• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Nier Automata is one of those games that i couldn't stop thinking about for a long time after i finished it and the OST's for both games are now parts of my everyday commute.
I just think it's a shame that you can't talk about what the game does so well without going into spoiler territory.

Tried support Riki for the first time and i finally won a game with him! It helps that the enemy team didnt buy a gem and they relied too heavily on Slardars ult. It didn't feel like the ult was enough of a counter to Riki.
disappear.gif

I can finally continue the all-hero challenge! Ahh shit...
Invoker's next

J2d

Is the demo of nier representative of the final product? I played it for ten minutes and it felt so bland that I've been surprised by the positive response..

Hylian7

Is the demo of nier representative of the final product? I played it for ten minutes and it felt so bland that I've been surprised by the positive response..
Keep going. I don't know what all is in the demo.

The game as a whole is excellent from both a narrative and gameplay standpoint.

Quesa

What changes do you guys think they need to make to PL to make him competitive? Right now he seems like he's easily countered by most of the meta, but I don't know that nominal changes to his stats/abilities are going to do much for that.

Moppeh

Banned
What changes do you guys think they need to make to PL to make him competitive? Right now he seems like he's easily countered by most of the meta, but I don't know that nominal changes to his stats/abilities are going to do much for that.

I don't think his illusions should give that much gold. Have their be a talent or something that reduces the amount they give.

Other than that, idk.

Keep going. I don't know what all is in the demo.

The game as a whole is excellent from both a narrative and gameplay standpoint.

If I recall the Demo is the intro section on the oil rig. Which is a pretty poor representation of the game as a whole--it switches up styles a lot and doesn't give you access to a lot of the customization that makes the game more enjoyable, also giving you the auto-heal by default sets you up to die when you get into the open world and no longer have it.

Change Doppelganger from 2 illusions one that takes normal damage and does none and one that takes 600% damage and does 20% to 2 illusions that take normal damage and deal 10% damage. Change Agility gain on Phantom Rush duration from 2 to 2/2/3/3. Juxtapose Illusions do 10% damage to buildings.

I don't think his illusions should give that much gold. Have their be a talent or something that reduces the amount they give.

Other than that, idk.

His ulti illusions give a static 5 gold all game. Granted he creates more of them than heroes like Naga or TB, but they give substantially less gold.

Hylian7

If I recall the Demo is the intro section on the oil rig. Which is a pretty poor representation of the game as a whole--it switches up styles a lot and doesn't give you access to a lot of the customization that makes the game more enjoyable, also giving you the auto-heal by default sets you up to die when you get into the open world and no longer have it.

Ah okay, then yeah that opening part of Nier Automata was great.

Also that game had one of the best "Platinum final boss" battles. (Major Automata spoilers):
That switching perspective between 9S and A2 rapidly was so cool.

tri_willy

Congrats Abed

2nd person to achieve 10k mmr

2nd behind a hacky vietnamese brother who registered a clean 10k in the sea servers a few months ago lol

Red UFO

I think they need to make his illusions exempt from the standard illusion rules and values (damage reduction against buildings, gold given on kill etc)

Nerfs to a particular aspect of the game shouldn't just murder a hero like it did with PL.

ScribbleD

Please tell me someone else just caught that Penta/Cool Beans match. 102 minute game, comeback from a 30k net worth deficit and mega creeps. Jesus.

Twookie

yeah that cool beans vs penta esports game was quite something else. super hype, but super dumb holy shit

that's the second megacreeps comeback from cool beans since its inception i believe, although the first time it happened was in an open qualifier game if that counts.

Hmm are there rewards associated for doing the in-game predictions for the battle pass for the regional qualifier? Just need to know if I should do the whole "jump between a bunch of games and put random guesses in them" thing :/

Top Bottom