• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvana

I don't think so. Professional dota revolves around different things than pub dota. Batrider is excellent for pro dota because once you grab someone they're grabbed until the end of the ult even if he gets stunned and he has better mobility. On the pub side, you don't have to worry as much about people tp'ing in immediately. He's very good at killing solo heroes quickly in a way that batrider is not but since the pro scene is focused around team ganking, Batrider is much better suited in that scene. He's faster and he has a stronger disable if he's being used to disable for teammates rather than expecting to do the damage.

I don't think that means he's the better hero. He's just better suited for use in that scene.

And frankly any hero is likely to hit the pro meta at some point. Someone will use a strat that needs Pudge and suddenly he'll be FOTM.

Dendi still picks up Pudge when the team comp calls for it and generally when he does, he has moderate to high success with the hero. This can mostly be put down to his game sense and playstyle and less down to the hero itself I would say, but he, like any mid game ganker, provides map control and space for your team, which is always important. I think the main reason pros don't pick Pudge up is because he falls off pretty hard in the late game and aside from tank, if he doesn't get tons of kills to get his strength stacks up, he can't do much. Also in pro games its a lot harder to pick people off, because they have incredible positioning, map awareness and tp reaction time, which makes it far more difficult for Pudge to snowball.

Like I said though, Dendi has continued to play Pudge sporadically for a long time now, just not commonly, only when the team comp suits it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Skeleton King seemed pretty fun in lane. Can he do well in jungle too?

It's possible to jungle with him from Level 1, yes, but it's slow. There are faster junglers that are generally more suited to jungling.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can jungle from 1, it's just difficult. And that's a better option than soaking up 4 levels then leaving your lane partner (who's probably support) to fend for themself while buggering off to jungle.

The good thing is that he accelerates very fast once he hits 3.

i would rather soak up 4 level then take twice as long to get my first 3 levels. It isn't that bad if you plan for it and generally works out better.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I actually got thanked tonight for playing support Windrunner well. Had an Anti-Mage in my lane and I kept everyone out of his face and didn't take last hits unless he wasn't around, which got him a Butterfly ridiculously fast, and that was basically that. I was stunned someone actually complimented me for a change.

Of course, in the very next game I got harassed when a very well fed Slark caught a teammate out in the open by himself, because that's how things must go. #publife

Hellraider

Heart on Lifestealer wasn't a good idea.Should have gone with satanic.Satanic Luna anihilated me.Oh well, at least now I know.

Anyways, I am tired of playing with randoms so can I join neogaf guild?

Des0lar

will learn eventually
limited pool games sucks
Don't play em. I don't like them as well. Except for the one time I went Skadi Omniknight. That was fun.
Heart on Lifestealer wasn't a good idea.Should have gone with satanic.Satanic Luna anihilated me.Oh well, at least now I know.

Anyways, I am tired of playing with randoms so can I join neogaf guild?

You have to ask ingame in the Neogaf channel

Hellraider

You have to ask ingame in the Neogaf channel

Incoming noob question.
I can find a neogaf channel that says [18] which I guess is the number or current members in it but joining doesn't show the other members nor seems that anyone can hear me.I have literally never used the channel function.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
limited pool games sucks

I enjoyed my 10 games in it, fun little mode, but I was 3 stacking my way though it and randoming every game.

Where is this new genuine mythical furion staff everyone is talking about? I MUST HAVE IT!

I'm not seeing anyone talking about it, but its going to be included with a Steal Series mouse pad, that should go on sale in a few weeks.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
So.... you can do official mid only and reverse captains mode games:

Hql0pyd.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1iqklo/how_to_play_mid_only_reverse_captains_mode_in/

I have nearly 4 pages of items, no duplicates - how much do you guys think I could sell them for?

Most items cant be sold. Only mythical and above I think.

Wonder if Valve will ever open up the Steam market for common through rares? Probably wont if they think it would hurt key sales.

They should have an in game store tab so you can trade itens more easily. I have some things for heroes I dont use and would like to get rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom