• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Village

Coming to an end I said!

latest

NeonZ

The Super writers.

To be fair, we haven't seen Tomioka or Toshio writing him yet this arc, just King Ryu and Fukushima. I think if no writers liked him at all they'd basically have given him no screentime, but he had good presence in two episodes, the issue is that his role in both was badly handled.

Previously, Toshio had given him lines and a small role in the after party of the Universe 6 tournament while King Ryu (who was credited for series composition for the U6 arc) kept Tenshinhan as a silent background prop during the entire tournament.

b8J0hoD.png

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol.

It's from an EventHubs poll that was posted yesterday.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...ld-you-want-be-playable-dragon-ball-fighterz/

Fact is that's from EventHubs, an FGC-dictated place. This game's centered towards fighting game fans, not casuals and if this is what they want from characters? Imagine what casual fans want.

Broly's getting in this game yall.

Can I get three more votes for Zarbon just so he passes Goten? That would be a victory in and of itself.

I kind of hope Vegito doesn't take up a space that can be used for a more fun character. Vegito has been painfully boring to play in every DB game I've run across.

Zalman

Tenshinhan would be great in this game. Probably the most we can hope for when it comes to OG Dragon Ball representation. Still crossing my fingers for Roshi too.

Slaythe

Tenshinhan would be great in this game. Probably the most we can hope for when it comes to OG Dragon Ball representation. Still crossing my fingers for Roshi too.

I think there are good chances U7 team makes it in.

The team is literally a mix of all of DB's history (canon one).

Tenkaichi budokai : Krilin Tien Roshi

Daimao : Piccolo

Saiyan : Vegeta

Namek : Frieza

Androids : 17 18

Buu : ultimate gohan

And Goku.

Not to mention the game releases next year so passing up on the current super arc to at least include the relevant DB and Z characters would be a terrible decision IMO.

And Goku.

Not to mention the game releases next year so passing up on the current super arc to at least include the relevant DB and Z characters would be a terrible decision IMO.

To be fair, the game definitely seems to cather to the Z audience. As for Super arc, I think you're overestimating how much Super comes into play into the DB fanbase and potential sales.

Eylos

Banned
Cooler is boring, why people voted on him?
I'm missing some characters (Goku kid, pan etc)

Otherwise an okish list

Edit:dabura over kale is bad taste

maks

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...ld-you-want-be-playable-dragon-ball-fighterz/

Fact is that's from EventHubs, an FGC-dictated place. This game's centered towards fighting game fans, not casuals and if this is what they want from characters? Imagine what casual fans want.

Kami is number 66 out of 67. No worries though, he'll 100% be in the game for sure.
In the tutorial along with Master Roshi.

Pretty sure he's a lock.

394B26F04C052B26FA316CEC202C9ECDC1AD2A42

They won't pass up the opportunity.

Also, I'm kinda triggered by people wanting obscure characters right away when we don't even have important DB/Z/Super characters confirmed.

Next time you'll see people asking for the Ninja in Dragon Ball.

Don't play with my feelings, Slaythe-chan.

RocBase

I actually think for the most part everyone is kinda on the same page! I've seen a couple of other polls and there's a general consistency to some characters:

http://www.ranker.com/list/what-cha...-dragon-ball-fighterz-/astrotaku?publish=true
https://www.poll-maker.com/poll1097123x38aa4f1b-46?s=res

Piccolo is either first or second to Future Trunks (who's confirmed for being in), and then you have Broly, Android 18, Beerus, Gotenks, and surprisingly Kid Buu who are always in the top 10.

Hit, Krillin, Android 17, Tien, Goku Black and Bardock are also pretty consistent top 20 mentions.

Reset

Looking at that poll I'm glad that it reaffirmed my belief that the people in the Super OT are in the minority. You want the knock off over the original? Get outta here. :|

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Looking at that poll I'm glad that it reaffirmed my belief that the people in the Super OT are in the minority. You want the knock off over the original? Get outta here. :|

You know wanting a super character doesn't necessarily mean wanting them over other characters right?

This assumption happens for every single roster discussion for every videogame ever and I don't get it

cordy

Banned

And Goku.

After seeing the poll results, I think I have to agree although 17 is a wildcard. All the other members of the U7 team are so crucial and popular to DB that throwing them in the game's pretty easy. You can throw in a few unexpected surprises and there will be a nice base roster.

