• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Edit: I kind of think that Goku ordered the hit himself. Seems like he knew that Hit was coming before he got the order. And Goku is obviously always looking for a good fight. So wouldn't be suprised.

That would make sense actually, either that or the person who ordered the hit sent him a warning.

That's funny lol I hope it's true

I think it's Whis who made the call.

After Goku gets revived or revealed to not actually have died, I can see there being a huge mystery as to who could have ordered the hit, only for Goku to say, "I did! I've been training real hard, and Hit is super strong, so I wanted to test myself :D"

Perhaps in the next episode, Hit comes back after he realizes that he didn't finish the job

Style

Banned
So I'm watching the Buu-saga and just as I was on about how cool Tenshinhan is, he actually popped up to save Gohan against Gotensk-Buu. That actually caught me off guard, I expected that to be Vegeta! :O

Edit: Also Shin turned into Magus from Chrono Trigger. o|-<
Edit2: Did they seriously drop the earring. Gokuuuuu. :|
Edit3: Did Gohan seriously just let himself get absorbed. :|||

ezodagrom

I want to see Hit fight Buu. His assassination technique won't work! Though in reality he'd just ring Buu out in a single hit, probably :/
I wonder if Buu is still able to learn others skills easily, or if he lost that ability after losing his evil side.
Buu's fights could be interesting if he's still able to do so.

Lamel

Banned
Hit seems a tad bit overpowered, considering he basically froze time this episode. I'm interested to see how they overcome that ability, and I hope it isn't an asspull solution (ha).

olympia

Edit: I kind of think that Goku ordered the hit himself. Seems like he knew that Hit was coming before he got the order. And Goku is obviously always looking for a good fight. So wouldn't be suprised.

I saw someone on another forum suggest this, I can totally see it. It almost seems too obvious that Whis would have ordered the hit to test or train Goku.

Skeeter49

I imagine Gohan was pissed during the Buu fight when he asked for his father's clothes to honor him, and he got Goku's instead.

I imagine Gohan was pissed during the Buu fight when he asked for his father's clothes to honor him, and he got Goku's instead.

rPMh2yB.gif

OldMan

Banned
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that GODS were aware of Hits intentions of taking out Goku...

Hit seems a tad bit overpowered, considering he basically froze time this episode. I'm interested to see how they overcome that ability, and I hope it isn't an asspull solution (ha).

Learn it, like Goku did with time freeze. Chances are it's not the last time we'll see Hit's shield ability. He even showed mercy to Goku in giving him a chance to abandoned his life for self imposed exile so I think that balanced it out imo

Best regards,
OM

Style

Banned
Piccolo is the real dad.

Goku is like some weird uncle.

Goku's relationships with any of his children are pretty fickle. How long has he actually been in Gohan's life? When Gohan was 4 he died, then Gohan met him for some days a year later before he had to go to Namek. After that, Goku vanished again. He came back and him and Gohan trained for 3 years, then 1 year in the time chamber before he died and didn't see him for another 7 years. Before Super, Goku had been in Gohan's life for a whopping 8 years.

And then there's Goten who he didn't even know about until Goten was 7 years old. Also he forced both of his children to fight opponents he couldn't even take down himself.

Piccolo always seemed to care more about Gohan and Goten than Goku actually did.

Style

Banned
Is it already that time of the thread where we say Goku is a bad father again

j3m0pDj.jpg

He's hooooooorrible and I'll never get over it! x|
It has become more apparent on my rewatch up to the Cell arc and watching the Buu arc.
Vegeta is a better dad too!

NandoGip

So I just realized that Nappa is SSJ3...

Goku's relationships with any of his children are pretty fickle. How long has he actually been in Gohan's life? When Gohan was 4 he died, then Gohan met him for some days a year later before he had to go to Namek. After that, Goku vanished again. He came back and him and Gohan trained for 3 years, then 1 year in the time chamber before he died and didn't see him for another 7 years. Before Super, Goku had been in Gohan's life for a whopping 8 years.

And then there's Goten who he didn't even know about until Goten was 7 years old. Also he forced both of his children to fight opponents he couldn't even take down himself.

Piccolo always seemed to care more about Gohan and Goten than Goku actually did.

It's not like Goku was some wino.. he is the earths savior multiple times over. He gets a pass for being a bit absent, especially when a lot of the absenteeism comes from his death lol

Skeeter49

Goku watches his son get his ass beat with a smile on his face, while Piccolo begs Goku to intervene, and then goes to help Gohan because Goku is only at that moment putting 2 and 2 together that Gohan might not be ready for this. There is 0 argument for Goku being a good father.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
We need an episode where Chi-Chi is pushing Goku to be a better dad by comparing him to Piccolo.

Vex_

Banned
Damn hit continues to be a straight gangster "turn around..." this episode built a lot on the current lore too. We got to see some new races!!!!!!

But damn yea... the nep looks like the animators are trolling us.

TreIII

I. AM. HOLLERING.

But yeah, I'm really expecting Gohan and Piccolo to have some more moments in the upcoming arc. They've been training together recently, so it would stand to reason they'd have much more in the way of synergy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom