• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Dreams, you care to go a little more in depth into the evolution of your thought process between ordering that thing and wanting rid of it? I mean this with as little shade as possible, I'm just genuinely curious how one goes from thinking "I'm going to spend x hundred dollars on a giant plastic statue of a waifu riding a lion" and then course correcting.

Chris R

Still pissed the in game item is the bunny. Would have kept my order but I feel better just having the $$$ in my account instead of the kinda cool statue (with no real good place to display it) and the hat that will become good in the future :(

Dreams, you care to go a little more in depth into the evolution of your thought process between ordering that thing and wanting rid of it? I mean this with as little shade as possible, I'm just genuinely curious how one goes from thinking "I'm going to spend x hundred dollars on a giant plastic statue of a waifu riding a lion" and then course correcting.
Dreams is a hat baron, as much as he says otherwise. The statue is secondary to the bunny.

Reven

Lol. I have noticed queue times getting excessively longer over the last 2 weeks or so. I still pray for the return of what we saw for that 1 week where the distance based matchmaking was working, it was a lot more enjoyable being able to communicate with my team.

Hylian7

Since when does Press the Attack not count as "Hero Healing"?

https://www.opendota.com/matches/3025714433

Ironically, I did this yesterday and jungled LC when we were just talking about that in this thread. I also got a Blink pretty damn fast and was able to contribute. Also, if for whatever reason (and I usually don't recommend it, but if you are) you are jungling in a lower level pub, just get a TP with your boots. If mid gets dived, you TP and cancel unless you know you can contribute something significant. In the game above my friend (the Zeus) was getting dived and both CM and I TP'd, and the Jugg ran away. I cancelled and the CM didn't, because I was level 4 or 5 when this happened.

Since when does Press the Attack not count as "Hero Healing"?

Unless I'm mistaken it doesn't register in the game as a healing effect, it just ramps up the hero's health regen meaning you're technically just "recovering" health, not healing it. It's similar to why Shrines don't count as Hero Healing. Interestingly enough Lifesteal Aura's do count as Hero Healing.

shira

3000669.jpg

Valve Corporation and Dark Horse Books are proud to present this complete collection of the web comics produced by Valve that dive deeper into the many characters and events from the game. Collected for the first time ever, DOTA 2: The Comic Collection is a must-have item for comics fans and DOTA heroes alike.
http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3000-669/DOTA-2-The-Comic-Collection-HC
Publication Date: July 19, 2017
Format: FC, 200 pages; HC, 11'' x 9''
Price: $24.99
Age range: 14
ISBN-10: 1-50670-348-8
ISBN-13: 978-1-50670-348-0

underlord is just the best hero in the god damn game at 3k mmr.

Has a good disable? ✔️️
Keeps your Idiots alive? ✔️️
Builds arcane boots? ✔️️

Best hero in the fucking game

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member

Has a good disable? ✔️️
Builds arcane boots? ✔️️

Offlane in general is such a good lane to climb with plus it's hardly ever contested. I miss spamming timber for guranteed mmr.

Offlane in general is such a good lane to climb with plus it's hardly ever contested. I miss spamming timber for guranteed mmr.

I dont pick timber anymore cause I usually end up first picking so no one loses gold and also he doesn't have a disable and i don't trust my dumb team mates to pick good disables

Jadax

Has a good disable? ✔️️
Builds arcane boots? ✔️️

Most people still don't know how to play against this hero.

Go to attack, but realise he's fucking axe in disguise.

No problem, gank him - oh wait what are those green things raining from the sky...oh shit they are doing a lot of damage.

Ok time to run away, gank failed - oh wtf is this goddam ring with shit rooting me in place.

Oh look our teammates are here to save the day, turn around and go attack him again - hmm what's that aoe spell/ring around underlord, oh well no worries we got this 4v1 - and wtf?! Where did he go?

And I haven't even talked about his passive aura. Yep. He's an awesome underused hero.

Most people still don't know how to play against this hero.

Go to attack, but realise he's fucking axe in disguise.

No problem, gank him - oh wait what are those green things raining from the sky...oh shit they are doing a lot of damage.

Ok time to run away, gank failed - oh wtf is this goddam ring with shit rooting me in place.

Oh look our teammates are here to save the day, turn around and go attack him again - hmm what's that aoe spell/ring around underlord, oh well no worries we got this 4v1 - and wtf?! Where did he go?

And I haven't even talked about his passive aura. Yep. He's an awesome underused hero.

Remember when underlord was like stealth broken and than iceforg made him even better when putting him in cm? I started getting atos on him recently for 6 seconds of root, shits dumb.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
idt it's much of a secret that underlord is lowkey busted...an offlaner with a 53% wr? most ppl stay away from him becuase he's boring not because they think he's bad.

Demoli

Theres nothing lowkey about underlord being broken.

I cant believe that, after buffing root to insane levels, they made pit reapply throghout its duration instead of once. Not to mention its the only non ulti aoe root.

I randomed Pit Lord the day he was released and it was some of the most boring time I've had with Dota. Him along with Abaddon make a game of Dota about as fun as Big Rigs.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I wish it was a bit more obvious when you're gonna get stuck in pit...sometimes you barely even seem to clip it and you get rooted.

Gaaraz

Hey guys, I'm trying to do the 'Timely Interruption' quest - playing Venge I swapped with CM whilst she had just started his ulti but it didn't count, any idea why not please? :(

Red UFO

Hey guys, I'm trying to do the 'Timely Interruption' quest - playing Venge I swapped with CM whilst she had just started his ulti but it didn't count, any idea why not please? :(
Venge swap is super weird for quests. It doesn't count for the repositioning quests either.

I recommend silencer.

Gaaraz

I randomed Pit Lord the day he was released and it was some of the most boring time I've had with Dota. Him along with Abaddon make a game of Dota about as fun as Big Rigs.
Two of my favourite heroes right now :) I really like playing the #4 position - I feel like it has less responsibility than mid, hard carry of support, but you're still able to really help out he team with these sort of heroes. I play Necrophos as a number 4 a lot too!

Top Bottom