I actually think for the most part everyone is kinda on the same page! I've seen a couple of other polls and there's a general consistency to some characters:

http://www.ranker.com/list/what-cha...-dragon-ball-fighterz-/astrotaku?publish=true
https://www.poll-maker.com/poll1097123x38aa4f1b-46?s=res

Piccolo is either first or second to Future Trunks (who's confirmed for being in), and then you have Broly, Android 18, Beerus, Gotenks, and surprisingly Kid Buu who are always in the top 10.

Hit, Krillin, Android 17, Tien, Goku Black and Bardock are also pretty consistent top 20 mentions.
Yep it's as if almost every poll has the same usual suspects and luckily ASW is great enough to give them diversity. I look forward to the full roster reveal.
Gogeta & Cooler over Adult Gohan & Whis? If it wasn't for Android 17 ranking so high, I'd be absolutely livid right now.

He's 16th.

If this wasnt already thought up.I have an idea for a gimmick character Bulma with a power suit (an excuse for why she can stand toe to toe with the likes of Goku, Cell, etc) and she sets up traps like Jack-o' valentine but they're all capsule corp. branded machines.

You know wanting a super character doesn't necessarily mean wanting them over other characters right?

This assumption happens for every single roster discussion for every videogame ever and I don't get it
I'm not sure why wanting 1 or 2 Super characters is bad thing? Black and Hit are higher than a lot of those characters too...

cordy

Banned

Hit and Goku Black are probably going to be the only Super characters we get in the base game and that's also counting SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, Beerus and (of course) Golden Freeza as Z movie characters.

Anyone else from Super won't be in the base game, roster's too small and Z favs are too loved.

Oh, my mistake. Still, Whis being that low is criminal.
I expected him higher too tbh.

Real Hero

People want new characters that's it, not a hard concept to understand. Nothing to with wanting something over something else

I-hate-u

My girl 18 at 2 but....

Hercule above 16, janemba, cooler, videl and dabura is a travesty

Also in what fucking world do people want beerus over bardock

Smh

Beerus is one of the best DB characters of all time. Bardock is lame outside of that 1 special OVA.

Moaradin

My girl 18 at 2 but....

Hercule above 16, janemba, cooler, videl and dabura is a travesty

Also in what fucking world do people want beerus over bardock

Smh

Beerus is the most significant character in Dragon Ball in decades. Who gives a fuck about Bardock?

Nice to see Tien at 7 and Krillin at 5. It's always good when there's enthusiasm for the human Z warriors, IMO.

Like Yamcha?

I'm expecting him to be DLC. If Krillin and/or Tien make it in to the initial game, does Yamcha offer enough unique draw to justify a spot? I don't think so. Whether people want him seriously or want him jokingly, I think the discussion of Yamcha among the DBFZ audience will be consistent and the developers will pick up on it

LotusHD

Banned

Beerus is one of the best DB characters of all time. Bardock is lame outside of that 1 special OVA.

Beerus is great, I'd take him over Bardock any day.

Beerus is the most significant character in Dragon Ball in decades. Who gives a fuck about Bardock?

Good, good.

af710883c4fc032d82e53211d0b5b4b5.gif

Seriously, in a limited roster, and other Saiyans unconfirmed like Ultimate Gohan or Gotenks, or even Broly, why the hell would you want Bardock in there lol

Neonep

A just one.

I don't know why anybody wants Bardock.

I feel since this is the 1st game they need to hit all of the must haves. Piccolo, Tien, Krillin, 17, 18, & Broly all seem to be a given. Now I don't know about the fusion characters like Vegito & Gogeta but if you had to have one Gotenks is probably the best option. Now the alternate versions of characters are the issue. Either Kid Buu or Super Buu has to be there, probably Kid Buu. Same can be said for an adult Gohan. I will go as far as to say that Kid Buu & adult Gohan are mandatory. Everybody else is 50% or less.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't know why anybody wants Bardock.

I feel since this is the 1st game they need to hit all of the must haves. Piccolo, Tien, Krillin, 17, 18, & Broly all seem to be a given. Now I don't know about the fusion characters like Vegito & Gogeta but if you had to have one Gotenks is probably the best option. Now the alternate versions of characters are the issue. Either Kid Buu or Super Buu has to be there, probably Kid Buu. Same can be said for an adult Gohan. I will go as far as to say that Kid Buu & adult Gohan are mandatory. Everybody else is 50% or less.

Honestly I wish they had Super Buu and/or Kid Buu instead of Fat Buu.

That top 15 is pretty much what one would expect. Pleased 17 is ranked so high, sad at 16 being so low.

Also lol at people upset at Broly being significantly higher than Kale.

I-hate-u

Honestly to me, the only character variation that I would say is closest to mandatory is kid Goku. But even I would rather see no variations at all.

Top Bottom