• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

t1488553200z4.png

http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/kievmajor/

Sigh, low priority is such bullshit. I played an unranked game as a carry Oracle because its a fun hero, didn't flame anyone and did some decent teamwork. We ended up losing and apparently everyone reported me so welp. I mean, I don't really mind - I can still do battle pass quests and have only ever lost one game in low prio, but ending up there over and over again simply because I like playing heroes/builds that aren't LE META is making this game really fucking boring in the long run.

Best Priority Queue

Man, consoles are on a run lately. I honestly considered them plain redundant 2009-2015 if you had a strong enough computer, but slowly but surely their combined exclusive library is looking vast and very high quality. Loved my PS4 Pro purchase and I have a hard time resisting the Switch..

I'm honestly starting to appreciate video games like I did as a kid, almost at least.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just started playing Pillars of Eternity for the first time this week. Fuck a console.

shira

Reveal strim
www.twitch.tv/cyborgmatt

Man, consoles are on a run lately. I honestly considered them plain redundant 2009-2015 if you had a strong enough computer, but slowly but surely their combined exclusive library is looking vast and very high quality. Loved my PS4 Pro purchase and I have a hard time resisting the Switch..

I'm honestly starting to appreciate video games like I did as a kid, almost at least.
I stand firm. Never buy launch hw. Let others beta test it for you.

Twookie

I agree with Imp. Lately, console exclusives have absolutely redeemed my purchases, and these last few months have been insane with really good games.
Now, for me PC gaming has always been good, but there hasn't really been a game for me that has made me like "damn I need a PC" or "I need to upgrade my pc for this"

although I thought/hoped that if I purchased a much better card that I had before, I would get the urge to try out new games with nice GFX and shit but that went south...

the only pc-games I have played for a long time has either been MMO's, moba's or overwatch/csgo and those usually don't need all that expensive hardware, so I haven't really felt the need to upgrade as much as others do

I stand firm. Never buy launch hw. Let others beta test it for you.

giphy.gif

can't help it for the most part :/

also your forgot a letter in your link shira

https://www.twitch.tv/cyborgmatt

shira

But they kept Ohaiyo and then added Febby so they are not giving up on their main squad completely for the open qualifier.

But like you said, they could easily still pick up a euro squad like bears and do a Fnatic.Int or something though.

Considering they dropped their SEA squad altogether I'll say they'll pick up a European cup team. Probably Bears if I had to guess.

If QO is free now then he's free to join Fnatic. The question being if they compete in NA with Chessie/Boris/Jeyo or they go with SEA players for the remaining squad.

It'd be pretty cool if Fnatic became like a new MVP squad with Koreans and ohaiyo

I would be Pro controller exclusively(wired if possible). All that motion control 2.0 can burn in a dumpster fire.

Hylian7

Switch and Zelda are great. The start of this game is unlike any of the games other than Zelda 1. The best part is you get this large area to explore right off the bat, and an objective to complete that is vague, but concrete, and lets you explore the even larger map.

I guess I got lucky with my Joycons, I tried to make the connectivity issue happen and it wasn't.

KingKong

Switch and Zelda are great. The start of this game is unlike any of the games other than Zelda 1. The best part is you get this large area to explore right off the bat, and an objective to complete that is vague, but concrete, and lets you explore the even larger map.

I guess I got lucky with my Joycons, I tried to make the connectivity issue happen and it wasn't.

sounds like Witcher 3

Strider

new hats are alright. The Rubick set is the standout but its a rare so it might as well not exist.

I've never played a Zelda before but this game is kinda blowing my mind. I actually only just now realized I hadn't eaten dinner yet and that I should probably take a break for a bit xd

And of course it's always best to wait on new hw... Generally after the first price drop is a good time to jump in... But my Switch has no issues. Loving it tbh.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping for the return of solo queue with this testing period. I've never had a problem with party ranked intermingling with solo but I don't understand how it's statistically sound when you can choose to play party ranked with an infinite amount of different players and stacks. Adds too much variance to the numbers unless you as a player chooses to stack with the same people forever and always.

