• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that can happened when Buu dispelled all evil from his body and said evil was later reincarnated as Uub.

Speaking of Buu, it's funny how the different forms of that character are basically a redux of Piccolo.

Kami = Good Buu
King Piccolo = Evil Buu and later Pure Buu
Piccolo Jr. = Uub

We got Good Zamasu and Evil Zamasu... Maybe he will come back as a good guy, Usamaz.

Meneses

I grew up with the portuguese dub but I never liked it much. Especially Vegeta, which was ridiculous. Also, the main dude who voiced all the "good" saiyans was a bad actor with zero range, they all sounded alike.

Another problem is their reliance on memes and breaking the fourth wall. That's especially atrocious in Super's dub, where it turned into basically a "let's see who can come up with the most referential humour".

And Vegeta's character was basically murdered in cold blood. To say that they threw away the original material would be putting it mildly. He's basically an exaggerated "gajo de alfama" (fellow portuguese gaffers will know what I mean). For everyone else, imagine some kind of trailer park trash, that's more or less what he turned to.

I had to stop watching the PT dub.

Goku because power levels went stupid even compared to DBZ in Super. He might not even have to transform.

Hint : Not the one that's a million times inferior to the other...

A trained Uub might change things up though.

The animators because they wouldn't need to animate shit. It'd be over in a second lol.

That's like comparing Namek Goku to King Piccolo.

Guys, I don't know. Kid Buu was really, REALLY strong. I guess SSJB would win in the end but not an easy match for sure.

Guys, I don't know. Kid Buu was really, REALLY strong. I guess SSJB would win in the end but not an easy match for sure.

you must not be watching Super. Kid Buu is a SSJ3 level fighter, SSJ3 Goku in the buu saga is fodder compared to base Goku in Super, now scale that up to SSJB, it's not a discussion.

RocknRola

I grew up with the portuguese dub but I never liked it much. Especially Vegeta, which was ridiculous. Also, the main dude who voiced all the "good" saiyans was a bad actor with zero range, they all sounded alike.

Another problem is their reliance on memes and breaking the fourth wall. That's especially atrocious in Super's dub, where it turned into basically a "let's see who can come up with the most referential humour".

And Vegeta's character was basically murdered in cold blood. To say that they threw away the original material would be putting it mildly. He's basically an exaggerated "gajo de alfama" (fellow portuguese gaffers will know what I mean). For everyone else, imagine some kind of trailer park trash, that's more or less what he turned to.

I had to stop watching the PT dub.

Pfft. You suck! Boooo!

/I kid, I kid :p

// Or do I? >.>

/// Nah, I also grew up watching it. Loved it, exactly because it's so cray-cray. It's unique in it's sillyness. Besides, it's Dragon Ball, it doesn't need to be 100% correctly translated for one to get the overall gist of it :D And to be honest, to this day, I still prefer some of the PT voices over the English & Japanese ones. Like Frieza, Roshi, young Krillin, adult Trunks, Pilaf, etc.

Meneses

Pfft. You suck! Boooo!

/I kid, I kid :p

// Or do I? >.>

/// Nah, I also grew up watching it. Loved it, exactly because it's so cray-cray. It's unique in it's sillyness. Besides, it's Dragon Ball, it doesn't need to be 100% correctly translated for one to get the overall gist of it :D And to be honest, to this day, I still prefer some of the PT voices over the English & Japanese ones. Like Frieza, Roshi, young Krillin, adult Trunks, etc.

Man, I really disagree :p especially about Trunks. I'll give you Roshi, though, he was really good.

RocknRola

Man, I really disagree :p especially about Trunks. I'll give you Roshi, though, he was really good.

With Trunks I think I may still be suffering from an overdose of his JP voice from the past arc haha

I honestly didn't like it that much, but that's just me :p

Wait, did I miss something??

I guess "Good" Zamasu is a bit much but he at least wasn't straight up evil at first. He was just an arrogant student with a pretty terrible teacher.

In the Future timeline, which relatively speaking is 20 years "ahead" of the Present timeline, Future Gowasu was still alive at the start of the saga even though Future Zamasu had 20 years more than in the Present timeline to kill him.

I guess "Good" Zamasu is a bit much but he at least wasn't straight up evil at first. He was just an arrogant student with a pretty terrible teacher.

In the Future timeline, which relatively speaking is 20 years "ahead" of the Present timeline, Future Gowasu was still alive at the start of the saga even though Future Zamasu had 20 years more than in the Present timeline to kill him.

