• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

TreIII

Kale's broly form is probably gonna be discarded forever next episode anyway.

I could possibly see it being saved for a super. If for no other reason than to just give her that Hulk Slamma-jamma.

Kind of like how Hyper Dimension had Cell bust out his bulked out form for one of his Desperation Attacks!

mas8705

Not to repeat something I said earlier in the thread, but it would be too early to see Kale and Caulifla in Dragon Ball FighterZ, wouldn't it?

Chances are that enough time has passed to where Future Mai could be seen as a feasible character (not too sure about Bulma unless if ASW gives her a move set that isn't based on anything, whereas we have seen Mai at least do things combat wise). As for our U6 Sayians, I'm not entirely sure if they would be added in, or at least not initially. Cauifla would be a nice addition though while Kale would be fun just to watch her "Hulk Reenactment."

Who knows if we might see more though later on but part of me wonders what the chances would be that should U6 still be around, we might see the progression of their Sayians further (especially considering that Caulifla probably could go SSJ3 at any moment considering how fast she is shooting through the grades).

Mediking

Some examples to refresh your mind... (including OG DB, GT and Super since it's possible for this game)

Videl

Caulifla

Kale

Future Mai

Launch

Pan (GT)

You could make a case for Chichi/Milk (be it kid or adult), Bulma, present Mai's mecha, that girl from the Bojack movie, and the ton of other female fighters introduced in Super's Tournament of Power :p but no more gifs for this post or I'd probably annoy people

Nearly all of them should be in the game.

Neoxon

Not to repeat something I said earlier in the thread, but it would be too early to see Kale and Caulifla in Dragon Ball FighterZ, wouldn't it?

Chances are that enough time has passed to where Future Mai could be seen as a feasible character (not too sure about Bulma unless if ASW gives her a move set that isn't based on anything, whereas we have seen Mai at least do things combat wise). As for our U6 Sayians, I'm not entirely sure if they would be added in, or at least not initially. Cauifla would be a nice addition though while Kale would be fun just to watch her "Hulk Reenactment."

Who knows if we might see more though later on but part of me wonders what the chances would be that should U6 still be around, we might see the progression of their Sayians further (especially considering that Caulifla probably could go SSJ3 at any moment considering how fast she is shooting through the grades).
Yeah, it's probably too soon for anything past the Future Trunks arc in DBFZ's Day 1 roster.

20 is only 2 more than Super Dragon Ball Z's roster. I need at least 10 more than that.
Keep in mind that ASW is starting from scratch, so a smaller launch roster comparable to GGXrd Sign is likely.

Slaythe

Keep in mind that ASW is starting from scratch, so a smaller launch roster comparable to GGXrd Sign is likely.

The characters have less complete movesets, the designs are simpler, they have manga / anime poses as references, they also use a ton of their character art bank made for their dbz games over the years.

It's also years later after Sign, where they have stated they make characters a lot faster now that they are used to the tech. What takes a lot of time is balance and conception, but in DBZ things are less complex than in Xrd.

I expect 20 characters at the very least.

Neoxon

The characters have less complete movesets, the designs are simpler, they have manga / anime poses as references, they also use a ton of their character art bank made for their dbz games over the years.

It's also years later after Sign, where they have stated they make characters a lot faster now that they are used to the tech. What takes a lot of time is balance and conception, but in DBZ things are less complex than in Xrd.

I expect 20 characters at the very least.
24 or so may end up being the ceiling, but 20 sounds reasonable.

Slaythe

If 'early 2018' turns into June again, who knows really.

I hope they both make it in.
The problem is that they have no moveset. Kale is, so far, a Broly clone so useless and redundant, that will change over time but they can't exactly improvise her moves.

And Caulifla is a crappy generic "saiyan" that sadly didn't show much interesting stuff. "Transforming" only gets you so far, especially in a game like this.

Her moveset is super limited, she can bearly throw a Ki blast fireball.

It's a fighting game. The way they kick, punch, and move overall is very important, beyond just "fireballs".

Also, 17 and 18 could have a unique ki system, where it fills over time and they can't charge it. You could give them a dodge / counter mechanic on X+Square (what is used to charge ki) to make up for it.

They can do unique stuff with less ki oriented characters.

It's a fighting game. The way they kick, punch, and move overall is very important, beyond just "fireballs".

Also, 17 and 18 could have a unique ki system, where it fills over time and they can't charge it. You could give them a dodge / counter mechanic on X+Square (what is used to charge ki) to make up for it.

They can do unique stuff with less ki oriented characters.
They could I just get the feeling that they want to be super faithful to the series. 17 and 18 are fine cause they can hang with the big boys. Now, it all depends if the team got the freedom to do their thing.. I keep seeing pipe dreams of bulma in a mech or Satan in some jetpack personally I don't see it.

Giga Man

I'm aware, but it's still a DBZ game. I'm expecting a bigger roster size than what most here seem to be expecting, and they have a lot of time to reveal more characters until its 2018 release. I think it's a good sign we already know nine of them in two months.

Slaythe

Stop letting your hateboner get in the way. They did stuff this week whether you like it or not.

One did the most generic kick and punches ever (that didn't look any good) the other is a Broly clone aka redundant. Kale will get her own unique stuff with her next form. But that hasn't happened yet. That has nothing to do with a "hateboner".

So if you want to elaborate and show me that maybe I'm wrong about Caulifla, go for it, I'll look at it.

Or you can act like a 3 years old and dismiss any sort of criticism like you just did. You pick.

I-hate-u

Broly is too damn popular to not include in the launch roster. Are you guys fine with having both?

I am fine with it as long as it's not Kale in berserk mode.

One did the most generic kick and punches ever (that didn't look any good) the other is a Broly clone aka redundant. Kale will get her own unique stuff with her next form. But that hasn't happened yet. That has nothing to do with a "hateboner".

So if you want to elaborate and show me that maybe I'm wrong about Caulifla, go for it, I'll look at it.

Or you can act like a 3 years old and dismiss any sort of criticism like you just did. You pick.

You're the one that's being dismissive. It's not about liking what their movesets looked like or that they're cloned from another brainless idiot character. I want to see better shit too. Obviously. Puny Goku hulk smash was like the only entertaining thing there. And Cauli's suplex i guess. ¯\(O_°)/¯

But both those characters were fighting against the protagonist of the show recently, and they have animations that could be used for the game. That puts them about a million miles ahead of any non-fightsy characters like Bulma, Mai or even Whis. Possibly ahead of characters that haven't fought in a thousand years like Chichi as well.

Kale is basically a Broly female skin so it's better to just have one instead of having clones in the roster.

A solution would be to include this Kale instead:

23eb90f4566498ed67f50e0e411f2485.png

Also since Broly is 100% in, I'd prefer it they use his new "God" form at the very least. I'm sick of his LSSJ design.

Reset

They could I just get the feeling that they want to be super faithful to the series. 17 and 18 are fine cause they can hang with the big boys. Now, it all depends if the team got the freedom to do their thing.. I keep seeing pipe dreams of bulma in a mech or Satan in some jetpack personally I don't see it.
If they're counting Super then anything goes. Everyone is on the same power level. Videl is probably on par with Super Saiyan Goku... She should have no problem hanging out with the big boys.

mas8705

If 'early 2018' turns into June again, who knows really.

I hope they both make it in.

It's more of a matter of when they started development & locked in the base roster.

The problem is that they have no moveset. Kale is, so far, a Broly clone so useless and redundant, that will change over time but they can't exactly improvise her moves.

And Caulifla is a crappy generic "saiyan" that sadly didn't show much interesting stuff. "Transforming" only gets you so far, especially in a game like this.

Even if the game is Early 2018, we still don't have much in terms of the two in terms of what they can actually do. As such, it would be like what Neoxon said in regards of how a base roster that has probably been set already and thus we probably won't see them anytime soon (if at all).

As for the two characters in general, I do have to side with Slaythe's look at the two here. What Kale does could be argued that Broly does better; even if Broly has been sent to Non-Canon HFIL. Still, you know that he will probably get in and that we will see so many references to his moves from the movies he was in.

I like to think that Caulifla has a better chance, but as said before, we don't know what she is truly capable of yet since it seems like every time we see her in action, she is literally moving up a grade every time. If I was designing the roster, I probably would give them the time needed to develop and see if we do see some fancy works out of them since at this point, the only Super characters we will probably see will be Beerus and Hit. Not sure about Whis, but I feel like he would be something like a side assist to Beerus or at least be in his victory animation eating in the background while Beerus gets upset.

Her moveset is super limited, she can bearly throw a Ki blast fireball.

I actually think characters that don't have the capabilities of most DB chars makes them pretty unique from the rest of the standard cast. They could give Mr Satan Cody-esque rock tosses. He already threw rocks instead of Ki in Budokai. Instead of a Ki blast, Videl (or other non Ki blast using characters) could have some sort of other action attached, maybe on that gives her an edge over Ki blast users, maybe some sort of armored move or something like a focus attack. She should have the ability to push block still, obviously.

Lots of possibilities on the table. Maybe she could have some sort of Maya barrier-esque special like Phoenix Wright does in Marvel. Great Saiyaman comes out and shields her?

cordy

Banned
We all know the truth.

Broly will be in. Khaled and Caligula will not.

I don't care how much people cape for them, they ain't getting in this game over Broly. Hell, 17 has a better chance of making the base game than those 2 characters. Dudes out here hoping and praying they get in the game will be heavily disappointed when they're not announced for the base title like, shit. It's like a setup. They'll either be DLC or they'll be in DBFZ2 or something. 17 of all characters, I'd say the whole U7 team, have a better chance than those 2 let alone over Broly. Broly is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too popular, way too popular. It's like people are making wish lists than predictions lists these days.

Malajax

We all know the truth.

Broly will be in. Khaled and Caligula will not.

I don't care how much people cape for them, they ain't getting in this game over Broly. Hell, 17 has a better chance of making the base game than those 2 characters. Dudes out here hoping and praying they get in the game will be heavily disappointed when they're not announced for the base title like, shit. It's like a setup.

They'll either be DLC or they'll be in DBFZ2 or something. 17 of all characters, I'd say the whole U7 team, have a better chance than those 2 let alone over Broly. Broly is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too popular, way too popular. It's like people are making wish lists than predictions lists these days.

That's some hilarious autocorrect if that wasn't just intentional.

I use to think that way but I think both broly and kale can coexist without stepping on each other's shoes.

What changed your mind? So far I don't see anything that differentiates her from Broly seeing that every action she does is just a Broly homage.

That other transformation is a thing now I guess, I didn't know she had another transformation coming.

Caulifla and/or Kale are definitely getting in. Might have to wait for DLC, but they will be in by the first wave of DLC by the latest. They are fan favorites. Almost every interview that asks about characters asks if they will make it in. There is no way Bandai doesn't give one of them priority just from their popularity.

Raxus

Caulifla and/or Kale are definitely getting in. might have to wait for DLC, but they will be in by the first wave of DLC by the latest. They are fan favorites. Almost every interview that asks about characters asks if they will make it in. There is no way Bandai doesn't give one of them priority just from their popularity.

Plus aside from 18 the game DESPERATELY needs female fighters. I hope Arale makes it in as a joke pick.

Level 5 Earth Splitter!

latest

Have just Caulifla be a character and her lvl 3 is Kale getting jealous she's fighting someone else and goes full berzerker, charges in & clobbers the opponent.

Seriously though, I doubt we'll see either in the base roster but there's always DLC/sequel hope. I'd like them to wait just in case they do more stuff in the show that they'd be able to reference so whenever we get the characters they're better versions than one ArcSys has to make up. It'd be a shame if one of em gets a really awesome move down the line that doesn't appear in the game at all.

Plus aside from 18 the game DESPERATELY needs female fighters. I hope Arale makes it in as a joke pick.

Level 5 Earth Splitter!

latest

Arale is one of my most wanted characters, she's perfect for filling in that Roll in MvC2 role. She'd be a lot of fun, she needs to be in.

What changed your mind? So far I don't see anything that differentiates her from Broly seeing that every action she does is just a Broly homage.

That other transformation is a thing now I guess, I didn't know she had another transformation coming.

You are right The only real difference between the two of em is that broly wants to be like and enjoys that while kale just turns into that.
If they were both in the game I could see broly always being in his LSSJ form while Kale turns into it for a super or as a transformation.

I remember seeing an image of that "other" transformation a long time ago but I haven't seen/read anything that confirms it's an actual thing or that she turns into that.

mas8705

People would lose their minds if Arale somehow got in. Not to mention that she would have alot of potential in terms of what you can do with her since she has an entire series that could be referred to in order to make a move list (and it does help that we did get that filler episode to show that she can be quote formidable).

If anything else, I'd probably put her in the same category as Krillin where she could make a great support, but not necessary a front line fighter. Perhaps she can even disrupt the enemy with her support attacks in order to give her side the advantage.

You are right The only real difference between the two of em is that broly wants to be like and enjoys that while kale just turns into that.
If they were both in the game I could see broly always being in his LSSJ form while Kale turns into it for a super or as a transformation.

I remember seeing an image of that "other" transformation a long time ago but I haven't seen/read anything that confirms it's an actual thing or that she turns into that.

I wouldn't really want Base Kale in the game since she does ...well absolutely nothing lol. Nothing against additional females in the game, I just don't see her coexisting with Broly in this game.

Top Bottom