• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Red UFO

Did something change with the way creeps work and it went undocumented or what? I swear every game I've been in/seen today has had like, 5 ranged creeps from each side in the safe lane at the 1:30 mark

shira

- Double Elimination Playoffs
- two scheduled Bo3 online matches/region
- times and schedules subject to Perfect Worlding

t1486623600z1.png

SEA (Lumi & guest)
1. TNC(Raven) vs Mineski(Meracle) [Elimination]
followed by
2. Faceless(Black) vs WGU(Ajit)

t1486648800z1.png

EU (Cap & Godz)
1. Secret(Puppey) vs C9(babyknight) [Elimination]
followed by
2. Bears(fata) vs Liquid(Miracle-)

CIS and NA continue on a staggered schedule
CIS: Effect(afoninje), Empire(fn), Vega(g), Spirit(bzz)
NA: Col, NP, Onyx(Jimmy), DC

Only one team from each region qualifies to DAC LAN

Doom:
* Level 10 Talent from +8 Intelligence to +80 Devour Bonus Gold
* Level 10 Talent from +150 Health to +250
* Level 15 Talent from +6 Armor to +15 Scorched Earth Damage/Heal
* Level 15 Talent from +15 Movement Speed to +20
* Level 20 Talent from +65 Damage to +35 Doom DPS
Good.

Gooooooooooood.

NBtoaster

jesus. I bet Icefrog is so happy he can change 8 more things per hero now

Yeah it allows much more fine tuning of how strong heroes are over the game.

Like the Necro change, his movespeed drops at level 1 but he can get it back at level 15:

Necrophos:
* Agility gain from 1.7 to 1.2
* Movement speed from 290 to 285
* Level 15 Talent from +15 Movement Speed to +20

inkls

Blade mail can no longer heal from returned damage is pretty big. Ember and QoP ruining it for every other hero

Looking at some of the talent changes.

Arc warden. Don't think I'd take the extra flux DPS over the attack speed. Maybe the 200 HP at 15 could be picked, still prefer the 20 dmg.

Doom level 10 talent giving +80 devour gold is pretty good. +15 scorched earth heal/DPS at level 15 brings it back the pre nerf values I think?

root now disables ember Spirit remnant YESSSSS storm is avenged.

They buffed kunkka's cleave distance and radius!

I can't believe they let lone druid keep that range talent... I'm gonna miss that hero :/

They made mk's ult no longer persist through aegis like I was hoping they would.

Cool talent changes for nyx.

I'm surprised they didn't touch the level 25 storm spirit talent. +0.7s pull duration is nothing compared to +10% spell amp.

Nerf treant pls wth

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
FUCKIGN 1 AGI GAIN ARE U FUCKING KDIDING ME FROM 1.9 TO 1.0

FUCKING 23 ATTK SPEED, 3 ARMOR

FUCK U TOAD

srsly tho fuck that nerf

Alastor3

I stopped playing about a year ago because me and my friend's MMR got so bad because we tried all the characters in alphabetical order.

Should I see what's update 7.00 is?

That skill with the lvl sound dumb, just unbalance for someone who will be able to lvlup faster

Qvoth

wtf new patch outta nowhere
brb reading

edit:
battlefury and am buffs, we'll probably see more of him now?
blademail lifesteal qop got nerfed a bit
bh buffs wtf? he's already a very good roaming support, might be insane now?
doom might be good again?
root nerfing activate ember remnant is pretty big nerf imo
good to see lone druid nerf
naga siren ensnare cooldown reduction talent + octarine gives me 6.75 secs for a 5 second root, might be huge

Armaros

Ember gets fucked over with the Root change.

THANK GOD. bullshit that he was able to escape the new CC and storm was trapped and ded.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What would he need to build in order to get it back? I remember you saying he'd want Treads+Midas to make up for Feral Impulse so those + Armlet or Maelstrom or something?

