• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Not sure why you bought the helm of the dominator? It doesn't really help with farming since you're gonna outpace the creep with blink. Should have completed your yasha into manta. Not only because it helps vs drow silence but also your mana drain spikes up. Its just a really good item.

Bkb is fine imo, could have gone aghs or linken's. Wouldn't have worked if it was venge swap if aghs, but it would have helped vs dk stun or reflect an abyssal or venge stun.

Also grab an abyssal. Can't really ignore that item on AM. Good lockdown, would take it over maelstrom.

Thanks! I bought the HoD because I thought it would help with lifesteal but it definitely wasn't making the difference I hoped it would.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I had someone flame me the other day because i bought helm on necro. He all chatted "Fucking retard necro bought lifesteal."
Reminds me of the time a jungle Legion flamed Invoker for taking invoke level 1.

G.ZZZ

The worst thing about working by far is that i can't watch RTZ strim anymore since he stream late night EU time.

FML

Renoir

so i haven't played in a loooooong time. Just found out that dota has their own monkey king?!
What else is new that really is a must know? do i need to start from scratch and look at the purge vids again?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Most of that is theory crafting talent trees. I would just skip that.

Gaaraz

More disables are never a bad thing. The 20 deaths on Jugg along with him having the lowest gpm on the team definitely didn't help.

The only bkb in the entire game was on WK. A bkb on any Dire hero blocks nearly everything meaningful from Radiant, from Naga's song to every single stun they had (except Naga's net, which isn't a stun).

Imo if you were helping support, Mekansm/Greaves are super good on Necro and I would have gotten them over phase > blademail.
Thanks! Yeah you're right, we had a few stuns/disables in our team (windranger, techies, treant) but weren't able to utilise the last two most of the time due to positioning, so something like a sheep stick could've been perfect vs weaver in particular.

I didn't even consider BKB but you're right that it would've been great up against their lineup. I usually play support Necro and always get Mek/Greaves, you're right that it would've been a much better option. I was playing super greedy and carrying hard (I think at one point 14-2) but it was a mistake going into late game like that. I was hoping it wouldn't have got that far :(

Dunno about radiance. Shiva's guard would have been useful not only because of the dmg vs illusions but also for armor and attack speed slow.

If you wanted to go blademail, then the next item that helps would have been octarine since it would heal you and all your abilities and radiance would heal you as well and 25% lower cd for all abilities and items.

Problem is jakiro got pipe so your radiance's dmg is mostly negated.

Dagon is a good item when you want to solo kill people. Dagon 3's cd is the same as aghs with your level 3 ult.
Thanks, that's a great shout about Shiva's - the extra armour and attack speed slow would've been very useful, and would've benefited the team also. Radiance was great against Naga and Weaver in particular, but as the game went on it became more and more useless (as you mentioned that was probably due to Jakiro getting a pipe). I definitely should've gone for Octarine, I ended up with so many items by the 32 minute point that I didn't even know what to get next. Possibly I should've sold Blademail even to get Octarine.

Edit: I can't believe we lost with a 15k gold and a 15k experience lead :(

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hardest quest so far is the damn get a kill or assist after using euls.

I buy it everygame get a kill about 5 seconds after using it but it does not count?!
aaaah.gif

Hardest quest so far is the damn get a kill or assist after using euls.

I buy it everygame get a kill about 5 seconds after using it but it does not count?!
aaaah.gif

No idea about quests but getting a kill with Eul's is most reliably done by having a Dazzle on the enemy team and cycloning the guy he saves with 1hp at the end of the Grave.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
SF, Lina and Invoker are also good for the euls quest

shira

So is it DC?

What is the tiebreaker?

Matt said:
In a case when 2 teams have equal points, winner is the team with an advantage in personal meetings. If they are 1-1, they will play a bo1 to break the tie.
In a case when three or more teams have equal points
advantage in personal meetings between all three teams
if teams still tied, tie-braker matches will be played
Tie-breaker rules
‘Best of one' Round-Robin;
if tiebreakers cannot determine a winner, time rating will be used on the matches from the tiebreakers.

shira

- two groups of four GSL style qualifier into 4 team playoff
- two Bo3 online matches/day each region

t1486094400z1.png

SEA (Lumi & Tsunami643)
1. Faceless vs SigTrust
followed by
2. WGU vs NG(vietnamese stack)

t1486119600z1.png

CIS (Lyrical & Trentpax)
1. VP vs Effect(afoninje stack)
followed by
2. Spirit(fng stack) vs LQ(funn1k stack)

t1486130400z1.png

EU (Cap & Godz)
1. AF vs Bears(fata stack)
followed by
2. Navi vs Secret

t1486155600z1.png

NA (?)
1. DC vs Wanted(PPD stack)
followed by
2. Col vs TF (BSJ stack)

shira

Who are the top 10 teams at the moment?

Tier 1: EG, OG
Tier 2 : DC, Newbee, Wings

The other teams are not consistent enough to judge or do not qualify for LANs on a consistent basis.
Like Ad Finem came 2nd in Boston, but are probably not going to play another non-Valve LAN for a while.

Qvoth

Tier 1: EG, OG
Tier 2 : DC, Newbee, Wings

The other teams are not consistent enough to judge or do not qualify for LANs on a consistent basis.
Like Ad Finem came 2nd in Boston, but are probably not going to play another non-Valve LAN for a while.

no way dc is tier 2
still not convinced wings has returned to their form yet

Top Bottom