• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

AESplusF

I wonder if it's how they gauged how many people are interested to trying out the beta so they probably consider the volume and decided to delay the beta.. Sound like a smart move since they don't want to make any bad impression this time.

Do we know when signups opened?

maks

I was expecting a relase date delay, not a beta delay. Would suck bad if DBFZ gets delayed just beyond next years evo.

I was expecting a relase date delay, not a beta delay. Would suck bad if DBFZ gets delayed just beyond next years evo.

It doesn't have a release date though lol

I can't really see a scenario where the game is delayed that far back. This isn't ArcSys first rodeo and fighting games are very very narrow and focused in scope compared to modern video games. Outside of a major netplay overhaul there's no elements in fighting games I can really imagine that would set development back for over half a year.

maks

It doesn't have a release date though lol

I can't really see a scenario where the game is delayed that far back. This isn't ArcSys first rodeo and fighting games are very very narrow and focused in scope compared to modern video games. Outside of a major netplay overhaul there's no elements in fighting games I can really imagine that would set development back for over half a year.

I always thought of 'early 2018' as march/april time-frame. A 3 month delay is all it takes to miss evo.

I have no idea how big of a game they were intending to make but it does seem like they are surprised by the reception. Perhaps Bamco/ASW decides it may be worth it to do a little more with this game to meet our high expectations.

mas8705

I know where this is going.

960.jpg

Why do I get the feeling that we are going to see this happen when we finally get to the actual beta sign up?

BossRush

I'm okay with the delay, because one they said it's to adjust for the amount of people that will want in, so chances are I can actually play this thing, and two it gives me more time to buy a ps4

『Inaba Resident』;244523937 said:
Mind telling how you found it? I'm in the same boat as you hahaha

well it's in japanese, i just stumbled uppon it! All i can say, it's that it's not in the demo category!

The demo one is in a sub-menu! The beta is in a other sub-menu under the one where you find the demo!

Just check all category you'll find it, the beta is the first one to show up when you're in the right one

Spman2099

I know where this is going.

960.jpg

Why do I get the feeling that we are going to see this happen when we finally get to the actual beta sign up?

See... a man with a scar? Security officers? Help me out, dude.

well it's in japanese, i just stumbled uppon it! All i can say, it's that it's not in the demo category!

The demo one is in a sub-menu! The beta is in a other sub-menu under the one where you find the demo!

Just check all category you'll find it, the beta is the first one to show up when you're in the right one

I have a feeling the BETA is no longer up. I base this feeling on the fact that there are only two games listed in the BETA section of the Japanese PSN and neither of them are DBFZ...

So, according to the official Japanese site, the beta gonna have around 10 characters. I hope that means we're getting more than the 9 initially promised.

Also, the schedule will look something like this:
・2017年9月16日(土)①18:00~21:00

・2017年9月17日(日)①2:00~5:00 ②10:00~13:00

・2017年9月18日(月)①5:00~8:00

http://dba.bn-ent.net/special/cbt/

Zerojul

Yeah no way I have time to play during such small and definite time periods. You guys enjoy the beta for me, good luck to all !

Spman2099

『Inaba Resident』;244525347 said:
I found it. Thanks!

Another slap the face of all those hours spent learning Japanese... *sigh*

I am going to go digging through the Japanese PSN again after I finish work.

_Legacy_

Still looking forward to the beta, August would have been a better time to run the test imo but whatever. Those time slots tho...

nillapuddin

What the hell is up with these betas lately only being available in time chunks, who the hell started this shit and why is it continuing??

Found it in the Japanese store, but can't click the download button. It's grayed out.

Edit: Do I need Playstation Plus? Would make sense I guess.

NandoGip

*sigh*

I can't take those days off from work either. I think they're purposefully trying to minimize the amount of people who will play the beta.

The game is supposed to release in 2018, and if they have a beta already, I'd hope that this game drops in the spring.

Top Bottom