• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 The International 2017 (Aug 7-12) Game of throwns - you win or you pld

Chris R

damn i was watching at work earlier today with no sound so i didn't know

valve hasn't fixed this all day?

It is maybe ~1.5 seconds behind when watching in client as well. Just now LD was like "No global" while it was being cast.

Cels

at least EG looks like they have a good shot to salvage day 1 with a tie with liquid. they looked so bad i thought they would go 0-2 to liquid

traveler

Not Wario
That Elder Titan you like is going to come back in style

I've been wondering the same thing. There's nothing about pre-orders or how the shop will be yet. Can't pre-order anything yet though.

Yeah, I wish they'd at least give us a sentence or something on this. I really don't want to stand in line, but radio silence from Valve. Guess that's kind of their MO.

Edit: Beautiful flame break

Xeteh

Liquid can't kill anything this game unless GH gets a massive Echo.

I like LD but he's such a bad caster. It's like he doesn't think about what he's saying at all

How can you say that while he's in the game with Lumi who's primary language is English and he can barely speak it?

Usobuko

Banned
Good confidence boost if EG pulls one back.

Bodes well for day 2 and they played most of the top teams in group A already.

traveler

Not Wario
What was the shortest game today? I saw EG finish one in the 15 - 20 minute bracket, but didn't see if there was anything shorter.

Sibylus

Banned
gg, rough loss but a great day 1 nonetheless
team_liquid.gif

Cvie

Miracle
Midone
Khezu
Yapzor
Zai

I went hard in on Secret because I thought they had one of the easier days for the teams with 6 games.

Qvoth

predictions for bottom 3 for each group
A: infamous igv fnatic
B: exec hr c9
not in order, any of these might be out imo

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have really not feeling EG since PPD left the team. At least VP looks good, hoping they go far.

Hoping for C9 to bounce back. At the very least I want them to be in the main event.

ElNarez

Banned
hey guys what's your fantasy points for today, i'm 429,22

490.96, lineup was Maybe, Miracle, Mind_Control, Yapzor and Kuro.

Only thing I feel could've gone better is if I had somehow foreseen Miposhka outscoring the second best off-laner (which was Mind_Control) by SEVENTEEN GODDAMN POINTS.

shira

TI7 Group Stages Day 2 of 4: 20 Bo2 Matches

Today has twenty Bo2 groupstage matches, five sets of four simultaneous games, times are general estimates - they started early Monday:

B3: Newbee/OG, VP/LFY, iG/DC, XctN/HR
t1501777800z4.png

A4: Secret/TNC, LGD/iGV, EG/Empire, Liquid/Infamous
t1501786800z4.png

B4: VP/C9, LFY/iG, Newbee/XctN, OG/HR
t1501795800z4.png

A5: Liquid/LGD, Secret/iGV, TNC/Empire, Fnatic/Infamous
t1501804800z4.png

B5: OG/VP, LFY/C9, iG/XctN, DC/HR
t1501813800z4.png
Day 2 hypu
aegis_2017.gif

LGD vs Liquid and OG vs VP are must watches

Woo-Fu

Banned
is there a particularly great game or a really unique strategy worth watching guys?

Liquid vs. EG game was a show by Liquid. I'm not sure what you'd call it, but it was effectively a global strat that gave them control of the entire map for most of the game, required an incredible level of team coordination, and left EG heads spinning as they constantly looked for the teamfight their draft was built for---but which Liquid was uninterested in giving them.

The only problem is that Liquid showed that strat in group stage in a series they didn't take.

So great game for them but now everyone knows about it.

Perhaps an advantage later when people have to ban against or just come up with a strat ahead of time. It really caught EG off guard though..

LGD went 6-0... damn.

Need to rethink my fantasy team. Managed a decent haul of 451 though.

451 is pretty solid. I only managed 378.

Number of Series Teams Play Today:

OG - 3 (Newbee, HR, VP)
iG - 3 (DC, LFY, XctN)
VP - 3 (OG, LFY, C9)
LFY - 3 (VP, iG, C9)
XctN - 3 (iG, HR, Newbee)
HR - 3 (OG, XctN, DC)

Newbee - 2
LGD - 2
DC - 2
Secret - 2
TNC - 2
iG.v - 2
Empire - 2
Liquid - 2
Inf - 2
C9 - 2

EG - 1
Fnatic - 1

Probably best to focus on teams playing 6 matches today.

Fuchsdh

Looks like average among my friends is 430ish (highest 470), so I feel good about where I'm at. Predictions in!

451 is pretty solid. I only managed 378.

Number of Series Teams Play Today:

OG - 3 (Newbee, HR, VP)
iG - 3 (DC, LFY, XctN)
VP - 3 (OG, LFY, C9)
LFY - 3 (VP, iG, C9)
XctN - 3 (iG, HR, Newbee)
HR - 3 (OG, XctN, DC)

Newbee - 2
LGD - 2
DC - 2
Secret - 2
TNC - 2
iG.v - 2
Empire - 2
Liquid - 2
Inf - 2
C9 - 2

EG - 1
Fnatic - 1

Probably best to focus on teams playing 6 matches today.

I believe IG and LFY are ez points today, OG can easily get dumpstered by VP and newbee, that being said if you have an Ana card use him

Top Bottom