• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

http://teamsecret.gg/changes-to-team-secret-management/

To our partners, sponsors, and most importantly our fans:

As Team Secret prepares for Kiev Major Qualifiers, we would like to announce some recent changes to our team’s management structure. Kemal Sadikoglu will be transitioning his responsibilities as Director effective immediately, and leaving Team Secret to pursue other interests. We would like to thank Kemal for his contributions to the team during his tenure, and wish him the very best in all his future endeavors.

At Team Secret we pride ourselves on being a model organization, championing the industry’s highest principles that require not only competitive fortitude, but management excellence as well. Our founding vision continues to guide everything we do – putting the integrity of the game and the well-being of our players above all else.

As we turn over this exciting new chapter in our team’s history, please join us in extending the warmest welcome to Team Secret’s newly appointed CEO, John Yao. John brings seasoned executive experience to the team, an impressive track record of business success, and perhaps most importantly – a passionate devotion to Team Secret’s mission. With the full support of the team, and founders Clement “Puppey” Ivanov and Matthew “Cyborgmatt” Bailey, Team Secret looks forward to the next wave of opportunities with John’s leadership – and to competing hard for our fans!

Twookie

https://www.twitch.tv/matumbaman

Currently playing against it, although he is very tilted after losing his boots
laugh.gif

ah fuck I was making/eating dinner

how did it fare

wow, kemal out :O

who's this John dude? Binging him only shows a trombone player which I assume is not him.

also what is happening to their teamhouse in turkey?

Twookie

It destroyed them, although the TA did some serious work as well. Though I think Mutumbamans team were being stupid as they kept trying to focus down Abba.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3038998341

that's the exact build order slahser goes too.

was the name of the Abbadon player Lazerus or something?

watching one of his(Slahser's that is) vods now, seems like when you get Radiance, it gets incredibly strong

Secret are bootcamping in Sweden with 2GD

Rename to Team Ass or Team Fired

meowsers, man

inkls

Can we take a moment to appreciate how awful arc warden currently is?

Awful base dmg, 0 base armor paired with 1.9 agility gain which doesn't help his dmg at all either.

Flux: decent ability and the range scaling as well as the slow were 100% needed, but DPS is too inconsistent.

Magnetic field: not bad but is the only survivability tool he has and is easily countered by walking into it and any ranged carry is going to get mkb against him which means no butterfly and hurts his ehp so much lategame on top of having no armor.

Spark wraith: super inconsistent, making it hit only a single target instead of exploding in an AOE on impact means it can't even be used as a farming tool. Lategame useful for vision and then ice frog nerfed the vision.

Tempest double: the defining ability of the hero. Ice frog nerfed the cooldown to pre rapier arc warden and the duration to post rapier warden so now it's the worst of both worlds.

Talents:
Level 10: +20 flux DPS for a non-scaling inconsistent ability or +25 attack speed on a hero with poor agility gain?

Level 15: +200 HP or +30 dmg. The 30 dmg is actually good on a hero who needs dmg.

Level 20: +100 attack range or 10% CD reduction. The CD reduction is a joke. -1 sec for flux, -2 for magnetic field, -0. Something for spark wraith, -4 seconds for tempest double. Cdr is completely worthless.

Level 25: +175 spark wraith dmg (lol) or 30% lifesteal.

Hero feels like what's you'd imagine 12 slotted LD would be except you get there and unless you snowballed most of the time it feels like hard carries do more dmg than you do.

Laning is basically hit or miss. Hero is still a great zoner, but trading dmg-wise only works if they aren't standing in their creep wave and they most likely will have better right click and abilities that will hit you so you can't force them out of the wave unless ahead.

Hero was enabled in CM and no one plays him, the top players on dotabuff playing him are all in stacks so most likely only effective because of MMR disparity.

inkls

Tempest at 6 is like Rearm at 6, especially since the AW in question had no points in Mag Field yet and zero active items.

Hero is p garbo regardless.

No it's not? Level 6 is the power spike that usually allows you to kill a hero if you can stack flux and spark wraiths. Just flux alone stacked is around 700 dmg full duration.