Hylian7

NSF Nintendo eyes

closeup-1fedcf66-5748-48df-b28d-39469fae0ea1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUZ-Icqhemw

Nintendo can eat a bag of ducks. How did this issue not come up during testing?
Yeah I dunno how they didn't see that coming, especially since they had a similar problem with the original 3DS. I definitely ordered a screen protector and am being super careful every time I put it in and take it out.

Good god BotW is incredible. I am off the plateau and have gone a completely different direction than the objective I was given. I've been trying to (unsuccessfully) wrangle a horse.

Sea definitely deserves a spot though.

All their teams are shit so I disagree. AF and VG.J getting direct invites over NP is bullshit. That SA qualifier was a bad idea. There's only 2 actual teams invited, and they're going to get dumpstered so hard. If coL was smart they would try and qualify for SA Qualifier and jack the invite.

EDIT: Na'vi in the CIS qualifier? Okay...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Switch is actually at the point now where I don't even want one for a new MonHun or Pokeymans game. Nintendo is such a travesty at this point. I had such high hopes for this thing.

Moppeh

Banned
All their teams are shit so I disagree. AF and VG.J getting direct invites over NP is bullshit. That SA qualifier was a bad idea. There's only 2 actual teams invited, and they're going to get dumpstered so hard. If coL was smart they would try and qualify for SA Qualifier and jack the invite.

EDIT: Na'vi in the CIS qualifier? Okay...

Is it really that big of an issue? Onyx and coL aren't that close to their level, so I think they will be fine.

Is it really that big of an issue? Onyx and coL aren't that close to their level, so I think they will be fine.

Doesn't matter, invites should go to teams that have displayed the ability to perform. NP clearly is a Tier 1 team, and it's silly to handwave that fact just because they should be able to win the qualifier anyway. This is basically Valve saying NA is too good, and we have some silly limit on the amount of teams we want from each region. It's also counterproductive to give 2 regions qualifiers for the first time to help give lower tier teams a chance, and then relegate Tier 1 teams to qualifiers.

VG.J gets an invite basically off the back of beating OG 2-1 in a single event? The only thing they've done is beat up on some Tier 3 Chinese teams in qualifiers, and beat Secret and iG.V--who are Tier 2 at best. That's ridiculous.

Good god BotW is incredible. I am off the plateau and have gone a completely different direction than the objective I was given. I've been trying to (unsuccessfully) wrangle a horse.

I just spent 15 minutes chasing this pure black horse around just so i could tame her and name her nightmare...

Twookie

Yeah BotW is actually amazing, I'd be surprised if any other game in 2017 will be as good as BotW

The game has now fully stopped giving me directions, only the major overarching objectives, so now I only have to find out for myself where I want to go first. It's very easy to see why Nintendo chose to highlight the world instead of a story object (like an ocarina etc). The world is absolutely massive and the game constantly lets you know.

The world feels so alive too, there's so many interractions with npc's which makes the game feel more immersive, as they acknowlegde the things you do them, their things or just what you do in the world in general. Every mechanic feels grounded and well integrated too. They just work like you expect them to do.

My only complaints is that the dock performance is lacking, and that horseriding is sometimes finnicky (they can get on stones and refuse to move off it prompting you to return to a stable to get it back. Battery time is pretty bad, understandable considering what the game is pulling off at all times.

games' absolute fantastic, it's going to be the GOTY winner this year for sure, calling it right now.

shira

@v1lat

Plans are huge. And XBOCT will form new team. Afaik, the budget is bigger than most esport orgs can afford.

Potential future powerhouse

Apparently some idiots gave Xboct like $100k to make a team for TI7.

KingKong

Doesn't matter, invites should go to teams that have displayed the ability to perform. NP clearly is a Tier 1 team, and it's silly to handwave that fact just because they should be able to win the qualifier anyway. This is basically Valve saying NA is too good, and we have some silly limit on the amount of teams we want from each region. It's also counterproductive to give 2 regions qualifiers for the first time to help give lower tier teams a chance, and then relegate Tier 1 teams to qualifiers.

VG.J gets an invite basically off the back of beating OG 2-1 in a single event? The only thing they've done is beat up on some Tier 3 Chinese teams in qualifiers, and beat Secret and iG.V--who are Tier 2 at best. That's ridiculous.

How are NP a tier 1 team. Im not even sure if they could compete with the teams youre calling tier 2

Top Bottom