• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

KingBroly

Banned
b8J0hoD.png

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol.

I could see them putting in Gotenks, but they're definitely not putting in Vegito or Gogeta. Personally, I'd expect Fusion characters to act like Big Characters in TvC where they take up multiple slots.

But seriously, Broly isn't being replaced. Not many people know who Kale is.

Neoxon

My girl 18 at 2 but....

Hercule above 16, janemba, cooler, videl and dabura is a travesty

Also in what fucking world do people want beerus over bardock

Smh
Beerus is one of the best antagonists (yes, he's not exactly a villain) in Dragon Ball history, right up there with Frieza, King Piccolo, & Cell. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say that Beerus is one of Dragon Ball's best characters period. As I said numerous times in this thread, he & Whis helped revive the entire franchise with what's considered by many to be Dragon Ball's best movie. If anyone deserved to be in the base roster, it's definitely Universe 7's God of Destruction.

Beerus is one of the best antagonists (yes, he's not exactly a villain) in Dragon Ball history, right up there with Frieza, King Piccolo, & Cell. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say that Beerus is one of Dragon Ball's best characters period. As I said numerous times in this thread, he & Whis helped revive the entire franchise. If anyone deserved to be in the base roster, it's definitely Universe 7's God of Destruction.

Beerus IS Dragon Ball. He is easily one of the best characters in the series and evokes what DB is about. Brilliant personality, fun to watch, can be serious when needed, endlessly entertaining

Neoxon

Beerus IS Dragon Ball. He is easily one of the best characters in the series. Brilliant personality, fun to watch, can be serious when needed, endlessly entertaining
He can go from childishly hilarious to dead serious at the flip of a switch, & it all just works.

cordy

Banned
Glad most of us are on the Beerus train. We can argue about other characters but no Beerus? Nah that's where the line's drawn.

LotusHD

Banned
He can go from childishly hilarious to dead serious at the flip of a switch, & it all just works.

The episodes where he reminds me you that he's a GoD are the best lol

Out of all the Super/Post-DBZ characters, he's the easiest to put in the roster.

I haven't watched Dragonball in almost 2 decades, but seeing a Beerus clip made me spend an entire day on DB Super. Just a fantastic and fun character. He's instantly on my team.

Neoxon

Beerus is one of the best DB characters of all time. Bardock is lame outside of that 1 special OVA.
Beerus is great, I'd take him over Bardock any day.
Beerus is the most significant character in Dragon Ball in decades. Who gives a fuck about Bardock?
Good, good.

af710883c4fc032d82e53211d0b5b4b5.gif

Seriously, in a limited roster, and other Saiyans unconfirmed like Ultimate Gohan or Gotenks, or even Broly, why the hell would you want Bardock in there lol
Beerus>Bardock seems like something most people should agree on....
Beerus IS Dragon Ball. He is easily one of the best characters in the series and evokes what DB is about. Brilliant personality, fun to watch, can be serious when needed, endlessly entertaining
Glad most of us are on the Beerus train. We can argue about other characters but no Beerus? Nah that's where the line's drawn.
The episodes where he reminds me you that he's a GoD are the best lol

Out of all the Super/Post-DBZ characters, he's the easiest to put in the roster.
I haven't watched Dragonball in almost 2 decades, but seeing a Beerus clip made me spend an entire day on DB Super. Just a fantastic and fun character. He's instantly on my team.
It's good to see so many people with good taste in this thread.

And yes cordy, we definitely agree that the line is drawn at Beerus.

RocBase

Yeah I'm all for Beerus over Bardock. Haven't even seen the movie Bardock's in, I just want to keep the saiyan count to a minimum lol (although I do like Beerus, he's a riot)

Village

I don't hate bardock, but yeah beerus is better. Its like that new krypton show with jor-el, like I don't actually give a shit about superman's dad that much tbh.

I would actually give more a fuck about vegeta's dad because I could actually figure out how saiyan society works, but you don't get much out of him besides kind of being a dick and then dying

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
An original, fun character with godlike power vs Goku with a Scouter.

How someone can choose Bardock over Beerus i can't possibly comprehend

Village

Bardocks OVA is cool, and he does cool shit. And they think beerus looks dumb.

Its not that uncommon. There are people who really REALLY just like Z.

Slaythe

An original, fun character with godlike power vs Goku with a Scouter.

How someone can choose Bardock over Beerus i can't possibly comprehend

It gotta be the scars.

If you asked people if they wanted Future Gohan over regular Gohan i'm sure they'd get rid of regular Gohan.

Despite future Gohan being a complete failure.

Basketball

Why the hell would anyone want Kale over Broly

does having a vagina make her that special ?

Sure Broly is not canon but he is still an iconic character in the series

Just look at the character designs
DBZ.jpg

latest

Don't forget his power is maximum

Tenshinhan is more or less confirmed, I read an interview of Tomoko Hiroki on Gameblog, and here is what she says:

http://www.gameblog.fr/dossier_1084_dragon-ball-fighterz-roster-mode-histoire-version-switch-la-

YES!!

Best news of the day by far!

:D

Well to be fair, who DOESN'T love Tenshinhan.

Lots of posters on here in earlier threads and posts were hoping he'd be replaced by someone else, or feel he doesn't belong.

Tien will always be GOAT Human to me for actually standing up to Imperfect Cell and even going after Super Buu to save Gohan.

LotusHD

Banned

DBZ.jpg

There you go.

Lol, I don't really care that strongly about either getting in, obviously in a perfect world everybody would get in. But if I were for some reason forced to choose, I'mma go with Kale, because why not.

Crocodile

I'll never understand some of the hate boners people have for Super. Its inconsistent as heck but that doesn't change the fact that some of the best Dragonball related content ever has come out of it. "I want some random scrub who has had only 1 hour of screentime the entire franchise over one of the best Dragon Ball characters ever!" LOL c'mon son :p

Honestly I wish they had Super Buu and/or Kid Buu instead of Fat Buu.

Nah son

Fat Buu is one of the few fat, big characters they can use. I am glad they went with him.

This guy gets it ^

No, because there is still a lot of people, who don't like super. At all. And only value it for a new level of super saiyan and thats.. it.

Super might not be around that long and people will only remember the new level of SS , just like GT

On the flip side, Super will be how a lot of people, especially new anime fans today, learn about and become introduced to the Dragon Ball franchise. Super is on an upward trajectory (getting more popular not less), is canon and has already contributed more to the Dragon Ball lore than GT. Like sure some people may not like Super and that's their prerogative. That doesn't change the fact that Super is popular, influential and has a future in front of it!

I mean considering Broly's entire character can be surmised as "my power is maximum" and has absolutely zero potential for growth I'll be honest in that "has a vagina" is actually a point in Kale's favor. Broly is that shallow! The big thing is potential. Kale has a lot of room to grow (as a character, powerwise, etc.) whereas Broly doesn't. Then again I know you have a raging hate boner for all things Super so I dunno if anything I say will be able to convince you otherwise :p

I like how's Kale's hair is green for no reason. Broly's was only green cause of the after effects of the mind control device, in 2nd coming it was gold/yellow like every other saiyan.

Karsha

While I agree that Broly's backstory is shit, I don't see how "don't touch the girl i have a crush on or ill go ssj legendary" is better lol. Kale has 1% of Broly's charisma

Big One

Banned
I'd rather have Broli than Kale personally. He is the original, afterall, and he makes more sense.

However I'm not going to rule out Kale's place in the series, either. She could easily be an alternate costume for Broli or a clone of him if they wanted to do that. Kale also has a more unique situation in that it appears (going by the art we've seen of her) that she's able to actually control her berserk rage (unlike Broli) in a more slimmed down form.

Either way I think we should dump both and put our lord and savior Caulifla and call it a day.

tbh they've got so many potential characters from canon Dragon Ball stuff that we don't ever need to dig into characters like Bardock, who had one good OVA but otherwise brings nothing to the table, and Broly, who has had more than enough time in the spotlight from the three dumpster fire movies he's been in

push Master Roshi is what I'm saying

Village

Kale's a way of having Broly without Broly's dumb backstory

The implication is that anyone who likes broly... which is a large section of the DBZ fanbase cares enough about broly's backstory for that to even be an issue.

In this particular sense, it makes even less sense because its a fighting game, so people care less

exfatal

I really hope if they add videl in they give her the super attack where she just kicks in you int he dead.
cd35a1c28574fbb809b3ceb1604c8fc0.jpg

then ends with the kick that broke whats his names neck.

Not even Goku gives a fuck about Yamcha these days, just watch the latest Super episodes.

Oh, yeah!? We'll see what you all think when Yamcha reaffirms his commitment to training following
not getting placed in the TOP team!

You are all going to see a new and improved Wolf Fang Fist

andymcc

Banned
No, because there is still a lot of people, who don't like super. At all. And only value it for a new level of super saiyan and thats.. it.

Super might not be around that long and people will only remember the new level of SS , just like GT

It already has better reception and tv ratings than GT...

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Until this thread I'd never seen any Bardock hate. What's wrong with him? He's pretty cool in the original TV special. Technically weak, but a badass, ruthless, tragic character who loses his friends, is betrayed by his lord, is thought to be crazy by his peers, but fights to the bitter end anyway. He's a fairly unique character by DB standards, and his character development and motivations are among the most believable in the entire series.

Do you guys hate him because of his appearance in that weird shitty OVA where he turns Super Saiyan? Or because of his appearances in some video games or something? I'm hontesly baffled. If you stick to his character as he appears in the original TV special he's great and his whole story is great.

Rutger

Banned
The implication is that anyone who likes broly... which is a large section of the DBZ fanbase cares enough about broly's backstory for that to even be an issue.

In this particular sense, it makes even less sense because its a fighting game, so people care less

So if story doesn't matter, what reason is there to care if it's Broly or Kale that makes it into the game?

Just trying to wrap my head around this. I don't understand why anyone would care about Broly in the first place, but if someone isn't attached to his story, what does it matter if another character is the one doing the gimmick?

Village

I'll never understand some of the hate boners people have for Super. Its inconsistent as heck but that doesn't change the fact that some of the best Dragonball related content ever has come out of it. "I want some random scrub who has had only 1 hour of screentime the entire franchise over one of the best Dragon Ball characters ever!" LOL c'mon son :p

I find a lot of people don't like the designs. I do, I think wiz and those super heroe looking dudes are some fresh as designs for DB, but a lot of people don't.

On the flip side, Super will be how a lot of people, especially new anime fans today, learn about and become introduced to the Dragon Ball franchise. Super is on an upward trajectory (getting more popular not less), is canon and has already contributed more to the Dragon Ball lore than GT. Like sure some people may not like Super and that's their prerogative. That doesn't change the fact that Super is popular, influential and has a future in front of it!

We will see in the end, I hope it turns out well. I'm not one hoping for failure, i'm just saying it could literally lead to nothing.

I mean considering Broly's entire character can be surmised as "my power is maximum" and has absolutely zero potential for growth I'll be honest in that "has a vagina" is actually a point in Kale's favor. Broly is that shallow! The big thing is potential. Kale has a lot of room to grow (as a character, powerwise, etc.) whereas Broly doesn't. Then again I know you have a raging hate boner for all things Super so I dunno if anything I say will be able to convince you otherwise :p
The issue with this, I don't think the people who like broly, like myself want growth. I want him to be a big strong guy who punches the guy super good and thats it. This isn't a series where I want the most in depth character explanations, its DBZ and broly is DBZ rolled into a singular character. He yells, grows larger and punches things angrily for very dumb undefined reasons, that probably could have been avoided if people in the DB universe were more sensical. This " potential for growth" will probably make a lot of those who really like broly, like broly less. Broly is a very simple concept, its what they like, and if Kales growth is bad and unlikable, they will shit on not just her, but super in general for " ruining" ( don't know how you can ruin broly ain't much there) broly.

Its why I don't like kale bring broly. I think broly is a veery simple concept, and I don't want her to be restricted by the popularity of the original concept , and she will be because they chose broly an extremely popular character to model her after. She could have been a cool unique sayain that was unique and they ruined that because... they wanted a broly they could use on a more regular basis. Her whole conception is " we really wanted to use broly but we can't " and that sucks, because she could just been a cool, unique thing. And now she's just broly's replacement when you can't have broly.

And given the stakes of the tournament, might not be around for forever.

DBZ.jpg

latest

Anyone who has Legendary SSJ has maximum power. And Arc can clean up her sketchy design from Super.

Top Bottom