those 2 heroes to farm. Was the plan to pray and hope their early game went well?

I was sort of thinking it was Sven support with mid Oracle

and EG got wings. gg

EG vs Wings
LGD vs LGD.FY
coL vs WG.Unity
DC vs Faceless
AF vs Newbee
EHOME vs NP
VP vs iG.V
OG vs MVP

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/status/805615186174427136

ayyy

scarybore

Bit worried that OG are playing MVP as you never know what MVP will show up, but they don't look as good as they were during the last year so I'm optimistic.

Tough upper bracket in general on close inspection, but I think top 4 is achievable for them.

Arol

First set of matches I'm going VP, Wings, WG (The upset since col is probably seen as the stronger team) and OG.

shira

Bit worried that OG are playing MVP as you never know what MVP will show up, but they don't look as good as they were during the last year so I'm optimistic.

Tough upper bracket in general on close inspection, but I think top 4 is achievable for them.

VP vs Wings/EG - Winner plays OG

Damn that's a rough UB

greelay

Interesting. I still think the top three teams are eg, vp, and wings (despite egs struggles today). So this will be interesting seeing two of my top three get knocked out by the second round. I was not too concerned about the lack of double elimination before today, but now I think I am a little bothered.

Qvoth

eg wings i think should be a tough one to pick, both teams are kinda underperforming, with eg probably at a worse position currently, so i'll go with wings
lgdfy just because the names on their roster are familiar
col
dc
newb
np (lol, but seriously i think np has a decent chance)
vp
og

CurlyW

I don't think the single-elim is a huge deal. At least this way no team goes home after losing a Best-of-1.

What IS dumb is that there is really no point to the group stage at all. Everybody starts in the same place in the main bracket regardless of how well they did this weekend, only advantage for the teams that did well is (arguably) better seeding.

What the organizers should've done was give the teams placing 1st in the group stage 2 byes in the main bracket, while the teams that placed 2nd get 1 bye. Then the main event bracket would go like this:

Day 1: 1st Round, 3rd place teams in group stage play 4th place teams in group stage
Day 2: 2nd Round, 2nd place teams in group stage play winners of Day 1 matches
Day 3: Quarterfinals, 1st place teams in group stage play winners of Day 2 matches
Day 4: Semis & Finals

I don't think the single-elim is a huge deal. At least this way no team goes home after losing a Best-of-1.

What IS dumb is that there is really no point to the group stage at all. Everybody starts in the same place in the main bracket regardless of how well they did this weekend, only advantage for the teams that did well is (arguably) better seeding.

What the organizers should've done was give the teams placing 1st in the group stage 2 byes in the main bracket, while the teams that placed 2nd get 1 bye. Then the main event bracket would go like this:

Day 1: 1st Round, 3rd place teams in group stage play 4th place teams in group stage
Day 2: 2nd Round, 2nd place teams in group stage play winners of Day 1 matches
Day 3: Quarterfinals, 1st place teams in group stage play winners of Day 2 matches
Day 4: Semis & Finals

Feels weird to say there's no point to the group stages when it resulted in two of the favourites playing in the first round of the main event

CurlyW

Feels weird to say there's no point to the group stages when it resulted in two of the favourites playing in the first round of the main event

I'm just saying that with the format as it is, there is no real advantage to be gained by doing well in the group stage. This is a point Black^ expressed during The Summit. I could definitely see, say, Faceless finally getting their shit together and beating DC in a few days, then what does it matter that Faceless went 0-2 while DC went 2-0 this weekend?

Also GSL group format is dumb, but that's another discussion.

Symphonic

Is there an app that accurately/visually-pleasingly tracks the majors, players, etc? Using eSports now but it's pretty inconsistent and mild with its coverage and there's little to nothing on players. No account system either so I can't save matches or what not.

shira

Is there an app that accurately/visually-pleasingly tracks the majors, players, etc? Using eSports now but it's pretty inconsistent and mild with its coverage and there's little to nothing on players. No account system either so I can't save matches or what not.

Have you tried trackdota app?

Suggested apps on the sidebar Max+ and Livedota - never heard of these two. . . .

Top Bottom