• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
The problem with using a smurf at all is that you're not going to be dialing down your skill by playing a support or the like, any experience you've gleaned is going to elevate the success of the team.

I am well aware of that. That still shouldn't put me against 400 win stacks. As I said. If I play a team full of 50-60 win people. That would be completely all right with me. I can accept that. Hell even 100 wins. I don't care. At least we have a chance of winning by good team coordination.

I am well aware of that. That still shouldn't put me against 400 win stacks. As I said. If I play a team full of 50-60 win people. That would be completely all right with me. I can accept that. Hell even 100 wins. I don't care. At least we have a chance of winning by good team coordination.
Stop win counting, it doesn't mean anything, SMH.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can confirm that Pillow is at least 410% better than I am because of his 3,158 games to my 765, and 197% better than ellen pudge who only has 1,598 games.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Stop win counting, it doesn't mean anything, SMH.

Having players that played around 800 h against players that knpw about 10 heroes accounts for nothing?
Jesus, I already said that my main account has no problems with MM.
I don't care if I play against players that have 200 wins more. Because once you have played a certain amount, it doesn't matter anymore.

But stop trying to tell me win count doesn't matter when we are talking about players with less than 10 games played in total.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Wait so how is Dota 2 calculating matchmaking? I'm guessing the algorithm take your overall play into account in terms of CS and the like?

Sibylus

Banned
Your rebuttals practically gloss over the fact that you're in this queue at the time, dragging the ELO upward. The matchmaking is working as it should, unless one happens to believe that smurfing low-level games and trashing low-level players isn't a problem.

sixghost

If the matchmaking in Dota works anything like the matchmaking in Starcraft, the skill level of the players you get matched with is extremely variable in your first 5 games. You can easily be playing a diamond or masters player if you win the first 3 or 4 of your 5 placement games.

Maybe Dota has a similar system that isn't as clearly broadcast as it is in Starcraft.

pillow has a million wins because he is the best player '3'

I can confirm that Pillow is at least 410% better than I am because of his 3,158 games to my 765, and 197% better than ellen pudge who only has 1,598 games.
I can get behind this, wins are the best!

Having players that played around 800 h against players that knpw about 10 heroes accounts for nothing?
Jesus, I already said that my main account has no problems with MM.
I don't care if I play against players that have 200 wins more. Because once you have played a certain amount, it doesn't matter anymore.

But stop trying to tell me win count doesn't matter when we are talking about players with less than 10 games played in total.
There are players that are so bad that they're below average even after spending hundreds of hours playing the game.

I can't tell you much about valve's matchmaking(cause they keep it so secret). However, I don't need any information about how mm works to say that wins don't mean shit. People start the game at different levels of expertise, plus they learn at different rates. Even if wins could somehow correlate to player skill dota 2 doesn't even count the number of games played; wins don't even count time spent in bot games or lobbies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm totally new to DOTA 2.

Are GAF dota members/chat really newbie friendly, or are they all hardcore players?

Mostly newbies, some hardcore players but we're all nice except 1.09 and puppetyuber (who is banned RIP).

Wynnebeck

Banned
caveat, everyone is nice when you win. Lose and hell hath no fury like a gaffer scorned

Happened the other day. A certain someone from GAF fed hard like a champ prompting another gaffer in our stack to DC from rage. I love you guys but not even an almighty GAF stack can save people from bad play. Cut that shit out lol.

Happened the other day. A certain someone from GAF fed hard like a champ prompting another gaffer in our stack to DC from rage. I love you guys but not even an almighty GAF stack can save people from bad play. Cut that shit out lol.

Name and shame. It's not called real talk for nothing :3

I'm the nicest person ever '3'
It's true, everyone says 109 is mean but he's always super nice wtf.

Or just stop being a dick, everyone plays bad sometimes. I treat dota like half moba/half Buddhist monk training simulator, gotta control that rage.

Exuro

You guys are missing the new dota video. It's a mixture of cinematic and in game type stuff. I thought it was pretty cool.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Since there is a minor chance of getting more prizes for more teams, I have sold TF2 boxes and made anther team:
unbeatable.jpg

I wanted to do all Numbers, but Aui is the only guy in the carry spot who has numbers in his name :/

BeesEight

Just to touch on the smurf argument, are you in the limited hero pool queue? That place is rife with smurfs and you'll end up with ridiculous matches because the pool for players is so small.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just to touch on the smurf argument, are you in the limited hero pool queue? That place is rife with smurfs and you'll end up with ridiculous matches because the pool for players is so small.

You aren't forced to do that at all, its just a suggestion from Valve.

yarden24

Your rebuttals practically gloss over the fact that you're in this queue at the time, dragging the ELO upward. The matchmaking is working as it should, unless one happens to believe that smurfing low-level games and trashing low-level players isn't a problem.

im not so sure, a couple days ago i (300 wins) was playing with a friend(200 wins) and a new player from gaf (10 wins) and we were matched up against teams with no one higher then 10 wins... it was a ridiculous stomp in our favor...

then we do one more game, same thing except now they have 2 guys with 80 wins. still a stomp.

the match making really shouldn't have put us with people in the lvl of the new guy, it just makes it not fun for anyone.

Island

Sigh... I must be in the trench.

Everyone picks a carry. Check.
No wards. Check.
The other team has an amazing composition, synergy, and teamwork. Check.
Abandonment after first blood. Check.

I hate this game so much right now.

shira

Finally able to get 60 views on the Anuxi QOP set. It's good shit. Best item set out IMO.

The spectral hulahoop tooo strong.
iqmY8AuawJjHE.gif

Why would you trade for a hacked set instead of supporting e-sports '3'

Well from the looks of the post, money was paid - just didn't watch the shitty Blaze-cast games.

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161782930&searchtext=
Ifrit by Primrose, Amtyk. theCommie, Say Medic and a Child Dies
for Zenith

A little rough, but might be cool.

637x358.resizedimage

268x268.resizedimage

Juggernaut Omnimaster by Vlad
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=87279485

More proof that modelers are running out of ideas.

The spectral hulahoop tooo strong.
iqmY8AuawJjHE.gif

Well from the looks of the post, money was paid - just didn't watch the shitty Blaze-cast games.

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161782930&searchtext=
Ifrit by Primrose, Amtyk. theCommie, Say Medic and a Child Dies
for Zenith

A little rough, but might be cool.

637x358.resizedimage

268x268.resizedimage

Juggernaut Omnimaster by Vlad
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=87279485

More proof that modelers are running out of ideas.

fkin owls r everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom