• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT8| DOTA Asian Championship (1/27-2/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

New character? Damn I'm going to have to start playing Dota again. Also, that PA Arcana looks badass, may have to buy it :/
tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Quesa

If there is an IHL I hope teams are formed by captains drafting like the Reddit Leagues. Otherwise it's just gonna be mumblegaf stomping again.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If there is an IHL I hope teams are formed by captains drafting like the Reddit Leagues. Otherwise it's just gonna be mumblegaf stomping again.
Wouldn't the best way to do it is have teams auto calculated based on the ranking we use?

WhaZZa

Neo Member
Long shot but:

G-Man guy voices Oracle.
So Valve re-contracted him.
They wouldn't "bother" him just for one role.

=> They started recording the voices for HL3.

Demoli

Oracle is such a stupid laner. Trilane? Skill purge and pair it with a stun/slow for a 2.5s bind. If the lane already has enough lockdown, just skill the Magic resist and right click 50% harder. He also clicks crazy fast and somewhat strong aswel.

Come level 7 he just nukes at 300 , binds for 2.5 s with only one level in purge and the follow up of magic resist + right clicks or a finishing flames just destroys everyone.

Very reasonable mana costs too.

JC Sera

I'm not sure if those are all kill lines
he seems to have a line for every hero killing their enemies
maybe it plays if they get a kill under false promise?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh also repost from the last thread:

Speaking of which, I would like to get better at Dota and to that end I'm pretty sure what I have to practice most, both to advance in Ranked and to become a better player overall, is both picking and executing on early aggression supports/gankers who can make space for the rest of the team. Do people have some recommendations for who I should take for a spin in ranked? I've had some success with Vengeful Spirit. I tend to shy away from heroes like Timbersaw just because, in a traditional support role at least you can fall back on being the ward carrier/mek builder.

Long shot but:

G-Man guy voices Oracle.
So Valve re-contracted him.
They wouldn't "bother" him just for one role.

=> They started recording the voices for HL3.

I don't see how just one role would be a "bother". It's his job. That said it's not impossible he recorded something else too while he was there lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
some of us dont have an mmr

Er, we don't use the default MMR. It would be like IXDL, you set everyone at say 1000, you win games it goes up, you lose games it goes down. Maybe adjust the starting value based on MMR, Match Making Level, or the number we pull out of a hat so we don't have to slog though a bunch of super unbalanced games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope those have very low clicking priority because I can see it getting old really quickly.

xanavi

So now we know that PA has an innie belly button. I'm not sure what to do with this information but I'm glad Valve sorted that out for us.

edit: oh my goodness she jiggles so much in her spawn animation

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, the old Mega Creeps are now called Super Creeps, and the Mega creeps you get for killing all the Rax are Mega Creeps.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oracles Lore is long IMO:
From the first, Nerif's prophecies were unusual. They seemed not merely to portend the future, but to shape it. The weird soothsayer croaked out advice no one had requested, and suddenly the Cymurri found themselves immersed in conflicts with newfound enemies. The Advisors, sensing a threat to their power, were quick to pin these unwelcome developments on the latest Oracle. They demanded his removal, petitioning the Sybils to reclaim their defective prophet and replace him with a worthy substitute. But Nerif described an ominous dream of the Incubarium's destruction, and within hours came news of the ancient school's destruction in a catastrophic avalanche. Fearing the same fate as the Pallid Sybils, the Advisors withdrew to their counsel chambers, suddenly anxious to avoid the Oracle's notice.
The Graven King, however, was a creature of great practicality. He doubted the commitment of his overprudent Advisors. An Oracle of such rarity, he reasoned, ought be used as a weapon to enlarge his domain. He therefore demoted his timid counselors and stationed Nerif at his side. With only a blunt understanding of Nerif's talent, he boldly stated the outcomes he desired, and coaxed Nerif into uttering his wishes as prophecy.
At first, all was well. The Last Graven King boasted that by adopting Fate's pet, he had made a plaything of Fate itself. He should have taken it as a warning then when, on the eve of his invasion of the Unsated Satrap's realm, he attempted to coerce a prediction of certain victory from his Oracle, only to hear Nerif quietly mutter, "It could go either way." No firmer statement could he force from Nerif's lips. Still, the King was confident in his army. The Satrapy was landlocked, poorly armed, and shut off from all possible allies. He took "It could go either way" to indicate that with tactical might on his side, there was little risk in his plan.
Of course, we now know that he should have taken the sayer's words more literally. Even with careful study of the Annotated Annals of If, what happened on the field before the Unsated Satrap's palace is almost impossible to visualize. It appears that in the midst of the carnage, the battle began to bifurcate. At each pivotal moment, reality calved and broke into bits. Soldiers who staggered and fell in battle also stood sure-footed, forging onward to fight. Their minds also split; the warriors found themselves both dead and alive, existent and non-existent. Victory and defeat were partitioned, so that each separate outcome was experienced in simultaneity by both armies. The universe became a hall of mirrors, with all the mirrors endlessly shattering.
The immediate effect on both parties was insanity. Unable to comprehend the state of being both triumphant and defeated, the Graven King's mind dispersed into motes of madness. The naive Satrap fared no better. The opposing paired realities continued to split and split again, echoing into infinite histories, all of them populated by a bewildered populace that soon lost the ability to feed, clothe, defend, or reproduce itself in the traditional manner.
Long before the repercussions had played out, however, Cymurri's wary Advisors had seized Nerif, bound and gagged him, and launched him out of their universe at high speed on a dimensional barque, in the hopes of depositing him where he could do them no harm forever. It was, of course, too late for them. And may well be for us."

VanMastaIteHab

Neo Member
So what's the deal with Oracle, like what kind of role does he play? I would think he's played as a support, but like what kind of items and builds are usually done on him?

His skills really confuse me lol, other than the ult which just seems insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom