• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Assuming Liquid and OG get direct invites all they have to beat is Alliance, B)ears, Ad Finem, Cloud9. If Ad Finem is also given a direct invite it gets much harder.

I severely doubt Ad Finem gets a direct invite. They haven't really done anything since Boston.

I expect Kiev invites to be; EG, Wings, OG, Liquid, Newbee, and DC honestly. I can't think of any other teams that really deserve a direct invite. Maybe Virtus Pro? But that's a stretch.

For Valve events the top 4-5 have always been invited from the last tournament.

Usually they play decently well after--Ad Finem hasn't really done jack shit since Boston. They have failed to qualify for the 2 events they tried to, and placed in the bottom half of EM3.

shira

Usually they play decently well after--Ad Finem hasn't really done jack shit since Boston. They have failed to qualify for the 2 events they tried to, and placed in the bottom half of EM3.

tSXMbJP.png

There have been 4 LAN's since Boston and 2 huge breaks for 7.00 and Chinese New Year.

There was a direct invite only tournament in China for December.
The online qualifiers for ESL(November) and Dotapit(October) were before Boston.
They didn't play in WESG.
They missed out on SLi by one spot
They got destroyed in DAC qualifiers
Nobody cares about EM3

Twookie

watching arteezy+sumail vs fear play that 1hr30min game was actually emotionally draining holy shit

it's like my soul got sucked right outta me

M.D

I hope OG can win TI this year.
Fly and n0tail are already the 2 most accomplished players in Dota 2, at least in terms of number of Valve events. As well as the best and longest lasting duo. if OG can win TI it pretty much seals the deal for Fly being the best captain in the history of the game.

I think it's ppd and fly, and no one else comes close.
People bring up Puppey all the time as a third or even the best among them these 3, but IMO it's not even close.
Puppey's glory days were mostly when Dota as a game was in its early days, and the level of Dots that was being played is not comparable to what's going on now. It's not even the same as it was when Secret had that amazing run prior to TI, and I'm pretty sure S4 was the captain or at least the crafter in that period.

ppd and fly have been way more secsussful more recently and both proved themselves as actual captains when they took unproven young talents and made them into superstars, and won big.
Fly managed to it twice which is pretty amazing on its own, and if he can end this year with a win at TI he is pretty much the undisputed GOAT.

I think ROTK is my favourite Dota player now.

edit: I don't think OG get the recognition they deserve imo, winning the international is certainly a huge accomplishment, what they've achieved should command more respect and admiration.

tri_willy

rtz got alot of his climb from euw

747 is useast exclusive 9k

aka hardest region

was going to say the same thing haha, rtz did it in the euro servers???

nice to see fear getting close to dat 8k

Is it me or is DC getting fatigued??? Their performances have been underwhelming as of late

Tbf I dont really know how the community views them - I meant in general, their placement in dota history as being a top top top top tier team, not just for now but looking back.

Fevaweva

I feel like VG.J's downfall will be that they 'have' to ban Wisp and Lone Druid. It just lets through too many good heroes for Liquid.

Top Bottom