• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 The International 2017 (Aug 7-12) Game of throwns - you win or you pld

Qvoth

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/The_International/2017/Group_Stage
so is c9 and fnatic out?
misc-fEEd.png

Anno

*turns on EG Liquid, sees Void vs. Brood mid* Dota has become a weird game. Also this looks like EG could get a good Brooding.

Qvoth

does the last teams of each group being kicked thing happen at the end of each day or at the end of this group phase? if so then c9 and fnatic still has a chance to survive

Xeteh

What? You mean carry Veno just isn't doing it?

I still don't get why they weigh the pick so heavily, yeah they have some games where he just does insane damage and ends up practically unkillable but it feels like more games he's just totally there to ult and die.

Anno

I don't really understand a lot of EG's drafts as of late. Like what does this draft do? It kinda teamfights, but it can't really take objectives afterwards very well. And you last pick a mid Void into a lineup that's gonna crush it.

If nothing else, EG should learn from this game that Universe is the Void player, not Sumail.

does the last teams of each group being kicked thing happen at the end of each day or at the end of this group phase? if so then c9 and fnatic still has a chance to survive
End of the group phase. Main stage is 16 teams.

Usobuko

Banned
Truth is TNC and iG.V are good teams. iG.V matches against Liquid was a close affair, much closer than this EG vs Liquid match.

EG results today aren't really that unexpected.

Qvoth

liquid literally picked a zoo push team, earthshaker would've been insanely good for eg but liquid took him 1st
great draft by kuroky, and i think cr1t picked rtz veno because he's a good high ground defender and can push as well

EG does not feel like a team with a plan when it comes to drafting right now.

Not that you could plan for that Liquid draft..wtf was that.

scarybore

That was quite the spanking. NP into Veno was a nice touch, shut down the typical Arteezy pushing play as he couldn't bully the NP out of lane as the wards and treants cancelled each other out. All year Arteezy does little with farm so with sumail struggling on a void, very hard to see EG coming back unless Liquid made several mistakes.

Still think EG rely too much on individual skill, but judging from all the peeps putting EG to win I guess I'm in the minority.

mitchlol

I have a question about the predictions that are made available when watching in the client. Can I make my predictions then move onto a different match and make another round of predictions or do I have to stay and watch the entire match through for the predictions to count?

Also what do you get for a correct prediction?

I have a question about the predictions that are made available when watching in the client. Can I make my predictions then move onto a different match and make another round of predictions or do I have to stay and watch the entire match through for the predictions to count?

Also what do you get for a correct prediction?
You can move on once the predictions are made.

All you get in group stage is an achievement for 1000 gems if you get 25 predictions right.

For the main event there are 3 achievements that total 8000 gems if you get 50 right.

Usobuko

Banned
Wow 2 LGD teams are at the top.

Feels like TI.

LGD teams are strong for anyone who watched chinese qualifer but they haven't really played strong teams yet.

Liquid performance on day one is even more impressive if they 2-0 EG.

Chris R

Did the Secret Store ever get re setup? Or will I have to buy things next Friday in person?

edit: EG gonna get rolled again :(

Hylian7

Did the Secret Store ever get re setup? Or will I have to buy things next Friday in person?

edit: EG gonna get rolled again :(
I've been wondering the same thing. There's nothing about pre-orders or how the shop will be yet. Can't pre-order anything yet though.

Top Bottom