• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 The International 2017 (Aug 7-12) Game of throwns - you win or you pld

I cannot believe that Liquid came back down 0 kills to 7 to win that.

WOW!

I am sad that Legion Commander and QoP lost even though I wanted Liquid to win.

Vimes

Now+if+you+ll+excuse+me+i+have+to+do+something+_2a877d6a5b4993d6c868430868c691b5.png

Airan

My 4k mind cannot comprehend this. It makes a lot of sense but I always thought AM was some invincible beast, especially when played at pro level. The pressure Liquid applied after their rocky start though, holy shit. Newbee never felt like they were ahead. And then the Linkens gaffe by Kpii, GG.

Big-E

Qop and legion despite leads did fuck all. They couldn't feast on anybody and then they just were tickling alchemist and necro and veno.

Syder

Newbee rested on their laurels in Game 1 and got stomped.

They were aggressive in Game 2 and still got stomped in the end.

What do they even do?

I can't see them preventing the 3-0 whitewash.

Are we going to get the first 3-0 TI grand final?

Most likely. I'm barely staying awake there is so little suspense.

Liquid really found something that works and they have enough combinations for their formula (veno, alch, prophet, wisp, kotl, shaker, necro) that you just pick your poison. either way you're drinking poison.

Reminds me of EG's TI win. They had a bunch of heroes they could play and you just couldn't ban away enough to actually stop their strategy.

If Newbee had a solution, they would have picked it already.

Ti4 tier grand final

I really is.

I mean, there was hardly any guarantee they would have won that fight even if they had got the duel off (teammates were kinda far away to follow up), but failing to check the inventory suggests a lot about their mental state.

Jarnet87

What is the appeal of Legion Commander in pro scene: press the attack and the lock down from duel? Doesn't feel like she can ever get enough duels to become a huge damage dealer like in pubs.

Big-E

LIQUID MY GORGEOUS GIANT MANLY SONS

The point was people were calling the game a loss for Liquid before we even had the defining teamfights that eventually won TL the game. It's nonsensical.

Mising games and reading through the thread to find out what happened is hilarious as a group always calls gg and then another group will call gg, never knowing when the game actually is over.

Top Bottom