• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 The International 2017 (Aug 7-12) Game of throwns - you win or you pld

Vimes

Even if it's 3-0 we'll always have that lower bracket run. No question that Liquid deserves this.

LFY vs Newbee was damn good too

Qop and legion despite leads did fuck all. They couldn't feast on anybody and then they just were tickling alchemist and necro and veno.

Yeh. That Anti-Mage was completely underwhelming. Dunno if he should've gone BKB before Linkens or so but, man, what did he even do in any fight?

Shinypogs

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I swear last years finals was better than this.

I'm expecting a liquid sweep and it makes me unhappy but I can't in good conscience say that they won't deserve the win. Whether I like their tactics or not they are pulling these games off and they have provided some of the more interesting games and series this tournament.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Most likely. I'm barely staying awake there is so little suspense.

Liquid really found something that works and they have enough combinations for their formula (veno, alch, prophet, wisp, shaker, necro) that you just pick your poison. either way you're drinking poison.

Reminds me of EG's TI win. They had a bunch of heroes they could play and you just couldn't ban away enough to actually stop their strategy.

If Newbee had a solution, they would have picked it already.

I really is.
Yeah, Newbee doesn't seem to have any idea of what to do. Should have been LFY up here with Liquid.

Yeah, no kidding. It's been unspectacular so far. Newbee looks so weak.

all those extra games played allowed Liquid to perfect their strategy. and perfected it they have.

Yeah, Newbee doesn't seem to have any idea of what to do. Should have been LFY up here with Liquid.

LFY would have won their games, then. But I agree LFY is probably the better team compared to Newbee...but they weren't on the day they needed to be. Probably the BO5 we deserved.

Dota fans are baffling.

Loving seeing one team utterly dismantle another. Sometimes one team truly is the best.

You can't be serious. Everyone enjoys a competitive match. Dota or otherwise.

G.ZZZ

Mediterranean brothers confirmed superior
DatSheffy.png
DatSheffy.png

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Idk how this final plays out, this has been the most entertaining dota meta wise probably ever.

traveler

Not Wario
LFY still feels like the most dominant team of the tourney. I didn't even want them near the trophy but a liquid/LFY finals would have been way more hype.

Rawmee

Neo Member
Idk how this final plays out, this has been the most entertaining dota meta wise probably ever.

I disagree so much, theres way too many cancerous heroes that are viable. Reminds me of that dark time when brood was 1st pickable

Syder

Fans want a 3-2 series where Newbee has a close game 5 but Liquid comes out on top of some epic fight that came down to a single clutch move.
This is literally the perfect outcome so I'm expecting Newbee to GG out of Game 3 in 25 minutes.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I disagree so much, theres way too many cancerous heroes that are viable. Reminds me of that dark time when brood was 1st pickable
Like who? It is always the case that teams find comfort picks over the course of the tournament, but no hero has been exceedingly strong regardless of who's playing.

Fuchsdh

What is the appeal of Legion Commander in pro scene: press the attack and the lock down from duel? Doesn't feel like she can ever get enough duels to become a huge damage dealer like in pubs.

There's still the lockdown ability, and even this TI the Legions have been getting +100 dmg over the course of a game. It's not the roflstomp hero it is in pubs but it can still be quite effective.

Like who? It is always the case that teams find comfort picks over the course of the tournament, but no hero has been exceedingly strong regardless of who's playing.

Yeah if these heroes were totally imbalanced, taking them away from TL and adding them to your draft should have been changing these outcomes, and they generally haven't.

Lich is a boring hero to be tier 1 or 2, but overall the meta is pretty entertaining and diverse. I just wish we had gotten LFY vs Liquid in the finals.

My 4k mind cannot comprehend this. It makes a lot of sense but I always thought AM was some invincible beast, especially when played at pro level. The pressure Liquid applied after their rocky start though, holy shit. Newbee never felt like they were ahead. And then the Linkens gaffe by Kpii, GG.

Imagine if the best mids in the world established map control and the best supports in the world died so you could live and farm in a pub game.

Rawmee

Neo Member

I don't mean that cancerous heroes like veno, necro, alch, brood, huskar, bs are overpowered I just dislike watching them

ZugZug123

Lich is a boring hero to be tier 1 or 2, but overall the meta is pretty entertaining and diverse. I just wish we had gotten LFY vs Liquid in the finals.

When I used to play DOTA 2, Lich was one of my most used heroes and I never got to see him picked on the earlier TIs. I am kinda happy to see him on so many matches this TI. Not sure what happened to make him viable, I do not understand DOTA's strategies well (reason why I stopped playing it and only watch it now).

There used to be an item that made the bouncing go on forever as long as there were opponents or even enemy creeps around to chain it, is it still a thing? It was expensive and as a support I kept being told off for trying to get enough money for it ;P

Top Bottom