• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 NeoGAF Inhouse League Season 4

Hylian7

Playoffs would be this weekend, however we still have one match that must be played: Sanjay vs Gofu. A few weeks ago they had a scheduling conflict and neither team could make the other's time. They are given a chance to schedule and play their game this weekend.

For everyone else, you can practice/scrim, and playoffs will be next weekend, 4/7 to 4/9.

Sanjay

Can you post what the playoffs are, the teams playing each other and stuff. Would like more then few days to sort stuff out.

Hylian7

Can you post what the playoffs are, the teams playing each other and stuff. Would like more then few days to sort stuff out.

Need a result for yours and Gofu's match to completely determine who is playing.

These are the standings right now. Please note that Sanjay, Gofu, or both could pull into second place depending on the results of their match.

Procarbine - 8
Gofu - 5
Red UFO - 5
Sanjay - 4
Madouu - 4
1.09 - 2

No matter what happens, Procarbine will be able to select an opponent out of the bottom three. Beyond that, I will do the brackets based on the remaining teams.

Hylian7

I screwed up on how I visualized the bracket in my head. I've created the bracket:

http://challonge.com/8yd9ordk

oSB0VcT.png

Obviously it's very late in this week, so please just schedule your games as soon as you can. They do not have to be scheduled for this weekend if you cannot make that, but please schedule them for next weekend at the very least.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rooting for legendary procarbine.

Hylian7

so is league
grave.gif
?

Still no games have been scheduled for playoffs, and I have asked for the captains to do it mulitple times.

The dilemma I run into here is since there are only 6 teams, and two get a bye for the first round of playoffs, giving any team (or all of them) 0-2's is catastrophic and you might as well not even have a playoff tournament at that point. It defeats the purpose of the league because the point is for people to actually play games, and when we get to the playoffs, this isn't merely "one team misses a week, big whoop". This is "Your team's out because you didn't schedule a game" I will ask again for the following people to schedule games as soon as possible:

Sanjay vs Madouu
Red UFO vs 1.09

Until these games are scheduled, we cannot move on. I will be getting in touch again with each individually in case they do not see this.

Edit: I have just received word that Red UFO and 1.09's teams have disbanded. I'll be talking with the remaining teams about how we want to pick this up from here.

Top Bottom