It's actually 17 years though.

Future Gowasu was already dead, we don't know how many planets Black and Zamasu cleansed before coming to Earth, but they apparently had done at least some before Earth.

The future timeline has no bubble-popping Goku to challenge Zamasu about his "Gods are superior to humans" shtick. He's a bad dude - the problem is that he's a bad dude who didn't get good writing, so he just came off as one-note.

The future timeline has no bubble-popping Goku to challenge Zamasu about his "Gods are superior to humans" shtick. He's a bad dude - the problem is that he's a bad dude who didn't get good writing, so he just came off as one-note.

I really enjoyed Present Zamasu, but yeah, Future Zamasu didn't really get enough care, good thing he had Black with him.

olympia

finished commission for TeeHallums. He did that music placement video that gets posted from time to time here and he did the Kikuchi cut of BoG with Ajay. he's a big Gohan fan. pretty specific request.

C7tJmc3U8AAWTKG

RocknRola

finished commission for TeeHallums. He did that music placement video that gets posted from time to time here and he did the Kikuchi cut of BoG with Ajay. he's a big Gohan fan. He was pretty specific in his request.

Is young Gohan crying at how much of a failure he'll become? :v

Also, looks great :) Like a coloured page out of the manga! :D

Daingurse

Kid Buu ain't even the strongest Buu, man. He's nothing to Goku and Vegeta now. The power creep is real lol.

finished commission for TeeHallums. He did that music placement video that gets posted from time to time here and he did the Kikuchi cut of BoG with Ajay. he's a big Gohan fan. pretty specific request.

This is really well done Olympia. Gohan's pain is down-right palpable in this.

guek

Banned
Srs?

Goku literally says that he could have beaten Kid Buu as ss3 if he hadn't spent so much time dicking around and having fun fighting him

Goku was full of shit. What I like about Kid Buu though is that he has such ambiguous limits, even compared to other versions of Buu. If they brought him back, they could write him to have unlimited stamina and health without really contradicting anything in Z.

Kid Buu practically had unlimited Stamina I think. If they made Kid Buu God tier, he'll be a monster. He learns techniques just by seeing it once.

There was a reason why Buu in general was end game for DBZ. He was straight up unfair. Unlimited stamina, practically immortal, learns techniques just by seeing it once, can absorb people, have the power to transform objects, flexible body, and extremely acute ki sensing abilities.

I can't help but see Gohan crying because he found out what he's about to become in Super.

On a more serious note that's some great artwork.

guek

Banned
Kid Buu practically had unlimited Stamina I think. If they made Kid Buu God tier, he'll be a monster. He learns techniques just by seeing it once.

There was a reason why Buu in general was end game for DBZ. He was straight up unfair. Unlimited stamina, practically immortal, learns techniques just by seeing it once, can absorb people, have the power to transform objects, flexible body, and extremely acute ki sensing abilities.

Yup.

But now that I'm thinking about it, could Kid Buu absorb Zen-o?

Kid Buu ain't even the strongest Buu, man. He's nothing to Goku and Vegeta now. The power creep is real lol.

This is really well done Olympia. Gohan's pain is down-right palpable in this.

Srs?

Goku literally says that he could have beaten Kid Buu as ss3 if he hadn't spent so much time dicking around and having fun fighting him

Kid Buu is fodder to Goku and Vegeta, probably be a fanboy and say that Gohan and Piccolo can give him a hard time now.

you must not be watching Super. Kid Buu is a SSJ3 level fighter, SSJ3 Goku in the buu saga is fodder compared to base Goku in Super, now scale that up to SSJB, it's not a discussion.

Didn't Goku fight him as SSJ3 and lost?

I haven't watched Majin saga for a long time now so I'm not sure.

Didn't Goku fight him as SSJ3 and lost?

I haven't watched Majin saga for a long time now so I'm not sure.

He couldn't build up power to maintain ss3.

It doesn't matter now. Goku is supposedly stronger in his base form now than he was in SS3 back then, no matter how stupid that is.

Combined with the complete lack of energy drain, kid buu Vs goku wouldn't be a fight now.

olympia

thanks everyone <3

Really loved watching this one come together.

thanks, and thanks for coming to the stream! it was fun.