idk i honestly haven't played lycan in awhile (haven't played much dota) so i'm not sure about the build these days. i'll have to experiment between necro vs. armlet lycan and if the greed (midas) is worth it or not. before all these changes echo saber was pretty good on lycan but now it's absolutely core between the heightened mana costs and pitiful attack speed, the question is do you go necro after or something like armlet + BKB

while midas is nice and i'd love to fit it in (and have or have wanted to in the past), it's pretty greedy and a hero like lycan just wants to get a few core items and then end the game -- he's still not a strong late game carry, even more so in these recent couple patches with talents turning every hero into a late game behemoth really

so probably going to play around with treads --> echo --> necro --> ac (if enemy team doesn't have cleavers or axe/doom/enchant/chen) and treads --> echo --> armlet --> bkb (if enemy team has some of those heroes). will have to experiment with jamming a vlads, midas, or both somewhere in there. the nerfs do make me sad though cause i wasn't much of a fan of necro lycan in these recent patches, but icefrog is definitely trying to reinforce that again to my dismay :/

perhaps after all these crushing agi gain nerfs though he's better played as a jungler/offlaner or even a mid instead of a straight safe laner. give the safe lane to someone more reliable/durable and treat lycan as a secondary core / aura bot. With feral impulse he can navigate pretty well anywhere, and I honestly think he's probably a much better #2 or #3 utility/pushing carry rather than a hero you want to throw all of your weight behind. will be interesting to see how the pros utilize him and if the new op howl will just crush games or not

I got the impression that the changes to Feral Impulse and Howl meant Frog wanted Lycan to build Armlet and fight early. They both counteract the HP drain in some way.

Armlet vs Necro sounds like it'd be on a game by game basis so I see your point

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I got the impression that the changes to Feral Impulse and Howl meant Frog wanted Lycan to build Armlet and fight early. They both counteract the HP drain in some way.

Armlet vs Necro sounds like it'd be on a game by game basis so I see your point

echo/armlet was definitely my go to build at the start of 7.0 but the agi gain nerfs reduce the power of going all in on your hero relative to your summons i'll just have to play the hero this patch to see if i still like the straight fighter build as much as i did in 7.0, but I suspect all that attack speed loss might push me back towards the necro build-up :(.

one thing i also kind of overlooked at initial glance is solar crest -- it's always been decently good on lycan but again there are just 12959250 items you want to buy on this hero (and so I didn't opt for it in 6.88 and 7.0), but after the buff it might be worth it again. +-12 armor is pretty big and it did get a cost reduction as well recently. not to mention roSH

elyetis

I don't undersstand why Warlock get a buff while Techies get a nerf, they stood at a good ( and pretty much the same ) place.
Less luna, shadow demon and lone druid will feel good.
Tusk buff is real.
I'll try to ban AM in every game.

Twookie

i dunno about that no spell vamp from damage taken with blade mail activated nerf

now qop is back to the dumpster again :( her new talent choice is actually so garbage too since shadowstrike don't stack like dazzle's poison does, it just refreshes.

also lmao @ new lycan

wolves need no armor, but goddamn if they don't need a lot of attack speed

Twookie

Is the Tusk buff enough you guys think?
I thought the main issue with Tusk was that all of his spells(apart from sigil) were nerfed pretty heavily -> not that good anymore

I haven't played Tusk in quite some time, so I'll need to test so I'm not sure these talent buffs are enough but we'll see

Those Underlord nerfs oof

Hylian7

Is Dark Moon still playable as a custom game? I really hope Valve releases that way, because it actually was fun to play, even without the hats.

What the hell was that initiation...

Secret just look... really bad. Like, C9 isn't terrible, but they are probably a lower end Tier 2 team and Secret looks noticeably worse than they do.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Is Dark Moon still playable as a custom game? I really hope Valve releases that way, because it actually was fun to play, even without the hats.

Element TD scratches that tower defense itch for me pretty well. Highly polished too but I haven't played it in a few months.

Artanisix

Is the Tusk buff enough you guys think?
I thought the main issue with Tusk was that all of his spells(apart from sigil) were nerfed pretty heavily -> not that good anymore

I haven't played Tusk in quite some time, so I'll need to test so I'm not sure these talent buffs are enough but we'll see

Those Underlord nerfs oof

I played Tusk yesterday (admittedly in a much lower skill game than what would be considered fair) but my initial impression is that the changes are *fantastic*. Grabbing 35% extra XP at 10 causes you to just explode with levels, so you can get high levels of Walrus Punch quickly and get your good talents (recommend snowball talent over gpm, I made a mistake with going gpm I think). I'd love to test him in a more competitive match, but his talents feel great now.

I'm also eyeballing some sort of core Bounty Hunter with aghs. Haven't really had the time to theorycraft and test it all the way yet though.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if you play core BH do you still roam on him or do you lane and abuse timing on shadow walk and jinada to harass ppl to death?

Top Bottom