Twookie

Regi's been following people from Ad Finem for quite some time.

This could be it.

yup, the players are starting to follow him on twitter now. good pick-up for TSM and I'm happy for the boys. I hope they manage to negotiate a good salary as apparently their old salary was below minimum wage in Greece :(
although they did get all their tournament winnings for themselves

Any good qualifier matches to watch tonight? Gonna finish my Overwatch placements then play some BotW and watch Dota.

Also holy shit if TSM picks up AF.

My friends all play League so I always joke that I cheer against TSM despite them having some of my favorite Melee / Hearthstone players. If they have a Dota 2 squad again that would be dope.

shira

Holy shit

Puppey tweeted about starting fresh after Kemal and finally having repaid off all his ex-teammates past wages
Hiya. It's been quite some time since I've discussed Team Secret with the community. As you may have read (cont) https://t.co/c61X29x0CC

EE response
"Fullfilled All Obilgations" = Didn't get promised Graphics Nvidia Card, Missing about $30000 USD from 10%, Missing $12000 from salary

Whoah 250k+. Yo Matt pay EE
In total missing about ~$250000 USD and this is excluding the potential money coming from Jerseys and EGB. Sales/Sponsors ignored.

Who had the bright idea of putting Slardars crush on W?!
I played Slardar for the first time in ages yesterday and managed to land a grand total of 0 blink + crush. I somehow always went blink + Sprint instead because i am so used to going blink + Q.

Heroes that go blink + Q:
Axe
Sven
Tiny
Brew
Cent
Sand King
Wraith King
Chaos Knight
Venge
Nyx
Rubick
Lion
Witch Doctor
+++

Heroes that go blink + W:
Slardar
???

I will rebind it ASAP but will that break the ctrl + for leveling it up?

Slardar crush on W is very counter intuitive, I agree with that. I like the hero but I don't think I ever got used to it. To be honest, I didn't look for solutions to remap buttons so I'm not sure if that's possible. Always took some time in the game getting used to it

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
You guys can just do this:

8MzpV2q.png

It is what I have done because it threw me off whilst I was playing him as well.

I don't know about the leveling up question though because I am a dirty mouse level upper.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Ogre's stun is Q tho

I honestly can't remember who it is off the top of my head but whenever I play them I always get it confused

[edit] slardar's abilities make sense to me because they're sort of in order I think? Like you use Q first to get into range and then W to stun once you get there

kionedrik

Lion

Please don't blink+stun with Lion, you get blink to get the most value out of your hex, so blink+W is the best way to do it.

There are tons of heroes with disables on W. Alch, DK,Morph and Lina all have stuns on W. CM, Naga and Slark have root-like abilities, OD has astral, Bat also had the mini-stun, etc. Rhasta even has a stun on E.

edit: underlord's W is also a root.

It's just a matter of knowing the heroes, there doesn't seem to be a specific key for a specific type of ability.

Please don't blink+stun with Lion, you get blink to get the most value out of your hex, so blink+W is the best way to do it.

There are tons of heroes with disables on W. Alch, DK,Morph and Lina all have stuns on W. CM, Naga and Slark have root-like abilities, OD has astral, Bat also had the mini-stun, etc. Rhasta even has a stun on E.

But i get ravage on Lion all the time when i blink!
Yeah, my list was just at the top of my head and i really shouldn't have included heroes that can target their spells because they are more forgiving.
I should have only included heroes that have an aoe like effect that you have to land on a blink like Axe, Brew and Cent.

Slardar's abilities make sense to me because they're sort of in order I think? Like you use Q first to get into range and then W to stun once you get there

I'll bind Sprint to E, same key as Dark Seer's Surge.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I got a friend that bitches about that Slardar mapping as well and I thought he was just being dumb. Weird to hear other ppl bring it up. I personally don't have any muscle memory so strong that it persists regardless of the hero I play.

Red UFO

I got a friend that bitches about that Slardar mapping as well and I thought he was just being dumb. Weird to hear other ppl bring it up. I personally don't have any muscle memory so strong that it persists regardless of the hero I play.
Same, this is kinda blowing my mind.