Great art, but I'm confused, is Gohan going to be his own dad now?

mostly just gohan reflecting on one of his many past struggles, i think? idk. i just was asked to draw it

while i'm at it i'd thought i'd share some cels and genga i got for pretty cheap that came in the mail today http://imgur.com/a/vASXy

So I learned that there are people that think Vegeta is out of character because he's prioritizing his pregnant wife over training, even though that's consistent with his character development. There are also people that think Toriyama and Toei are done with him because of that, instead of, you know, him fighting and training harder to protect his baby.

mostly just gohan reflecting on one of his many past struggles

I dunno, I like my idea of Gohan raising himself.

Slaythe

So I learned that there are people that think Vegeta is out of character because he's prioritizing his pregnant wife over training, even though that's consistent with his character development. There are also people that think Toriyama and Toei are done with him because of that, instead of, you know, him fighting and training harder to protect his baby.

But he did that already.

Rutger

Banned

Considering how many people seem to think that Super has completely ruined Gohan for showing that he has prioritized being a good father, I guess I can't be surprised by that reaction, haha.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
while i'm at it i'd thought i'd share some cels and genga i got for pretty cheap that came in the mail today http://imgur.com/a/vASXy

Ohh these are super cute! Great choice of scenes.

It's the same shit people said about Gohan before and we all know how wrong they were about that. Guess characters aren't allowed to be dads in fightan shows or something idk.

Omni

Gohan still hasn't done shit yet though, to be fair. Haha.

So weird how Vegeta has become my favourite character because of Super. Though I have to admit I kinda like the cocky, arrogant Goku in this saga so far. At least he isn't acting like a child as much maybe.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gohan still hasn't done shit yet though, to be fair. Haha.

So weird how Vegeta has become my favourite character because of Super. Though I have to admit I kinda like the cocky, arrogant Goku in this saga so far. At least he isn't acting like a child as much maybe.

Guess our definitions of that are different cause he's done plenty since the end of the Trunks arc already.

Omni

Guess our definitions of that are different cause he's done plenty since the end of the Trunks arc already.

I guess so!

The last few episodes have got me a little bit excited about seeing Gohan in the tournament, I have to admit. But not much has changed at all for him since RoF. At least from what I can tell. He's trained a little more and put up a good fight, but he still lost a preliminary match against fodder. Even Buu won his (I understand it's plot and he had to lose since he was second to fight, buuuut)

We'll see how it goes

Slaythe

I guess so!

The last few episodes have got me a little bit excited about seeing Gohan in the tournament, I have to admit. But not much has changed at all for him since RoF. At least from what I can tell. He's trained a little more and put up a good fight, but he still lost a preliminary match against fodder. Even Buu won his (I understand it's plot and he had to lose since he was second to fight, buuuut)

We'll see how it goes

Yeah no difference at all.

He was poisoned anyway. Even Goku lost to poison against Frost, so what's your excuse ?

cf31c4f23eb768d1ede1418ce917f6189843f827_hq.gif

gohan-2.gif

tumblr_olz41bFUBG1uuj1vto1_400.gif

HeroR

The outfits have always seemed really uncomfortable and impractical for field work to me. It always bothers me seeing Trunks wearing a big ass jacket in the middle of the desert.

Oh thank god it wasn't just me who thought that.

You're talking about Kanzenshuu? They have the worst of the worst Vegeta's fans. Vegeta doesn't get the spotlight for a few episode and sudden he's ruined forever. Which is funny since Goku was called a sociopath for pointing out how he was dead when Chi-Chi was pregnant with Goten.

It's the same shit people said about Gohan before and we all know how wrong they were about that. Guess characters aren't allowed to be dads in fightan shows or something idk.

From the same fandom who calls Goku a shit father. I can't help but laugh at the irony.

Slaythe

My excuse? I don't need an excuse. It was a good fight, like I said, but he lost.

It's not an actual sport.

Losing or winning is irrelevant. There has been character development, growth, and Gohan wasn't the weakling depicted in FnF. So the fact that he didn't "win" (to be correct, because he didn't lose), doesn't mean that he's the same.

HeroR

He didn't lose, it was a tie. And technically he won since he stood back up while Lavenda was down.

Well, it was still a tie since he collapsed again before the Grand Priest called it. And, as Goku pointed out after losing to Tien, a lost is a lost. Or a tie in this case.

Have you watched Super?

Kid Buu is total fodder compared to base Goku and Vegeta now. Not even remotely comparable.

Edit: And he was the second weakest form of Buu anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom