• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age 3 details leak through survey [Up: Lots of info/character art]

So an you play as an Inquisitor, an agent of the Empire, assemble a team, uncover ancient secrets of the world, then root out and defeat the evil forces causing problems.

Guess Games Workshop wouldn't budge on the Warhammer 40K licensing.

The old Bioware could have done amazing things with an Inquisition game set in the 40K universe. I'll be on the lookout for this to see what it will be like, but a part of me wishes it could have been 40K and I run into Eisenhorn and Ravenor.

Dragon Age 2 got a lot of hate and rightly so in terms of production values, but the premise of the game wasn't bad at all. It had some genuinely fresh and interesting elements which sadly got drowned under Bioware's shoddy production. With that in mind, I am optimistic for the quality of Dragon Age 3. I highly doubt that Bioware would do the same mistakes twice. Other mistakes sure, but not the same ones.

Cheska

I'm in the circle of people who enjoyed Dragon Age 2, so in my opinion bring on Dragon Age 3! The premise does seem interesting with everything and everyone broken apart. Just give me a faster paced gameplay and I'm all set.

Haven't you guys heard? The releases of DA2 and ME3 have retconned previous Bioware games to being shit. I've already seen claims of ME1 and KOTOR being shit start to rise, so by the time DA3 comes out Baldur's Gate should be shit too.

Haven't you guys heard? The releases of DA2 and ME3 have retconned previous Bioware games to being shit. I've already seen claims of ME1 and KOTOR being shit start to rise, so by the time DA3 comes out Baldur's Gate should be shit too.

It's already come to that. You have never seen people post about how Black Isle was the reason Baldur's Gate was any good?

Remmy2112

I'm cautiously looking forward to Dragon Age 3. I liked 1, and I'm willing to overlook 2. It was very average to merely okay in some segments, but I still maintain it wouldn't have been regarded so badly if they had made it a spinoff of Origins rather than a sequel. Hopefully 3 doesn't railroad you into certain unavoidable scenarios regardless of what you do or do not do, like 2 did in a certain part.

Also I really hope if they're going to do an actual civil war between Templars and Mages as a whole they make an effort to make each side more... balanced. In previous games the Templars were all way too quick to slaughter mages, innocent and guilty alike, "just to be safe." On the flip side mages would preach about the injustice done to them but almost every time one had their backs up against the wall they'd turn to blood magic and demons which then justified what the Templars were doing.

Balehead

All the companions are BioWare quality, that much is sure.
A brutal barbarian who enjoys drinking and fighting, a clever mage, and a young bratty rogue.
They're really pushing the envelope with these.

dr_rus

The problem with Bioware recently is that they seem to make games for some average person image they had in their brains instead of making games that they'd want to do themselves. The last great game that was made by Bioware without relying too much on focus groups and fan feedback was ME1. It was all down hill since then for them. From the looks of it DA3 will be made the same way as ME3 was made after ME2 - they'll try to satisfy those strange people who liked the first game and despised the second by including some of first game features into the third one. But ultimately they'll still try to make the game for some "general wider audience" and that means that "A's for Awesome" and simplified character progressions and all that will stay making the third game even worse than the second one - the second one (ME2/DA2) was bad but it still was somewhat of an original take on the same universe. The third one is / will be just plain bad.

C'mon, Bioware, be creative again, don't listen to fans, don't do focus groups. Make games that you yourself want to make. It's perfectly fine for me if that'll mean smaller budgets and less voiceovers.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Haven't you guys heard? The releases of DA2 and ME3 have retconned previous Bioware games to being shit.

Well personally my dislike of ME2 comes from the fact that they gutted anything that made the first game interesting and turned a clunky but promising hybrid into a merely average shooter which constantly teased but never delivered depth.

DA2 and ME3 being crap is unrelated. Well, the success of ME2 after being dumbed down probably contributed to them being so awful.

EVOL 100%

Bioware basically told people that your choices do not matter at all in the sequel and it's all up to them. So yeah, don't be surprised if your warden/Hawke is completely different with the one shown later.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
oh ffs not this Mages vs Templars again,this damn series should be only about the Grey Wardens vs Darkspawns and demon dragons.

I loved Dragon Age : Origins but it wasn't anything unique and the sequel is not bad, it's just shallow and uninspired cash grab.

So yeah, I am sorry, I will not be hyped about the next game. Especially when the synopsis (if true) sounds like been there, done that.

Berto

It's amazing how i lost all interest in Dragon Age after DA2, i don't care about that world and characters. Just to think how obsessed i was by it when i played DA:O several times. :(

squidyj

The Inquisiton, huh? I wasn't expecting that.

Story and writing wise I liked DA2, Art resources, character progression, gme mechanics streamlined to appeal to a more bro crowd on the other hand...

Kem0sabe

41605_135590771967_4498509_n.jpg

Says "Hello Bioware comrades"

Edit:

Also, there is only one awesome way to write an inquisitor character and i doubt Bioware has the balls to hire Abercrombie to do it right.

Glokta%20(painter%2011)%20.jpg

diamount

Banned
I was hoping for DA3 to take place in Tevinter honestly, sounds like a much more interesting place. Especially with the climate with mages breaking away from the circles and Templars doing the same from the Chantry.

Still, Day 1.

Patryn

Will they once again make every mage into a blood mage while at the same time talk about how they're so oppressed and that it's terrible what the templars are doing?

I know they're all hot on the whole mage/templar thing because they think it brings shades of grey to the proceedings, and it would, except that Bioware has no clue how to effectively execute on it. And it doesn't help allowing your character to become a mage and then not face the same restrictions/discrimination as other mages do.

At this same time, I am prepared to give Dragon Age 3 a chance. I don't have high hopes, but I think Bioware realizes that this might be the most important game they've ever released. I really think the future of the studio hinges on this title after DA2, SWTOR and the ME3 controversy.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
It's already come to that. You have never seen people post about how Black Isle was the reason Baldur's Gate was any good?
i dont think it was the sole reason but its entirely plausible that Biowares relationship with the people at Interplay/Black Isle had a positive effect on their output. Just look at their first solo effort (NWN). Theres a drastic difference in quality.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
You can also highlight in red or blue!

Patryn

i dont think it was the sole reason but its entirely plausible that Biowares relationship with the people at Interplay/Black Isle had a positive effect on their output. Just look at their first solo effort (NWN). Theres a drastic difference in quality.

Wasn't NWN originally planned to be a game like BG2, then scrapped and developed into basically an adventure-creating toolset, and finally had a campaign thrown in at the last minute when they realized that people probably wouldn't buy the tools without a game to play as well?

That's what I always heard. That the NWN's campaign was basically an afterthought.

inky

Is there anything EA/Bioware won't focus test anymore? Their betas are also more like pre-order thermometers than anything else.

Top Bottom