Hylian7

Zelda is still blowing my mind, and I don't think I have even seen half the game. This has become my favorite game of all time, for sure.

Also I figured out the thing I saw the other day Lake Hylia/Lake Floria spoilers:
Farosh, the dragon showed up when I was at Lake Floria. I managed to hit him with an arrow and he dropped a scale. Before I saw him, I had found the shrine of courage with the goddess statue, and it said I needed a scale from Farosh. Now I need to solve the mystery if the other two dragons I saw (Lake Hylia and near Gerudo tower) are Farosh or different dragons altogether.

Who had the bright idea of putting Slardars crush on W?!
I played Slardar for the first time in ages yesterday and managed to land a grand total of 0 blink + crush. I somehow always went blink + Sprint instead because i am so used to going blink + Q.

Axe
Sven
Tiny
Brew
Cent
Sand King
Wraith King
Chaos Knight
Venge
Nyx
Rubick
Lion
Witch Doctor
+++

Heroes that go blink + W:
Slardar
???

I will rebind it ASAP but will that break the ctrl + for leveling it up?

Maybe it's just because I've been playing for years, but I know that on Slardar his stun was always second slot (W), I'm used to it and don't really see the issue with it. Lina's stun is in the second slot (W) as well.

As for heroes that blink + W: Lion, Alchemist (depending on the meta), Dragon Knight, Earthshaker if ult is on cooldown to name a few.

inkls

I think if you blink with lion you want to use hex first since it's instant because you can blink out with earth spike's travel time.

I'll admit that my list was bullshit and i could probably get used to Crush on W if i played a couple of games with Slardar but rebinding seems like the easier solution.
So after testing it seems that ctrl + Q now levels up Crush too but the order of the skills on the UI are unchanged. I'd rather get used to that.

Zelda is still blowing my mind, and I don't think I have even seen half the game. This has become my favorite game of all time, for sure.

Dat praise, but not undeserved IMO. I've somehow managed to get more shrines than korok seeds.

Twookie

I've never had any problems with stun on W instead of Q. Come to think about it, I haven't really thought about this issue at all.

Y.up, this has become my favorite too, easily. It's the game I have always wanted, for a long, long time too. Thought MMORPG's were the only genre that could invoke the feelings that this game is giving me, but BotW has been proving it so so wrong. I absolutely love this game. It is SO fucking good.

Like, I'd never tell anyone to buy a console for a single game, but if it ever were a game to validate that decision, it'd be BotW.

sing stack about to lose
wtzgU.gif

not again :(

Hylian7

I've never had any problems with stun on W instead of Q. Come to think about it, I haven't really thought about this issue at all.

Y.up, this has become my favorite too, easily. It's the game I have always wanted, for a long, long time too. Thought MMORPG's were the only genre that could invoke the feelings that this game is giving me, but BotW has been proving it so so wrong. I absolutely love this game. It is SO fucking good.

Like, I'd never tell anyone to buy a console for a single game, but if it ever were a game to validate that decision, it'd be BotW.

not again :(
I play Overwatch with some of my co-workers, and they normally hate console games and gave me shit for getting a Switch last week.

Now they are considering dropping the $300 on one to play Zelda.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The talk of Slardars stun being on W threw me off because I use WASD for camera movement. I can't stand edge pan.

BPQDmsI.jpg

What do you use for abilities and items?

Honestly I suggest to to people that can't stand edge pan to use middle mouse.

I've used a lot of computer mice in my lifetime and I'm here to tell you there is not a middle mouse button in the ENTIRE HISTORY OF MANKIND that could handle the rigors of drag panning.

Reven

What do you use for abilities and items?

Honestly I suggest to to people that can't stand edge pan to use middle mouse.

I imagine they use the number keys for abilities. Or they could use *cringe* classic keybindings.

Abilities: Q,E,R,F(T,G)
Items: Z,X,C,V,B,N
I use numbers for control groups. I might have to change it up but its been working for me. It's just the default WASD bindings that you can choose with a few buttons changed.

Top Bottom